Robots in Disguise comic

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Robots in Disguise comic

Post by Dominic »

Issue 0:

I picked up an extra FCBD issue after skipping it on Saturday. Apparently, the fact that it was new content for an established property and aimed at kids was not enough to make a freebie book sell through.

The writing and art make it painfully obvious that this is being pitched to kids. (I ended up flipping/skipping through most of it.) There is a two page TF/Joe strip by Scioli at the end. Honestly, it is impressive that Scioli manages to make two pages as obnoxiously pointless as a full issue of his book.

Grade: C/D
Kids might like it if they pick it up.

If anybody wants this, let me know.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Robots in Disguise comic

Post by Sparky Prime »

I've heard Arcee, Bulkhead and Ultra Magnus make an appearance in this comic, is that true?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote:Issue 0:

I picked up an extra FCBD issue after skipping it on Saturday. Apparently, the fact that it was new content for an established property and aimed at kids was not enough to make a freebie book sell through.

The writing and art make it painfully obvious that this is being pitched to kids. (I ended up flipping/skipping through most of it.) There is a two page TF/Joe strip by Scioli at the end. Honestly, it is impressive that Scioli manages to make two pages as obnoxiously pointless as a full issue of his book.

Grade: C/D
Kids might like it if they pick it up.

If anybody wants this, let me know.
I'll check my shop on Wednesday, but if they're out, I'll want this.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The two copies I have are already spoken for. But, I can check for more on Wednesday myself. (You are not missing much though.)

I've heard Arcee, Bulkhead and Ultra Magnus make an appearance in this comic, is that true?
For a panel or two on the last page. It looks like Barber is setting up for some kind of twisty conspiracy stuff....which may or may not make sense in a kiddy book.