Plot synopsis for Predacons Rising

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Plot synopsis for Predacons Rising

Post by Sparky Prime »

Predacons Rising will air on the Hub Network Friday, October 4 according to a press release (mild spoiler warning, the link contains some plot descriptions of the film).
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

New commercial via Entertainment Weekly.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Tigermegatron wrote:Hasbro had another chance to give it's world wide distributors/fans the TFP Unicron Voyager sized toy. Since Unicron is in the BH 90 Minute movie,Hasbro could have easily added the TFP Unicron toy as a part of the "Predacons rising" Target store exclusives sub-toy line selections.
What if target doesn't want a $22 toy that turns into a rock?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

The BH 90 Minute movie will air on friday then have a repeat performance on this saturday. so if you miss friday,you've got saturday. next week on Tuesday most USA retail stores will sell the BH movie.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Now that the movie has finally aired....

Spoilers beyond this point if you haven't seen it yet.

Predacons Rising once again falls upon the Prime series staple of having a lost object that the Autobots need to recover. This time, it's the Allspark, that Optimus secretly captured in an unbreakable box and sent offworld in order to protect it during the war, and of course they'll need it for new life to be born on the recently restored Cybertron. So while Optimus and Wheeljack go take care of that, the rest of the Autobots are left in charge of Cybertron. Bumblebee really shines now that he's got his voice back. He's clearly set up to be a natural leader. Meanwhile, Unicron is awakened by the revitalization of Primus, but because his physical form was sealed when Optimus used the Matrix on his spark, he has to bring Megatron back to life in order to use his body to go to Cybertron. I have to say I really like the upgraded form Unicron gives Megatron. It's a cool look for him. Shockwave and Starscream are also busy trying to clone another new army of Predacons. What happened to the Predacons being too dangerous to use as an army? Did they forget why they abandoned that plan on Earth?

Skylynx and Darksteal are the two new Predacons introduced in the movie. Although they might as well just be lackeys. They don't really get to do much, lot other than beat up Ultra Magnus. Which brings Ratchet to Cybertron, and made it completely pointless to have him stay on Earth in the final episode of the series. After Unicron faces off with the Autobots, he decides Megatron's form is too weak because they got away before he could obliterate them. Shortly after, he encounters Predaking and finds out about a Predacon graveyard, which he decides to resurrect as Terrorcons to destroy Cybertron. Starscream and Shockwave are already there for fossil sample and are horrified to see Unicron raise the entire army. Starscream of course retreats while Shockwave tries to fight but is over run.

The Autobots only defense against this threat is the Nemesis and what ever relics the Decepticons have left in the hold. Unfortunately the Immobilizer is destroyed when Knockout puts an end to Starscream's attempt to re-take the ship. Meanwhile, Predaking finally meets the other two and fight. Once they recognize his authority Shockwave (how did he survive!?) shows up and tells them they should probably go help the Autobots fight off the Terrorcons. Of course the Nemesis is no match and eventually goes down. The Predacons take over fighting the Terrorcons as they fly into the Well of Allsparks to destroy Primus. Optimus and Wheeljack finally return and Unicron senses the Allspark with them. Optimus uses the Allspark's container to trap Unicron's energy within, which also destroys the Terrorcon army. Megatron is once again himself, but having felt what it is to be totally oppressed by Unicron, has lost his taste for conquering and tells Starscream the Decepticons are finished. Finally, Optimus says the only safe place he could store the Allspark energy was in the Matrix, and as such, he cannot pass the Matrix on, nor can he separate his own spark from it. Thus the age of Primes is over. He says his farewells and sacrifices himself to restore the Allspark to the Well of Allsparks. In the end, Starscream decides to restart the Decepticons in his own image, but he is confronted by the 3 Predacons, who want vengeance for how he treated them.

So yeah, like so much of the series I have to say I'm disappointed with the writing. I didn't expect them to cover all the loose ends, but I was expecting them to cover a more than it did. Like Airachnid and all the Insecticons still just hanging out on one of Cybertron's moons. Or Soundwave still being trapped in the Shadowzone. They talk about having signaled refugees to return to Cybertron, but none ever show up during the events of the movie. They didn't mention the humans at all, which I thought was somewhat surprising. At least a cameo when they called Ratchet, but nope, he just shows up on Cybertron. I don't see what the point of implying Shockwave was killed by the Terrorcons was if they were just going to show him alive a few minutes later. For a movie called "Predacons Rising", there really wasn't much focus on the Predacons. But then again, that's not so surprising when season 3 "Beast Hunters", was more like "Fossil Hunters". And what will the Predacons do now? I did like the wrap up for the Autobots though. Felt like a nice bookend to Prime with Optimus saying this is the end of the Age of Primes. Although I have to wonder, once the Allspark was back where it belonged, why couldn't the Matrix be passed onto someone else? It was a decent enough end for the series, but I really felt there was so much more they could have done with it.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

S
P
A
C
E

You've been warned,proceed at your own risk....

That Decepticon throne seat in the Iacon city looked an awful like 1987 Scorponok's forearm shield when the shield was transformed to fit on to the base mode. When I buy the BH Movie on DVD this Tuesday,I'll have to pause the Movie when they show the outer & inner building structure of Iacon to see if it resembles any of 1987 Scorponok's modes.

That newer Megatron form in the BH Movie seemed like the CGI designers did a hybrid form of sorts,that merged many different toy ideas. like the Gaia Unicron armor that AM Megatron's toy can wear,the BH Sharkticon megatron resculpted parts,TFP Megatron's design & lastly the shiny color scheme seemed to be a homage to Takara's TFP/AM-15 Darkness Megatron's toy.

I'm happy the BH movie ended the way it did. It basically throws the Transformers GO cartoon episodes/series in a alternative universe where the BH Movie never existed & BH Optimus is still alive to give some orders to the GO characters that are stationed on the earth.
I suspose it's possible the Transformers GO characters did their mission in the gap period,after BH season 3 ended & Before the BH 90 minute movie started. As viewers we just don't know how much time passed in the Gap period. I'd estimate a few weeks at the least. The key question is,did shockwave create the skylynx & dark steele clones on Cybertron during season 3 or in the gap period. If it's during the gap period then Shockwave needed a few weeks to create the clones.

If the next TF cartoon series & toy line are set in the TFP/BH univers like the writers keep hinting/promising/teasing,Then I'm hoping it has the rise/evolution of the Maximals & Predacons. as this makes the most sense sinceBH optimus died at the end of the BH movie & megatron abandoned his evil ways. It would be nice to see how the Maximals & Predacons rose up to eventually become the dominant species on Cybertron,Only done in the TFP/BH universe with no ties to the 1980's G-1/BW universe. Ever since AEC ended,I've missed the animal-bots toys in large doses,simply getting barely a few per year doesn't cut it for me. it would be nice again to see an entire TF toy line compromised just of animal-bots on both sides in all the different toy sizes. Maybe for the bigger sized toys,do hybrid tipple changers that have a Robot mode,animal mode & Vehicle mode like BW TM1 had but only done a bit better.

Lastly,I find it interesting that the TF4 movie is basically doing the abandoned BH Season 3 plot/story/characters that had the Dinobots & Maybe Combiners in it
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote:Now that the movie has finally aired....

Spoilers beyond this point if you haven't seen it yet.

Predacons Rising once again falls upon the Prime series staple of having a lost object that the Autobots need to recover. This time, it's the Allspark, that Optimus secretly captured in an unbreakable box and sent offworld in order to protect it during the war, and of course they'll need it for new life to be born on the recently restored Cybertron. So while Optimus and Wheeljack go take care of that, the rest of the Autobots are left in charge of Cybertron. Bumblebee really shines now that he's got his voice back. He's clearly set up to be a natural leader. Meanwhile, Unicron is awakened by the revitalization of Primus, but because his physical form was sealed when Optimus used the Matrix on his spark, he has to bring Megatron back to life in order to use his body to go to Cybertron. I have to say I really like the upgraded form Unicron gives Megatron. It's a cool look for him. Shockwave and Starscream are also busy trying to clone another new army of Predacons. What happened to the Predacons being too dangerous to use as an army? Did they forget why they abandoned that plan on Earth?

Skylynx and Darksteal are the two new Predacons introduced in the movie. Although they might as well just be lackeys. They don't really get to do much, lot other than beat up Ultra Magnus. Which brings Ratchet to Cybertron, and made it completely pointless to have him stay on Earth in the final episode of the series. After Unicron faces off with the Autobots, he decides Megatron's form is too weak because they got away before he could obliterate them. Shortly after, he encounters Predaking and finds out about a Predacon graveyard, which he decides to resurrect as Terrorcons to destroy Cybertron. Starscream and Shockwave are already there for fossil sample and are horrified to see Unicron raise the entire army. Starscream of course retreats while Shockwave tries to fight but is over run.

The Autobots only defense against this threat is the Nemesis and what ever relics the Decepticons have left in the hold. Unfortunately the Immobilizer is destroyed when Knockout puts an end to Starscream's attempt to re-take the ship. Meanwhile, Predaking finally meets the other two and fight. Once they recognize his authority Shockwave (how did he survive!?) shows up and tells them they should probably go help the Autobots fight off the Terrorcons. Of course the Nemesis is no match and eventually goes down. The Predacons take over fighting the Terrorcons as they fly into the Well of Allsparks to destroy Primus. Optimus and Wheeljack finally return and Unicron senses the Allspark with them. Optimus uses the Allspark's container to trap Unicron's energy within, which also destroys the Terrorcon army. Megatron is once again himself, but having felt what it is to be totally oppressed by Unicron, has lost his taste for conquering and tells Starscream the Decepticons are finished. Finally, Optimus says the only safe place he could store the Allspark energy was in the Matrix, and as such, he cannot pass the Matrix on, nor can he separate his own spark from it. Thus the age of Primes is over. He says his farewells and sacrifices himself to restore the Allspark to the Well of Allsparks. In the end, Starscream decides to restart the Decepticons in his own image, but he is confronted by the 3 Predacons, who want vengeance for how he treated them.

So yeah, like so much of the series I have to say I'm disappointed with the writing. I didn't expect them to cover all the loose ends, but I was expecting them to cover a more than it did. Like Airachnid and all the Insecticons still just hanging out on one of Cybertron's moons. Or Soundwave still being trapped in the Shadowzone. They talk about having signaled refugees to return to Cybertron, but none ever show up during the events of the movie. They didn't mention the humans at all, which I thought was somewhat surprising. At least a cameo when they called Ratchet, but nope, he just shows up on Cybertron. I don't see what the point of implying Shockwave was killed by the Terrorcons was if they were just going to show him alive a few minutes later. For a movie called "Predacons Rising", there really wasn't much focus on the Predacons. But then again, that's not so surprising when season 3 "Beast Hunters", was more like "Fossil Hunters". And what will the Predacons do now? I did like the wrap up for the Autobots though. Felt like a nice bookend to Prime with Optimus saying this is the end of the Age of Primes. Although I have to wonder, once the Allspark was back where it belonged, why couldn't the Matrix be passed onto someone else? It was a decent enough end for the series, but I really felt there was so much more they could have done with it.
I haven't seen this yet, but wanted to reply to your thoughts about the subtitles and... this is something that's kind of been bugging me about the series from day one. Before the show even started when it was announced we were told that it was called Prime because it was going to focus on what it means to be a Prime and that theme would be a focus throughout the series. But, like all of the other subtitles, Prime has not lived up to this expectation.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:I haven't seen this yet, but wanted to reply to your thoughts about the subtitles and... this is something that's kind of been bugging me about the series from day one. Before the show even started when it was announced we were told that it was called Prime because it was going to focus on what it means to be a Prime and that theme would be a focus throughout the series. But, like all of the other subtitles, Prime has not lived up to this expectation.
Yeah, I saw someone mention that on TFW2005 not that long ago as well. I think it was at Botcon 2010, as you say, they'd said the show was going to be exploring what it means to be a Prime. I think some of those concepts made it into the show with ideas like the Original 13 being expanded on a bit and introducing a few of their relics, and when Optimus lost his memories. But as for actually exploring those concepts... Yeah, it seems that they pretty much forgot about that entirely.
Tigermegatron wrote:As viewers we just don't know how much time passed in the Gap period. I'd estimate a few weeks at the least. The key question is,did shockwave create the skylynx & dark steele clones on Cybertron during season 3 or in the gap period. If it's during the gap period then Shockwave needed a few weeks to create the clones.
I really didn't get the impression there was a gap period with the Autobots celebrating Bumblebee's promotion at the start of the film, and were just establishing what to do to start Cybertron's restoration. Shockwave had spent years alone on Cybertron, when he created Predaking. It's possible he'd started cloning Skylynx and Darksteel when he was found in season 3 and left them to develop while he was on Earth.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

My short short review:

I thought it was decent. Not super great, but decent. Deadlock felt better as a series finale. More epic. But still, I'm glad I got to see it and it did add a bit of finality to the TFP series (while undoing some of the finality of Deadlock).
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

So with this movie out and Prime/Beast Hunters done forever, for good, once and for all, I'm following up with this question again, as promised:
Tigermegatron wrote:
BWprowl wrote:Oh hey, with the Beast Hunters cartoon going, I've been meaning to follow up on a disagreement we all had way earlier:
TigerMegatron, variously wrote:1- Season 3 of TF Prime has a sub label called "beast hunters". This is a clear indication theirs gonna be a ton of beast for the autobots to hunt. the autobots are gonna get new weapons & armor gear to combat/hunt the beast.

1a- To assume their's only gonna be one beast to hunt is just naieve/silly. especially since most know Hasbro is creating 5+ other beast/predacons toys in 2013. To assume the autobots in season 3 won't use the armor gear & new weapons from the TFP 2013 Beasthunters toys is just stupid/ill informed/no back research.

1b-I highly doubt 6+ autobots need to gear up & go extreme weapons just for one beast to hunt.

season 3,Their will be Autobots dressed up in new armor gear & get newer weapons/accessories.
So, uh, halfway through the season already, have the Autobots gotten spiky, remolded, Beast Hunters gear yet?
My guess is the beast hunters gear will come & be worn by the autobots & decepticons in either the last 3 finale episodes of BH season 3 or maybe the possible BH Movie that will take place after BH season 3 ends.
So who was right in the end? Did the Autobots ever get their spiky Beast Hunters armor, gear, and weapons?