Anyone here buying any wave 1 Rid toys?

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Anyone here buying any wave 1 Rid toys?

Post by Tigermegatron »

I thought about buying wave 1 Rid Hyper Change Grimlock. But decided not to due to it having almost no articulation in robot mode.

I Must admit that wave 1 Rid,Warrrior class Steeljaw figure With the beast robot head looked really awesome. both modes looked okay. Might buy the toy if they recolor it dark grey or black and call the toy Ravage.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Anyone here buying any wave 1 Rid toys?

Post by BWprowl »

I've gotten Strongarm, Grimlock, and Steeljaw so far. I wouldn't bother with Steeljaw, Tig. Despite the very strong design and concept, the figure itself falls far short, which was disappointing. Grimlock and Strongarm are pretty good though! Grims is just a fun little dino-robot toy that manages to not feel compromised or shortchanged by the size-class or design at all, and Strongarm is a very...strong toy that also works well with what it's given, and doesn't really chalk up any failures; it just turns in a solid transforming figure of the character. It helps that I've been completely in love with both characters since we first saw them (Strongarm for her concept and Grimlock for his design), but then again that couldn't save Steeljaw, so.

Goddamn, why weren't they showing off super-cool shit like Steeljaw and Strongarm and Grimlock back when they were first priming us for RID15? I wouldn't have been nearly as hard on the series as I was if we'd seen these guys (not to mention the tweaked faction symbols) from the start rather than just showing us Bumblebee and Sideswipe. Hasbro cannot into hype.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

I'm not planning on picking up any of the RID toys. At least not yet anyway. I don't have any reason to dislike them. I just have no attachment to the characters. Though if what I've seen in the clips is any indication, that could change.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Mako Crab wrote:I'm not planning on picking up any of the RID toys. At least not yet anyway. I don't have any reason to dislike them. I just have no attachment to the characters.
This is pretty much where I am. I'm more likely to buy some of the Combiner Wars figures, particularly the Stunticons, since I've always liked that team.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

So I've been watching the new show, and I'm absolutely loving it. Lots of personality for the bots and cons, vibrant colors, great animation, lots of humor and charm. It's a welcome addition to the TF legacy. I'm really liking all the characters. This is the first time in a while that I actually LIKE Bumblebee. That hasn't happened since. . . since. . . well anyway, he's great in this new show. All the others are great so far too.

But I'm still not buying the toys.
They're not even horrible toys from what I can tell. They look bright and simple and fun for the kids. I think after collecting the BW and TFP lines, I've just got the collector bug out of me. I check them out every time I see them in the stores (which is a lot, since I work in retail), but never once have I felt a desire to actually buy one. And I'm guessing that's how it will remain too.

Not hating the line. Just don't need it.