The BH toy lines biggest failure is the ugly colored toys.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I understand Hasbro can't release the same beautiful colors on every single TF toy. Hasbro needs to create a whole bunch of color schemes in order for parents/kids to see the different colors & then buy the toys. THEIR IS NO REASONING BEHIND APPLYING UGLY/WRONG COLORS ON A SCULPT THAT RUINS THE SCULPT.

Hasbro needs to hire more competent employees that care enough to take the time to select the best/most beautiful color schemes for the sculpts. Often times,It feels like the color schemes are chosen in a quicky type rush meeting by employees who are incompetent or don't care.

I get it,Hasbro wanted to make some of the re-imagined returning TFP Character toys look a bit different to casual buyers/kids for the BH 2013 toy line. BUT COLORING THEM IN SUPER UGLY COLOR SCHEMES WAS NOT THE ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM.

I think the sculpted BH molds far surpass the sculpted TFP molds. The problem is the BH toys are colored so ugly it ruins the beautiful sculpts.

I would have colored Hasbro's BH Deluxe starscream in another G-1 seekers color scheme. I really like how Takara colored the BH Deluxe Ratchet toy in movie-verse green colors. Takara's BH deluxe Bulkhead toy colors look better in his TFP color scheme.

I would have colored BH Grimwing in BW 1996 Polarclaws color scheme,BWNeo or Botcon toy colors. It's kinda sad this mold has been recolored a few times by hasbro & Takara & all the color schemes look horrible. The Grimwing colors would have been nice if they didn't have the grass green colors in it.

I like the color scheme Hasbro Did for BH Ultimate Predaking. I love the Takara exclusive BW TM2 Megatron toy colors. I think this mold would look awesome in 1986 Skylynx's color scheme/persona.

I think the various BH Predacons sculpts were beyond decent,Problem is most of them were ruined by horrible colors schemes.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Re: The BH toy lines biggest failure is the ugly colored toy

Post by Mako Crab »

Do we know that the BH line is a failure? You got some numbers to back up yer claim?

Aesthetically I'm not a big fan, but what the hell do I know? I'm a 34 year old dude. Not exactly Hasbro's target demographic. The little ones might dig that stuff.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Mako Crab wrote:Do we know that the BH line is a failure? You got some numbers to back up yer claim?

Aesthetically I'm not a big fan, but what the hell do I know? I'm a 34 year old dude. Not exactly Hasbro's target demographic. The little ones might dig that stuff.
USA Major chain retail stores Ordering & restocking is at all time lows for the TFP/BH toy line. Parents/kids are not buying the toys in higher numbers like they did with previous TF toy lines that were sponsored by a cartoon series.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Where are you getting this information?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

It appears someone at Hasbro had a sense of humor when they came up with the color scheme of BH Voyager Grimwing,as it's in 1996 BW Waspinators color scheme.

It's abundantly clear BH Voyager Grimwing's Two fused beast modes are a bear & some type of flying bird. I think a decent color scheme wouldf have been to apply 1996 BW Mega sized Polar Claws color scheme to this mold. then a awesome repaint would be to do the BW Neo brown/black bear color scheme.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Mako Crab wrote:Where are you getting this information?
Nowhere. He's not getting this from anywhere. This is how it goes with Deathy, when WE present information, we have to back it up with like 5 official sources (and even then he still doesn't believe us) but when HE presents "information" we're supposed to accept it as fact because... just because.