TF Prime episodes

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: TF Prime episodes

Post by Almighty Unicron »

JediTricks wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:Get this--rumour is, Welker hated the vocodered-up Soundwave from G1, and has specifically requested they don't do that in future iterations. Which is bullshit, because without it, he's just Dr. Claw again.
What's the source on that rumor? I find it hard to believe, Welker has done HUNDREDS of voices over the last 40 years, some with and some without modulation. Why would that bother him with Soundwave? And it didn't really start until DOTM, where I can't see Bay acquiescing to any request of a voice actor. That would really bum me out of that was true.
Could be that Welker knows he's a voice actor par excellence and doesn't want his voice being covered up by modulation.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:Get this--rumour is, Welker hated the vocodered-up Soundwave from G1, and has specifically requested they don't do that in future iterations. Which is bullshit, because without it, he's just Dr. Claw again.
What's the source on that rumor? I find it hard to believe, Welker has done HUNDREDS of voices over the last 40 years, some with and some without modulation. Why would that bother him with Soundwave? And it didn't really start until DOTM, where I can't see Bay acquiescing to any request of a voice actor. That would really bum me out of that was true.
Yeah, I can't say I buy Welker would request that either.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I tried to Google it up, but I couldn't source it. Hm.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
JediTricks wrote:
Could be that Welker knows he's a voice actor par excellence and doesn't want his voice being covered up by modulation.
I can't imagine that's the case, he's voiced tons of animals and non-verbal characters, ghosts and monkeys and whatnot, even other-language character dubs. How much ego and bluster can one have as a working actor who has done that much stuff? It just doesn't fit IMO.
I tried to Google it up, but I couldn't source it. Hm.
Yeah, I'm calling this a no-go then, I also couldn't find anything, AND he voiced Soundwave with modulation for Robot Chicken a few years ago.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

JediTricks wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:
JediTricks wrote:
I can't imagine that's the case, he's voiced tons of animals and non-verbal characters, ghosts and monkeys and whatnot, even other-language character dubs. How much ego and bluster can one have as a working actor who has done that much stuff? It just doesn't fit IMO.
That's the thing though: Welker does so many cool, unique, non-human or even non-verbal voices using only his natural talent. He can do a snarling dinosaur or a bumbling talking great dane, and it all comes from his pipes, no need for a computer.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:That's the thing though: Welker does so many cool, unique, non-human or even non-verbal voices using only his natural talent. He can do a snarling dinosaur or a bumbling talking great dane, and it all comes from his pipes, no need for a computer.
It's not like he's a contract basketball pro though, and every voice-over actor is modulated to some degree to fit the scene usually, just not as extreme as this. I just still don't see it from him.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

JediTricks wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:That's the thing though: Welker does so many cool, unique, non-human or even non-verbal voices using only his natural talent. He can do a snarling dinosaur or a bumbling talking great dane, and it all comes from his pipes, no need for a computer.
It's not like he's a contract basketball pro though, and every voice-over actor is modulated to some degree to fit the scene usually, just not as extreme as this. I just still don't see it from him.
What do you mean Welker hasn't slept with 20,000 women?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
JediTricks wrote:
What do you mean Welker hasn't slept with 20,000 women?
No, I mean he doesn't get paid millions of dollars to play a game and wear a hitler mustache in undershirt commercials.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Persuasion
Optimus continues the fight with Predaking while the other Autobots are still trying to stop the Decepticons from stealing the particle collider. Optimus is loosing, but Megatron calls Predaking off (to his clear aggravation) to support Shockwave and they get away with the collider. Defeated, the Autobots call Ratchet to groundbridge them back to base, only to learn he's been taken by Soundwave. Meanwhile, Shockwave probes Ratchet's mind only to find out he hasn't had much progress completing the synthetic energon formula either. The Autobots aren't sure why the Decepticons would take Ratchet, but conclude they must want something from him, and Fowler points out the bigger worry at the moment is that the Decepticons now knows the location of this base.

Megatron begins trying to persuade Ratchet into helping them complete the formula, first by threatening the human children, which Ratchet claims mean nothing to him. Really? How many times have the Autobots come to the kids rescue at this point? You really think that bluff is going to work at this point Ratchet? Megatron then points out he knows where the Autobot base is and leaves him to think about it, and then orders Starscream to destroy it anyway. But the Autobots have thought ahead and are able to fool the Decepticons simply by repainting the letters on the hangers... I know Starscream isn't the brightest of Decepticons but why wouldn't he notice the hanger was in a different location, or flatten the entire military base instead of just the one building? And why wouldn't they check for Autobot survivors considering they've survived worst? Or at least wondered where the Autobots are during the battle?

Megatron continues to tempt Ratchet with various Decepticon technology, but Ratchet remains steadfast in not helping the Decepticons. Back at the Autobot base, the Autobots decide the Decepticons must have taken Ratchet to complete the synthetic energon formula and that it must have something to do with their theory the Decepticons are rebuilding the Omega Lock. And Raf figures out a piece of Laserbeak that Smokescreen shot off is a transponder, which is trying to contact the Nemesis, giving him an idea to build a device (that he names Chip) they can use to track down the Decepticon warship. Finally, Megatron shows Ratchet they have already nearly completed a new Omega Lock and Ratchet agrees to help complete the synthetic energon formula.

As the title suggests, the entire point of this episode was Megatron persuading Ratchet to help the Decepticons. The whole scene with the Decepticons attacking the Autobot base felt really contrived to me. Like the writers felt they had to have the Decepticons take advantage of knowing the location, but made it a total cop-out in order to keep it around. Starscream can be incompetent, but he's generally been shown to be smarter than this in this show. Oh, and apparently Ratchet taught Raf how to read Cybertronian off camera. At least they bother to explain that, rather than just have him magically know how already like they have with so many other things in previous seasons. Not a terrible episode but, like Dom likes to say, it felt like a story just meant to move the chess pieces around.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Today's episode called "Persuasion",I felt wasted far too much time in the action & not enough time on the story. it seemed like a episode that could have taken 2 minutes to tell the story/plot that was stretched out to a 22 minute episode. With only Two episodes left,I felt this episode should have had the most story & plot development that existed as foundation to set up the last Two episodes in this Finale.

I have a bad feeling the pacing of the last 2 episodes is going to feel like a rush job. where the Writers & animators shove down half a dozen episodes worth of story/plot/action crammed in 2 last episodes.
Spoiler
Since Their is a rumored 90 minute BH movie,My guess is after Cybertron is restored,The animators will put a spot light on the earth where it's seen that some Predacons managed to survive the destruction of the predacons pods from a few episodes ago.