Roberto Orci Talks About Next Transformers Animated Series

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.p ... pic=143629

In that TF forum link above,Several members seem upset & confused about the words in the article. I agree with what the on-line fans from that Tformers forums are saying,it's like they stole the words rights out of my mouth.

Personally,It makes no sense to hire one of the writers from the first Two live action TF Movies,As their bad story writing & dialogue they wrote for the plot/actors got such negative feedback from on-line fans & non-fans world wide. TF3 was a better written movie with better plot & dialoge because the original 1st & 2nd movie writers weren't writing movie 3's story/dialogue.

I'd prefer the next TF cartoon series NOT be done in CGI as it's greatest negative is a limited number of characters in a cartoon series. I like to see much more than 5 autobots & 5 decepticons in one season. I want to see combiners teams,City bots,animal-bots,cameo Transformers in some episodes like BW Neo had,etc...

What bothers me the most regarding this recent news is the Fact Hasbro wants to use the same exact autobot & decepticon cast from TFP for the 2014 next TF cartoon series. This basically spells doom for the cartoon & toy line,as returning viewers/toy buyers get nothing different in personas & toy designs. With literally thousands of TF characters/toys from 30 years,Why not just swap out the cast with other popular characters. examples: swap out bulkhead for Ironhide,sawp out ratchet for Perceptor,swap out smokescreen for Sunstreaker,swap out bumblebee for hotrod,swap out arcee for elita-1,swap out starscream for cyclonus,swap out megatron for galvatron,sawp out optimus for matrix leader Rodimus Prime.

Whats most upsetting about returning cast members is the fact the toy designers really can't radically design the toys to look different enough to make e'm worth buying over & over. USA Retail stores will have shelves/pegs full of un-sold peg/shelf warmers because parents/kids/fans are not going to buy the same charcter toys over & over & over----->Because the majority do NOT want display shelves full of the same RETURNING CORE cast members toys. MOST WANT VARIETY & different character toys,not the same released over & over & over with TWEAKED designs.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Roberto Orci Talks About Next Transformers Animated Seri

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Personally,It makes no sense to hire one of the writers from the first Two live action TF Movies,As their bad story writing & dialogue they wrote for the plot/actors got such negative feedback from on-line fans & non-fans world wide. TF3 was a better written movie with better plot & dialoge because the original 1st & 2nd movie writers weren't writing movie 3's story/dialogue.
Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman worked on Transformers Prime as well... They were the Executive Producers, which is the same role they will have on this new series.
I'd prefer the next TF cartoon series NOT be done in CGI as it's greatest negative is a limited number of characters in a cartoon series. I like to see much more than 5 autobots & 5 decepticons in one season. I want to see combiners teams,City bots,animal-bots,cameo Transformers in some episodes like BW Neo had,etc...
The CGI for Prime was beautiful, but it was disappointing they didn't have more characters in it. The thing is, it seemed like they could have had more characters in if they'd structured the story better. Like with Cliffjumper, whom they killed off in the very first episode. Similarly, Skyquake was killed off in the episode that introduced him. Although they did reuse the character model for Dreadwing, until they eventually killed him off as well. Wheeljack they introduced in episode 8 and then didn't bring him back until episode 32, only for him to disappear for several more episodes and didn't really join the team until season 3 when his ship was destroyed...
Whats most upsetting about returning cast members is the fact the toy designers really can't radically design the toys to look different enough to make e'm worth buying over & over. USA Retail stores will have shelves/pegs full of un-sold peg/shelf warmers because parents/kids/fans are not going to buy the same charcter toy over & over & over----->Because the majority do NOT want display shelves full of the same RETURNING CORE cast members toys. MOST WANT VARIETY & different character toys,not the same released over & over & over with TWEAKED designs.
Reusing the same characters doesn't mean they can't come up with varied designs for a character. Look at the AEC Trilogy for example. A lot of those characters look very different going from one show to the next. Although I'd agree it'd be nice to have more variety in characters. I'm don't think simply swapping them out for a similar character (like Ironhide and Bulkhead or Bumblebee and Hot Shot) would be the answer though. If they're going to do something like that, it should to be a more dramatic change up.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

I never really bothered to look up Orci or Kurtzman's credentials prior to noticing this thread, and... no, I almost certainly won't be watching this.

I'm sure most of the posters in that thread complaining about the "dumbing down" of Prime's "gritty realism" will swallow their pride and eat it up, though.

Heck, I hope it's different to Prime in that it actually does challenge the kids who watch it. But, as I've said before, Habsor don't seem to have been looking for a new spin on TF since Beast Machines. Hey, they don't need my money!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Well, my interest in the next TF series was fun while it lasted.

I do like that that Orci is ballsy enough to refer to TFPrime as an 'adult' take on TF. In the same way that a 14-year-old's fanfic on DA about Sonic KILLING Dr. Eggman is 'adult', sure, I guess. If that fanfiction also had wacky science project hijinks subplots and awkward romantic innuendo.

But hey, at least Trans4mers is supposed to have a mostly-new cast! I'll rev up for that one!
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

BWprowl wrote:But hey, at least Trans4mers is supposed to have a mostly-new cast! I'll rev up for that one!
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

For the next Transformers series . . .

they've decided to hire the entire writing staff of TMNT. :mrgreen:
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Mako Crab wrote:For the next Transformers series . . .

they've decided to hire the entire writing staff of TMNT. :mrgreen:
But it's the live action TMNT with Venus DeMilo.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

BLORRG!!!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I'm just wondering what age group they intend to cater the next 2014 TF series for. hopefully they don't intend to cater it to the same age group that rescue bots is aimed for. I thought the 2009 TFA series was catered to a much younger kids audience than AEC was. I enjoyed TFP/BH because the viewership age level was for teenagers/adults. At the very least,I'd like to see the next series bridge the Viewership age gap between TFA & TFP/BH.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I've always been in it for the toys,As long as the newer TF toys are created to my preferences & I get some homage characters TF toys,I'm happy.

I could care less how awful or awesome the various TF cartoon series are. I often lower my viewing expectations for newer TF cartoons,Because most of them are more miss than hit.

CGI,No matter how beautiful it looks,Is a bad/Negative thing to use on Transformers cartoons. Because Hasbro has always used the TF cartoons as 22 minute commericials to help advertise/sell the toys in stores. limiting the cast & not having all the toys featured in the cartoons means these non-show toys don't sell as well in stores compared to the show-toys.