New cartoon: Robots In Disguise

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

New cartoon: Robots In Disguise

Post by Sparky Prime »

Information on the next Transformers cartoon series was revealed today. It will be a sequel to Transformers Prime, taking place years later. The link shows the new version of Bumblebee.
March 17, 2014

THE HUB NETWORK ANNOUNCES BRAND NEW TRANSFORMERS SERIES IN PRODUCTION NOW FOR 2015

Will Friedle, Darren Criss and Constance Zimmer to Star in New Animated Series by Hasbro Studios

LOS ANGELES — The Hub Network, champions of family fun and the only network dedicated to providing kids and their families entertainment they can watch together, announced today that a new animated series is currently in production for the globally renowned TRANSFORMERS brand. Set to debut in early 2015, the new action-packed series is being produced by Hasbro Studios, the production and distribution division of Hasbro, Inc., and is executive produced by Jeff Kline (“Transformers Prime,” “G.I. Joe Renegades”).

Taking place years after the battle between Autobots and Decepticons in “Transformers Prime,” this all new series centers around our hero Bumblebee stepping up to lead a brand new team of Autobots. The show features an all-star cast with Will Friedle (“Boy Meets World”) returning as Bumblebee, along with Darren Criss (“Glee”), Constance Zimmer (“House of Cards”) and Ted McGinley (“Married with Children”). Blending 3D characters with hand-painted environments, the series mixes action-packed adventure with lots of comedy, making it a rip-roaring experience for kids and families to enjoy together.

This is a big year as the TRANSFORMERS brand celebrates its 30th anniversary. The Hub Network will also be celebrating the success of the franchise with special events to be announced later this year.

TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission. © 2014. Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Last edited by Sparky Prime on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: New cartoon

Post by Tigermegatron »

Does Hasbro have a sense of humor? Is this a early April fools day joke?

Is Hasbro going the extra mile to upset Veteran TF fans over 28+?

Anyone else think,Hasbro has a serious case of the Bumblebee character/toy OCD?

Will this series/toy line be like Rescue bots,that has no bad faction Transformers in it?

With Rescue bots ending,Probably before 2015 starts. Does Hasbro have plans to release Two different TF cartoon series in 2015 on the hub Network? Will this bumblee series be the new toddler aimed series? While a more grown up TF cartoon aimed at teenagers/Adults gets created,perhaps a Generations or movie verse type TFcartoon series?

Clearly Hasbro drew inspiration for this 2015 TF series. From the 2012 TF IDW On-going comics,Where Bumblebee is the leader.

For someone like myself who HATES the Bumblebee media/toys characters. This is the worse news possible.

I don't see any positives here. Unless Hasbro throws in a bunch of 5-in-1 combiners teams on both faction sides,some city bots,planet bots,Japanese exclusive bots. Earth animal-bots & 1986 Season 3 bots.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Calling it now: Optimus Prime dies in TF4. Yes, they're separate continuities, but you know. Brand synergy. The Cartoon Loosely Based On The Film. That thing.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:Calling it now: Optimus Prime dies in TF4.
Spoiler
It was already revealed on-line Via the filming scenes spies. that in TF4,Optimus gives a big speech at the end & leaves the earth aboard a space ship. Most on-line fans speculate that Optimus leaves the earth,so he can prevent those decepticons ships in space hovering over the Earth from destroying the earth. apparently there might be a bounty on Optimus's head. Perhaps the bounty was created when Optimus destroyed/Damaged Cybertron in that Space bridge in TF3.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Given they've already killed Optimus (and brought him back) once in the films, I'd be surprised if they killed him again. And with two more sequels being planned (depending on the success of AoE), I doubt Optimus will be leaving.

Anyway, according to Matthew Humphreys, who is one of Prime's and this new show's creative team members, that is not the final design for Bumblebee.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Don't forget synergy with the comics. TIme to make Bumblebee the leader!

I don't think I've seen anyone use the term "rip-roaring" for a long time. :lol:
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:Calling it now: Optimus Prime dies in TF4.
Spoiler
It was already revealed on-line Via the filming scenes spies. that in TF4,Optimus gives a big speech at the end & leaves the earth aboard a space ship. Most on-line fans speculate that Optimus leaves the earth,so he can prevent those decepticons ships in space hovering over the Earth from destroying the earth. apparently there might be a bounty on Optimus's head. Perhaps the bounty was created when Optimus destroyed/Damaged Cybertron in that Space bridge in TF3.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

We already had a scene in the movies where Optimus gives a big speech then gets on a ship and leaves, too.

Anyway, as for the new show, it really does sound like an April Fool's joke, and certainly not a show to draw in a new audience. Continuity with Prime is nobody's friend.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:We already had a scene in the movies where Optimus gives a big speech then gets on a ship and leaves, too.

Anyway, as for the new show, it really does sound like an April Fool's joke, and certainly not a show to draw in a new audience. Continuity with Prime is nobody's friend.
My Two ideas for a TF 2015 cartoon series with toys would be as follows: 1- It would be called: "Rising of the Maximals". The series would be a continuation of the TFP-BH Universe & take place a few years afterwards. It would be a all beast-bots series/toy line,perhaps with some bigger toys being transmetal tripple changers. The Maximals & Predacons would be the newer species on Cybertron that are given orders to head towards earth to find energon or alien artifacts that cybertron needs. The maximals & predacons ships would get in a space fight & crash in earth in the African wilderness,where they both scan beast modes to blend in,while searching the jungles for artifacts & energon.
I'd have the predacons scan 1986 Predacons animal modes & they would combine to form Predaking. While the maximals scan wolf,elephant,bear,eagle & gorrila modes modes then form a combiner called Magnaboss. I'd have 10 predacons that form 2 differnt gestalt & 10 autobots that form Two differnt gestalts. I'd have Ultra Magnus & Megatron pay visits to the earth to check up on the progress & to bring found stuff back to Cybertron. Ofcause I'd have Megatron & Ultra Magnus get Beast modes to blend in & get leader sized toys. I'd give Megatron a leader sized white Tiger mode that can transmetal 3rd transform into a tank. Then I'd Have ultra Magnus get a Big blue Wolf beast mode,that can transmetal 3rd mode transform into a truck of sorts. I'd try to have the others combiners be able to combine with megatron & Ultra Magnus. I'd have Leader sized toys for Megatron & Ultra Magnus form the core middle part of the gestalt combined form while the other voyagers & deluxe sized beast-bots toys form the limbs for Megatron & Ultra Magnus's combiner gestalt modes.

My 2nd idea would be as follows: The cartoon series with toys would be called: "Operation Combination". It would be a combiners & city-bots series. With the two city-bots as the captain-team leaders. I'd have Trypticon be the decepticon city-bot team-leader. While Fortmax is the Autobot team-leader,Since we already have a Metroplex 2013 toy. All the toy sizes from legends,commanders,deluxes,voyagers,ultra's,leaders would all cross-combine with each other. Perhaps Megatron & Optimus could pay visits to the earth,be much older & play mentor roles. I'd have the leader sized toys be able to combine with the voyagers & deluxe sized toys. While I'd have the Legends,commanders & minicons form gestalts & then form the feet,hands,heads,chest plates,back packs,shoulder canons,weapons of the other bigger combiners gestalts.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

andersonh1 wrote:Don't forget synergy with the comics. TIme to make Bumblebee the leader!
Spoiler
Boy are you about to be wrong!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.