New cartoon: Robots In Disguise

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: New cartoon: Robots In Disguise

Post by Almighty Unicron »

>We must be robots in disguise
>Let's pal around with a fucking bright green mechagodzilla the size of a house

Bumblebee, there's a reason you're not a prime.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

TFW2005 has posted character descriptions from Hasbro Studios. Be warned as some of them contain some pretty major spoilers.

Interesting to find out Fixit will be a "Swiss Army Knife" of tools. Been wondering what he'd transform into with his form being ill-defined compared to the other characters. Not sure what to think of Sideswipe being described like
Spoiler
Deadpool
. I've never been a big fan of that character personally.

The biggest surprise from these descriptions
Spoiler
while Optimus Prime will be advising Bumblebee in his new leadership role, Optimus will be undergoing a personal journey himself, meeting with the 12 Primes on a path to eventually become Optimus Supreme. Almost feel perhaps this is a plotline they should have used in the previous series given they said they would be exploring what in means to be a Prime in Prime, but never really delivered on that.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Saw a bunch of new clips on Hasbro's site. Liking what I'm seeing :)
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I saw a bunch of clips on Youtube and I too am liking it so far. Finally Bumblebee talks, 90% of the other characters are new, Optimus is so far mentioned but nowhere to be seen and there's no Megatron either.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I'm seeing some reports that that cartoon will finally premier in March, although no exact date has been given yet. Not sure why it's taking them so long when it has aired already in some other countries... But then Cartoon Network's scheduling with Transformers series never has been the greatest.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Sparky Prime wrote:I'm seeing some reports that that cartoon will finally premier in March, although no exact date has been given yet. Not sure why it's taking them so long when it has aired already in some other countries... But then Cartoon Network's scheduling with Transformers series never has been the greatest.
And now we have an airdate. RID will begin March 14th at 6/5pm central, before moving to it's home.... at 630am starting March 21st. Well, good to know Cartoon Network hasn't changed at all in giving Transformers the worst timeslot.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

So the schedule will be:

Infomercial
Infomercial
Transformers:RiD15
Infomercial
Infomercial

Jeesussss! Seems like Hasbro would have been better to just release it online than bother with CN again.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:So the schedule will be:

Infomercial
Infomercial
Transformers:RiD15
Infomercial
Infomercial

Jeesussss! Seems like Hasbro would have been better to just release it online than bother with CN again.
I know, I know, people are expected to use DVRs and all, but come on, do we really expect CN to give this any level of advertising to make that viable? Christ.

Your point about online-airing is a good one. Bandai puts the Gundam Build Fighters anime up for free on their Youtube with subtitles for almost every civilized country in the world, and the toyline does gangbusters because of it. Mattel pulled a similar thing with Monster High. Hasbro needs to start thinking that specifically getting their advertainment on actual on-air network TV might be a bit backwards, at this point.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

It's regular time is 6:30 IN THE MORNING?! Why?! There shouldn't even BE a 6:30am much less should anyone actually be awake to see it. Ugh. This is why I missed a lot of Beast Machines when it was on, because I couldn't freakin be assed to get up that early on a weekend. Hell, I don't even wake up that early for work!

Yeah yeah I know, first world problems. I'll shut up now. :oops:
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Jeez, by six-thirty AM, I've already been up for two hours and started work and whatnot.

So..with any luck Hulu will have this? It feels weird for me to say after how much I hated the look of Prime, but this new show looks really good. At least as far as the animation goes. I'm interested enough to check it out.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.