ToyFair RID15 reveals - Deployers/Mini-Cons

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

ToyFair RID15 reveals - Deployers/Mini-Cons

Post by BWprowl »

So I know we're all still gawking at the Generations stuff like Magnus and Defensor, but ToyFair had plenty of cool forthcoming stuff for RID15 to show off too. One of the biggest ones for me was the reveal of the Deployers and their Mini-Cons, rife with new concepts and gimmicks. They're similar in concept to Soundwave/Blaster and their data discs from Generations a couple years ago, but they're all new dudes rather than remade Geewun guys, and the designs look more interesting to me, especially with all the new stuff like discs and torpedoes turning into little robots and animals like wolves, dragons, and scorpions (named 'Scorpion', GET OVER HERE!). On top of that, they have an armor-up gimmick (something I am a shameless whore for) in the form of punch-out clear armor bits on nifty faction-symbol-shaped sprues that change their look a bit, almost reminds me of the PlaMonsters from Kamen Rider Wizard (one of the actually-cool parts about that iteration). Love that the guys turn into actual ammunition for the larger Deployer figures to launch, carries some cool imagery of robots shooting out weapons that *turn into smaller robots*, brilliant. Also enjoy that Fracture's launcher is his sidecar.

Anyway, these look super-fun to me and I'm excited for all of them. Between these toys looking nifty and the clips we've seen of RID15 the cartoon seeming not-terrible, I'm only trying my best not to get any hopes too up for this series. We'll see.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: ToyFair RID15 reveals - Deployers/Mini-Cons

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I'm sorry but everything about these look like shit. The minicons don't transform into anything and the robot modes just have those launcher things hanging off their sides (and appear pretty damn bricky). I do like the fact that the launcher turns into a sidecar, but that doesn't excuse the terrible robot mode.

We've had this gimmick done, and done better, way back in Armada.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Almighty Unicron wrote:We've had this gimmick done, and done better, way back in Armada.
I don't recall launchable Mini-Con ammunition with autotransforms and clip-on armor in Armada, though I admit I didn't get everything in that line.

I think they look fun.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Yeah, I saw those and thought they looked kind of cool. I especially liked the wolf fella. And the gorilla dude.Oh and of course the scorpion and the dragon. Ok I guess I kind of dig most of them.

Even if these things autotransform and all, the clear armor bits look like they add some good fiddle value in addition to looking cool.

Besides, kinda like Prowl said, I like the idea of some robots having weapons that fire bullets that turn into scorpions or dragons to wreck their opponents.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

The RID 2015 toys in interested in buying. Already bought the RID $19.99 3 step conversion Ultra size Grimlock toy despite it not having that much articulation.

Plan on buying that Rid $19.99 Voyager size Deployers Fracture toy. Because it looks like it has tons of moving joints on the robot mode. Also like the colors, the cool hover bike alt mode, the minicon gimmicks and the robot mode looks good.

I'm probably going to be buying that 3 step conversion Ultra size $19.99 Steeljaw toy when it gets released. Despite it not having that much moving joints on the robot mode. Their is just something about TF wolf toys that I always liked. Think it's cool that the wolf-robot can turn into a 4 wheeled vehicle.

Noticed that the RID 2015 decepticons appear to be using the Takara Web Diver toy line idea. Where a hybrid animal-bot can transform into a vehicle.