TFP Voyager Thundertron toy review discussion thread.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

TFP Voyager Thundertron toy review discussion thread.

Post by Tigermegatron »

TFP Voyager Thundertron toy review discussion thread. If you own this toy,please share a positive or negative toy review for your fellow TF fans to read.

I bought the TFP Voyager Thundertron toy at a target store yesterday. This toy was on my top 10 want list when I first saw pics of it on-line.

My TFP Voyager Thundertron toy review will be most positive & very short/brief. I love this toy,It has Two very impressive & beautiful modes. I measured the Robot mode & it's about 6 inches & 3/4 inches tall from head to toe. This toy is loaded with weapons & cool gimmicks that don't ruin/get in the way of the base toy. the colors are great & they all blend in great with each other.

the robot head looks better in person,the beard & forehead piece is loads better in person. the robot head was my biggest complaint when I first saw on-line test shots pics months ago. I just didn't think the beard matched the young spirted lion mode. In hand the robot head beard looks kinda cool & kinda like a Beastmachines Techno-organic styled facial hair beard. the robot head sculpt kinda looks like a homage to cartoon styled Alpha Trion or 1986 media Scourge. Yes,i'm aware it's a pirate head sculpt based off the comic/novel of Thundertron.

I tried last night to replace the Thundertron robot head with a few Optimus Prime voyager sized & weaponizers sized head sculpts. sadly the optimus heads were either too big or too small. Due to the way the Thundertron robot head tucks under the beast lion's mane for beast mode conversion,it's next to impossible to replace the robot head & then get it to transform properly in both modes. I wound up swapping the thundertron head back & just leaving it on the toy.

I didn't see any test shot pic of a newer robot head in the Thundertron instructions manual. I'm hoping Hasbro or Takara or that ASIAN GDO HASBRO Puts a newer robot head sculpt on the Thundertron toy. I'm holding out & hoping they do a 1986 Razorclaw or 1989 Victoryleo or Target store BW Second Lioconvoy recolor/resculpt using the TFP Thundertron toy,they can put these toys in Generations 2013 toy line or GDO OR UNITED TAKARA TOY LINES IN 2013.

The Mech tech weapon for thundertron is a lot better than the other mech tech weapons the other voyager characters have. as the thunderron mech tech weapon once pegged into the forearm can be rotated around to the sword side.

ABOUT THE ONLY NEGATIVES I CAN LIST IS. If you hate slender/sleek/spinny/non-bulky TF toys then this toy ain't for you. SADLY THEIR IS NEXT TO NONE PEG IN SLOTS ON THIS TOY,WHICH IS THE BIGGEST NEGATIVE THIS TOY HAS IN BOTH NOTHING,BARELY ANYTHING PEGS/SLOTS IN. I hated the DOTM Voyager shockwave toy BUT PRAISED IT FOR BEING OVERLY ABUNDANT IN PEGS/SLOTS CONNECTORS WHERE EVERYTHING PEGS/SLOTS IN.

ALMOST FORGOT A MAJOR NEGATIVE THE TOY HAS. The beast mode lion front legs are just weirdly designed & assemble super weird. I had a problem figuring this out. The lower/forearms robot arms transform into the upper beast mode lion arms. the instructions do a piss poor job showing how to assemble this & where the pegs/slots are. I needed to watch a few youtube videoes to help me figure this out.

oddly enough these arms pegs/slots are the only slots/pegs this toy has. Hasbro saved cash by deleting pegs/slots connectors on this toy. leave it to hasbro to ruin the most beautiful toy sculpt this TFP toy line has by cutting the budget & having short cuts in design.

Super poseable for this toy in robot mode is superb. poseabilty in beast mode is limited due to the front legs being so weirdly designed.
nothing on the lion head moves.

If you don't like TF toys that fall apart in your hands,then stay away from this TFP Voyager thundertron toy. toy is very loose in both modes as all the parts,poseabilty & gimmicks are loose as their is almost next to none slots/pegs connectors on this toy to help anything from holding together tightly.

With all the negatives I Listed about,Why do I like this Thundertron toy so much. Because I'm a sucker/love real life wild cats & their over-all beautiful design. If hasbro did anything right with this TFP Thundertron toy,it was in the department of the Beautiful sculpt in both modes. The toys biggest negatives is the engineering due to short cuts/low spending budget.

GEEZ,THEN HASBRO/TAKARA WONDERS WHY FANS BUY THOSE 3RD PARTY TF TOYS,IT'S BECAUSE THE LISCENSED HASBRO/TAKARA TF TOYS ARE GETTING WORSE/WEAKER/CHEAPER DESIGNED WITH EACH PASSING YEAR. FANS WANT HIGH QUALITY TOP NOTCH TF TOYS NOT THE CURRENT LISCENSED TF TOYS THAT LOOK & FEEL LIKE KO/BOOTLEG TF TOYS.