TF Prime episodes

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: TF Prime episodes

Post by JediTricks »

This episode did an exceptionally poor job stating the stakes involved. I had totally forgotten about what they needed the particle accellerator for, or even what the 'Cons were after.

It seemed like Predadope changed colors back and forth between "cryofire" and regular during this one, from shot to shot even. But, since he was one repetitive crapmaster moment after another, it didn't really matter. And then they suggested his pause to take a phone call which let Optimus take the time to scurry off is what saved the big boss bot, yet when the scene concluded it was no such thing, Predaking had enough time to attack his unconscious prey, but apparently he's gotta get milk from the store instead.

An awful lot of time was spent with bots just punching each other. What is the goal of robots punching in this case? They're not taking any discernable damage usually, and they seem to have relatively limitless energy resources, getting tired only to change the flow of the fight slightly.

Fowler and everybody at the Autobot base continued to be dumb as shit. "Let's make the 'E' into an 'F'!" What the fuck is this, the Lil Rascals? And of course it works, because thinkin's hard. Do they move afterwards? No. Great fucking plan. I guess the heroes are confident after the Vehicons stopped scanning altmodes and were instead looking for car colors.

Megatron's honesty with Ratchet was fun, it was disappointing that he had such a big lie tied into the rest, had Megatron stayed true throughout (by perhaps not making promises about not killing friends) that would have been a very keen character moment. Ratchet has antennae on his backpack yet doesn't even try to call his friends when the opportunity presents itself, could have been a nice turnabout, Megatron is evil but honest while Ratchet is good but deceptive.

This did feel like a lot of filler, and I wonder if that's because they got derailed with this storyline having elements shifted around, if Ratchet was supposed to be captured earlier and tempted over a longer period of time - but instead that took place over the course of a single episode (and a blip at the end of the last episode).
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:Fowler and everybody at the Autobot base continued to be dumb as shit. "Let's make the 'E' into an 'F'!" What the fuck is this, the Lil Rascals? And of course it works, because thinkin's hard. Do they move afterwards? No. Great fucking plan. I guess the heroes are confident after the Vehicons stopped scanning altmodes and were instead looking for car colors.
Reading stuff like this (in the other guys' reviews of this episode as well) does not make me sad that I dropped this show way back in season one, as it apparently hasn't gotten any smarter than it was then. It's just...this just sounds so *dumb*.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Regarding the on-line bashing TFP/BH gets from the fans via forums. The Facts are the TFP/BH series is doing beyond well,after all it's keeps getting nominated & keeps winning awards. TFP/BH been nominated/won more awards than Animated & AEC. In addition to this the Series is doing great in ratings on the Hub network. Last year the TFP series also aired on the WB network in a highly desirable saturday morning time slot.

On-line fans via forums keep praising TF Animated & Bashing TFP/BH. The facts are TF Animated was deemed as a failure on CN. TF Animated did so poorly on the CN network that it kept getting awful time slots. When TFA went on one of it's long hiatus breaks,CN eventually took the series of the air & waited until newer episodes were made to air TFA again on CN. Things got so bad that some newer episodes of TFA aired in the grave yard time slots of 6AM/6:30 AM. To add the final nail in the coffin,TFA was quickly removed from CN once the series ended. I hardly consider any of this a success story,it's a documented failure story.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

BWprowl wrote:
JediTricks wrote:Fowler and everybody at the Autobot base continued to be dumb as shit. "Let's make the 'E' into an 'F'!" What the fuck is this, the Lil Rascals? And of course it works, because thinkin's hard. Do they move afterwards? No. Great fucking plan. I guess the heroes are confident after the Vehicons stopped scanning altmodes and were instead looking for car colors.
Reading stuff like this (in the other guys' reviews of this episode as well) does not make me sad that I dropped this show way back in season one, as it apparently hasn't gotten any smarter than it was then. It's just...this just sounds so *dumb*.
The violence is disgustingly high, and then the thinking is disgustingly low. So you have violence appropriate for a mid-teen audience at youngest, and writing that would enrage a 9-year-old. Who is this show for?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:The violence is disgustingly high, and then the thinking is disgustingly low. So you have violence appropriate for a mid-teen audience at youngest, and writing that would enrage a 9-year-old. Who is this show for?
You might recall that I asked almost this exact question regarding those disparate elements waaaaaay back when I was still watching the early episodes of Season 1.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:The Facts are the TFP/BH series is doing beyond well,after all it's keeps getting nominated & keeps winning awards. TFP/BH been nominated/won more awards than Animated & AEC. In addition to this the Series is doing great in ratings on the Hub network. Last year the TFP series also aired on the WB network in a highly desirable saturday morning time slot.
Those awards are mainly for the animation, sound and directing. So it's a great show in terms of visuals and sound, but the writing for the series is not all that great. And considering so many shows on the Hub are much older reruns, it's not all that surprising the series that actually produce new episodes would be the leaders on the ratings chart for the network.
On-line fans via forums keep praising TF Animated & Bashing TFP/BH. The facts are TF Animated was deemed as a failure on CN. TF Animated did so poorly on the CN network that it kept getting awful time slots. When TFA went on one of it's long hiatus breaks,CN eventually took the series of the air & waited until newer episodes were made to air TFA again on CN. Things got so bad that some newer episodes of TFA aired in the grave yard time slots of 6AM/6:30 AM. To add the final nail in the coffin,TFA was quickly removed from CN once the series ended. I hardly consider any of this a success story,it's a documented failure story.
Cartoon Network is notorious for its poor handling in promoting and scheduling shows. None of that is an indicator the show itself was a failure, that's just Cartoon Network. And as I recall, Hasbro was very frustrated in dealing with Cartoon Network over how they handled Animated.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sparky Prime wrote:Cartoon Network is notorious for its poor handling in promoting and scheduling shows. None of that is an indicator the show itself was a failure, that's just Cartoon Network. And as I recall, Hasbro was very frustrated in dealing with Cartoon Network over how they handled Animated.
This is a good point, actually. The way CN handled Animated basically puts it in the same company as, say Young Justice, Sym-Bionic Titan, or Megas XLR. Which is one of the best compliments I think can be paid to it.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote: This is a good point, actually. The way CN handled Animated basically puts it in the same company as, say Young Justice, Sym-Bionic Titan, or Megas XLR. Which is one of the best compliments I think can be paid to it.
WRONG examples above as TFA always had bad time slots. Having newer episodes air in the GRAVE Yard time slots of 6 am & getting the show taking off the air during long Hiatus breaks is not a good thing.

Megas XLR aired in the best "PRIME TIME" slots CN had & aired numerous times per day/week on CN. Nothing last forever,the show ran it's course & ended,simple as that.

Young Justice aired on the Best "PRIME TIME" slots/days CN had. Nothing last forever,the show ran it's course,told it's story,had a finale episode & ended,simple as that.

Sym-Bionic Titan also received decent time slots & is still airing on CN.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:WRONG examples above as TFA always had bad time slots. Having newer episodes air in the GRAVE Yard time slots of 6 am & getting the show taking off the air during long Hiatus breaks is not a good thing.
Animated didn't always have bad time slots at all. As I recall, it had a regular time slot at 10:30am on Saturday's, which was eventually moved to 8am. Those are pretty decent time slots for prime Saturday morning cartoons. And I don't remember the 6am weekday time slot ever playing new episodes, just re-runs. In fact, looking up the air dates of episodes, Cartoon Network didn't pull it from Saturday's until after the series had ended. And again, it's fairly common for Cartoon Network to put shows on a long unexplained hiatus, even if the show does well in ratings.
Young Justice aired on the Best "PRIME TIME" slots/days CN had. Nothing last forever,the show ran it's course,told it's story,had a finale episode & ended,simple as that.
You're completely wrong about that. I remember Young Justice started in a fairly poor time slot on Friday's evenings before it got moved to a much better 10am slot on Saturday's. And it was plagued with several long hiatus' during it's run, despite being at the top of the ratings on Cartoon Network. And, it hadn't run it's course yet. They were clearly setting things up for another season. The only reason it ended was because of costs to produce the show with out a toy line to support it.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Synthesis
Raf launches the Chip drone in order to find the Decepticon ship. Apparently they think the Decepticons will be able to find it if they put GPS locator on it, so Optimus will follow it, despite the fact it's essentially Laserbeak's signal looking to find the Nemesis. Seriously, what difference would it make if it had a GPS locator on it? With the Decepticons thinking the Autobots are dead, despite never actually confirming if they were even in the building Starscream destroyed in the first place, why do they think the Decepticons would even be keeping a close eye on human GPS tracking, much less figure out any given GPS signal must be headed towards their ship? The thing might as well be screaming to the Decepticons with Lasbeak's signal coming from it. So it comes as no surprise later in the episode when the Decepticons detect Laserbeak's signal and Starscream takes the drone out before it, or Optimus, is able to find the ship. At any rate, thanks to having access to Decepticon technology on the Nemesis, Ratchet quickly completes the synthetic Energon formula. He makes an escape attempt but Megatron stops him and gives him to Predaking to toss around like a rag doll rather than just killing him. This of course gives Ratchet enough time to explain the Decepticons let them find and destroy the Predacon clones. Predaking then turns on the Decepticons and gets thrown out an airlock while Ratchet is able to signal the Autobots.

Rather predictable plot to this episode, it sets up for the inevitable showdown for the final episode of the series. And... no that's pretty much it.