Rid 2015 Hasbro panel at the NYCC October 2014 convention.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Rid 2015 Hasbro panel at the NYCC October 2014 conventio

Post by Dominic »

It is speculation, but there is an Optimus sharing a mould with Motormaster. I would imagine that the back of the Optimus package is a mock-up.

Given that Hasbro likes to use every mould at least twice, it would make sense to have an Autobot recolour of the Stunticons (especially given that there is already an Optimus in the mix).
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Quick question: What exactly does the brand "stand for"?
Innovation, change, forward progress, transformation.
Dom wrote:Given that Hasbro likes to use every mould at least twice, it would make sense to have an Autobot recolour of the Stunticons
>Hasbro
>Make Sense

Pick one.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:It is speculation, but there is an Optimus sharing a mould with Motormaster. I would imagine that the back of the Optimus package is a mock-up.

Given that Hasbro likes to use every mould at least twice, it would make sense to have an Autobot recolour of the Stunticons (especially given that there is already an Optimus in the mix).
I wouldn't be surprised if/when they do repaints, but so what if Optimus shares a mold with Motormaster? Optimus is gong to be released alongside Superion and Menasor, it makes sense Hasbro would be marketing him with his fellow Autobots. Besides, that kinda shows off the 'Scramble City' element with the Superion limbs ability to combine with the Optimus/Motormaster mold torso rather than just Silverbolt.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Quick question: What exactly does the brand "stand for"?
Innovation, change, forward progress, transformation.
Oh. Ok. Sooo... Leader Jetfire flies in the face of that somehow? I'm genuinely curious, I haven't seen leader Jetfire in person, but the pics I've seen don't look that egregious to me.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Leader Jetfire is essentially a bastardization of the 2006 figure. Despite being larger and ~50% more expensive (allowing for inflation since '06) it has problems the 2006 figure did not that would be barely acceptable on a modern Scout/Commander figure.

I am not against a new Jetfire in principle. But, in practical terms, the new one is terrible.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I think some of you guys here are getting way too caried away with the bashing on 30th leader Jetfire. Think some-most here have bias opinions on this since some-most here hate the larger sized TF toys.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote: Given that Hasbro likes to use every mould at least twice, it would make sense to have an Autobot recolour of the Stunticons
I don't think those would sell well.

I think Hasbro's better bet is to recolor the CW Stunticons in G-2 Colors and have they be a Shared Amazon-BBTS sites exclusive.

The idea of having autobots recolored based off the CW Stunticons would only sell somewhat okay to extreme hardcore veteran fans. That's why this idea makes more sense for TFCC Fun Pub to use as Botcon TF conventions exclusives.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote:Leader Jetfire is essentially a bastardization of the 2006 figure. Despite being larger and ~50% more expensive (allowing for inflation since '06) it has problems the 2006 figure did not that would be barely acceptable on a modern Scout/Commander figure.

I am not against a new Jetfire in principle. But, in practical terms, the new one is terrible.
Yeah, but what problems? This really didn't tell me anything other than to say that you dislike the figure. I already knew that. I'm wondering what specifically is worse than the 2006 version? Does it have less articulation? Worse paint apps? From the pics I saw, it looked fine, in fact, I'd really like to get one. I don't currently have the budget, but that is another issue.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Tigermegatron wrote:I think Hasbro's better bet is to recolor the CW Stunticons in G-2 Colors and have they be a Shared Amazon-BBTS sites exclusive.
Good point. They did this with Fruiticus so it makes sense that they would do it for Menasor too.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing Superion get a Decepticon recolor.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

So I caught the panel today with one of my friends. I don't know how much of the story you guys know, but apparently Bumblebee was in charge of an Autobot prison transport ship that crashed over Earth near somewhere called "Crown City". In addition to Bee, there's the law enforcement officer Strongarm and Sideswipe whose reason for being on the ship I didn't catch, and Fixit, the minicon "custodian" who's got the files on all of the decepticons on the ship.

All of the stasis pods on the ship are damaged in the crash and the various decepticons, including Grimlock (yes, he's a 'con) are set free and escape into Earth. 'Bee and his crew befriend Grimlock, who claims he isn't actually a decepticon and was framed (and doesn't have the typical "Me Grimlock" voice but seems to be kind of like a mixture of Grimlock and Bulkhead) and a local human kid, whose dad owns a junkyard full of collectible cars that he's too squeamish to sell. 'Bee is being played with a massive inferiority complex and he's always trying to throw his weight around because he was given command by Prime, but no one listens to him. He says he's gonna go hunt down the 'cons by himself and everyone pretty much says "fuck you, 'bee, you're not half the kid appeal character fucking Cheetor was" and they insist they go to help him. They also showed a clip of the team taking down a decepticon who looked like a humanoid lobster, so I'm guessing that for some reason the 'cons in this show all have animal influences (Grimlock, Steeljaw, etc).

That's all I can remember. A lot of it was the voice actors talking about the process of making the show rather than details on the show itself.