Pics released of Takara GO G-26 Tripple changer Optimus toy.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Pics released of Takara GO G-26 Tripple changer Optimus toy.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Pics released of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... led/28622/
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ger/28533/

Brief order description: "This will be a triple changing Optimus Prime figure with robot, train, and dragon modes, plus the ability to combine with G01 Kenzan and G05 Gekisoumaru. The figure also comes with light and sound features."

My 2 cents: Personally this seems like something I might be interested in if it's done right & has some high quality/no short cuts in the toy. My guess is this will be a Voyager sized toy based off the price from the pre-order listing from that etoysjapan pre-order listing in the link above. I'm hoping somehow G26 Optimus will form the core of the combiner while the other 6 G0 combiners form the limbs for the Gestalt.

Since i'm a huge Megatron media/toy fan it would be nice to see him get a GO new mold that's voyager,ultra or leader sized & can also combine with the Go Combiners black epaints evil shadow toys versions. I'd have G0 Megatron be leader sized that's a G-1 1984 styled megatron robot mode that can transform into a White tiger & then transform into a futeristic Galvatron styled Laser canon with tank threads on it.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Takara Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Chan

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:I'm hoping somehow G26 Optimus will form the core of the combiner while the other 6 G0 combiners form the limbs for the Gestalt.
From what the descriptions says, it sounds like Optimus will only be able to combine with the police car and the lion from the other two gestalts. Makes sense as the leaders of the other teams and in keeping with the team of 3.

So Optimus will have a train and a dragon form? That's interesting. Look forward to seeing what that will look like.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Pics released of Takara GO G-26 Tripple changer Optimus

Post by Tigermegatron »

Thread Update: On-line pice are here showing the Takara G0 G-26 Tripple changer Optimus toy in all his modes,Including the Trio Combiner modes. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... led/28622/

My 2 cents: I was kinda hoping the toy would be 8 inch Ultra or leader sized. Sadly it looks like it's voyager sized.

It appears the voyager compacted size hurt this toy. As the Robot & dragon modes are overly kibbled. a bigger toy size like Leader size would have allowed more parts & more room in the sculpt to fit more parts without the sculpt looking like a kibble-master. The only mode that hides most of the kibble is the bullet train mode.

I love tripple changers but this G0 Optimus toy looks like a royal mess & on the border line of excess kibble to the point it ruins the dragon & robot modes.

I would have preferred a old shool Locomotive Train mode for Optimus as it suits his character better instead of a new school Bullet train mode. The train windows are not translucent plastic nor is the Faux chest windows.

The Dragon mode looks like a dragon on skiis,with some of the robot parts shown in excess kibble. It seems to be a weird homage to those Web Diver Dragon alt modes

The robot mode is mediocre at best. I'm less of a fan of faux truck cab windows on the robot chest when the alt mode is a train & not even a truck cab.

The Trio combined modes don't look as great as I was hoping they would look like.

I suspose if Hasbro decides to release this at normal low USA store prices then I might be a buyer. I just don't see myself spending over $70+ to get the Takara version.

HERE'S a awesome IDEA: ---> Hasbro should call this toy Skylynx or Snapdragon,recolor it in Skylynx or SnapDragon colors & put a newer/different robot head on the robot mode,then put it in the 2014 Generations toy line.

If I had my way the TF GO Samurai Trio team would get recolored & called the Protectobots/Defensor for the Hasbro USA retail versions. While the Ninja Trio team gets called either 1997 Magnaboss or the 1986 Predacons/Predaking for the Hasbro USA retail versions. These would make decent 2014 Generations toys.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

This is a very... interesting looking toy, I must admit. I'm a sucker for Primes that don't turn into trucks, as well as triple changers so this might be a buy for me if it isn't exorbitantly expensive to import. That said his robot and dragon modes look very overdesigned and fiddly so I think I'll need to hold off a bit until I see some reviews of him. I also kinda hope he can combine with the other guys, not just the lion and police car.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

It is an interesting new take on Optimus. I was expecting a bit more from the dragon form. It looks more like a huge motorcycle, with some dragon details. His other forms look pretty good. Can't really see all the details of the combiner forms with the text box over them. They look like they'll be top heavy though with how skinny the legs are.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I've been wanting 1987 styled tripple changers new molds for ages,that has a robot,vehicle & beast mode but this GO Optimus look epic bad.----> This looks just as bad as those half-baked craptacular SWTF/Marvel cross-overs TF toys. This GO Optimus new mold looks like it was made & belongs in the rescue bots toy line. The sculpt & engineering on this mold is clearly aimed at toddlers,not teenagers nor adult fans.

The BW Transmetals 1's,BW 2ND Galvatron & the 6/10 changer CR Gigatron are all prime examples of tripple or 6/10 changers new molds done properly/beautifully.

For over 15+ years,I've had a self created fan design in my head for a TM1 Styled Lioconvoy. that would incorporate a truck cab design in the mode as it's 3rd mode. Obviously the truck cab design would have to have a long nose peterbilt design for it to work. I pictured the long truck nose+grill being incorportaed into the lion head+mane. giving the robot mode the actual truck cab windows( not faux cab windows) on it's robot chest,with translucent clear plastic. the smoke stacks can combine & form the robot sword & lion's beast tail.

Other horrocons tripple changers ideas are as follows: 1- Skylynx,A long stealth jet that transforms into a dragon. a tank that transforms into a 4 legged lynx animal. then they both combine to form either a super robot mode or super beast mode. Then ofcause the obvious repaint would be Masterforce Overlord.
2- Megatron horrorcon tripple changer,G-1 Styled animation robot mode megatron that transforms into a tiger then some type of futeristic space gun/riffle like 1987 Sixshot does.
3- Starscream,G-1 styled in both robot & jet modes,that transforms into a bat beast mode since that's where is TFA TFP/BH Persona leans towards for the past few years worth of animated TF series.
4- Bulkhead,Robot,army vehicle & a gorrilla beast mode. since most bulk head toys have short legs,long arms & the characters rank exist as the muscle on the team.

If I had my way,the Beasthunters Ultimate sized Predaking would have had a third mode Jet incorporated into the design. All that was really needed was to have a jet nose that transformed into a dragon head+neck like the 1986 Skylynx toy did. Then maybe shape the dragon beast wings like jet wings,maybe do a 50/50 jet/dragon wings fusion design. lastly just add landing gear wheels on the toy sculpt somewhere. The obvious repaint would be 1986 Skylynx.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Thread update: This is the clearest pics we've got thus far,they are called official pics. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... tos/29034/

Personally,I still think it's a super ugly mold in all forms. About the only mode that hides all the kibble from other modes is the train mode. That Dragon mode has so much other modes kibble,it looks like a Web Diver Dragon vehicle mode.

I think this would make a decent Hasbro 30th 2014 Generations SKYLYNX mold. all Hasbro has to do is give the mold a non-optimus looking robot head sculpt. Then color the mold in 1986 Skylynx colors.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Major Thread Update with a youtube video. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... deo/29283/

My 2 cents: Wow this things just keeps getting worse with every new reveal. The Dragon mode is a total dissapoinment,as it relies on snap on/off parts to make the dragon mode. I like the bullet train mode the best. The robot mode & combiners modes look terrible.

Thankfully,I decided against buying this months ago. I was optimistic it might somewhat be worth the possible Hasbro USA retail $20 price,But I don't think it is.