TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

Post by Tigermegatron »

Yesterday,I found+bought a BH Voyager Shockwave. the toy is amazing,it's leaps & bounds better than TFA Shockwave & DOTM Shockwave.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Recently I went on-line & bought the last Three BH Legion sized Terrorcons.

Last night I formed Abonimus. Thankfully I had a few saved on-line pics of BH Abonimus on my computer to reference. The combined abonimus mode is a bit loose/floppy. their are plenty of pegs,half the pegs/slots are loose & don't stay in securely. SADLY ABONIMUS IS NOT VOYAGER SIZED. I used a Tape measure,Abonimus from head to toe measures in at 5 & 1/2 inches tall.

As far as Abonimus poseabilty goes,Their are no knee bending backward joints. no Abonimus waist joint. seems to have all the other joints a average new mold TF gestalt toy has.

The BH Abonimus combiner pegs/slots are newer sculpted tech that's never been done before---> I felt this is the worse newer slot/pegs combiner tech i've ever seen as the team members don't hold together tightly in gestalt mode,the slots/pegs don't add any articulation. I feel Hasbro didn't need to re-invent the TF combiner slots/pegs tech as the ones used in Energon for the 5-in-1 combiners & PCC were the best gestalt pegs/slot tech.

The legs can't become the arms & vice versa for the BH Abonimus mode. I found it odd that Twinstrike is the tallest & bulkiest of all the BH Terrorcons. The other Four BH Terrorcons are about 15%+ smaller in height+bulk compared to Twinstrike.

The individual guns that come with each legion sized toy can combine to form a beyond huge riffle gun type gun/sword. Various on-line pics only show the combined gun mode in one design. But their are other creative ways to form different long gun/sword configurations. I chose my own unique configuration.

Like I said above the BH Abonimus mode is beyond loose in any display pose you place it in. Due to loose joints/pegs/slots----> I USED THE BEYOND HUGE ABONIMUS RIFFLE GUN/SWORD AS A CANE TO HOLD UP THE GESTALT FROM FALLING FORWARD.

All in all,it does look great & impressive in Abonimus mode. If your a TF combiners toy fan,your definately gonna want to buy this. If you hate or mildly like TF combiners,then your gonna want to skip this BH Abonimus toy as it will Frustrate/disappoint you.

Personally I felt that if any old school 1980's TF combiner merited the individual team members being legion sizes & a Deluxe size class gestalt mode IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 1988 PRETENDER MONSTRUCTOR NOT ABONIMUS.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sounds worse than the pictures look, so for me that's an automatic pass because the photos didn't look good to me in the first place.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Going back to BH Voyager Shockwave for a moment: There's been something that's been bugging me about it for a while now and I couldn't put my finger on it until a couple days ago: Where's his hose? The animation model has this wicked spinal chord looking thing going from his cannon arm to his back, so why is that missing from the toy? It's not a big deal, but it does bug me a little bit.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:Going back to BH Voyager Shockwave for a moment: There's been something that's been bugging me about it for a while now and I couldn't put my finger on it until a couple days ago: Where's his hose? The animation model has this wicked spinal chord looking thing going from his cannon arm to his back, so why is that missing from the toy? It's not a big deal, but it does bug me a little bit.
The hose is covered in the instructions, it's the left backpack tank tread, it unrolls from the housing and plugs into the gun.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Going back to BH Voyager Shockwave for a moment: There's been something that's been bugging me about it for a while now and I couldn't put my finger on it until a couple days ago: Where's his hose? The animation model has this wicked spinal chord looking thing going from his cannon arm to his back, so why is that missing from the toy? It's not a big deal, but it does bug me a little bit.
The hose is covered in the instructions, it's the left backpack tank tread, it unrolls from the housing and plugs into the gun.
Oh there it is! I didn't actually read the instructions which is why I missed it (and it's not shown on the box art, at least that I saw). Thanks! It looks much better now.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Various sites are reporting that the "Predacons Rising" figures are starting to hit USA Target stores. So if you want to buy these toys,let the hunts begin.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I found & bought a BH Grimwing at Walmart a few days ago.

I had plans to color swap some parts between BH Grimwing & BH Dark Steel,Because I wasn't fond of the grass green colors on Grimwing. Sadly most of the Grass green parts on Grimwing are painted on over the dark grey parts.

I prefer BH Dark steel's color scheme more than Grimwing's color scheme. But I think the best color scheme on this mold is the Takara GO- G08 Budora http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail , I like the newer robot & newer beast head this takara mold had.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I bought the Target store Exclusive Ultimate BH Predaking toy a while back. Last night I took him out of the box & transformed the toy into robot mode.

This toy's high point is the highly stylized sculpt it has going on in both modes. The colors in both modes were equally beautiful.

The down side to this toy is the extremely easy transformation complexity. it's literally a stand the beast mode up,stretch out the legs,push back the dragon head & lift up the robot head type of super easy transformation. the transformation is what a legends sized TF toy had.

I liked the clever way the Voyager toy did with the fold up sideways robot lower legs & waist joint transformation in beast mode,with the faux back beast legs. This I felt hepled added some transformation complexity to the toy.

It appears the BH Voyager sized Predaking had a bit mode articulated moving joints,like the waist joint & ball jointed robot head joint the voyager had but the ultimate didn't have.

The weapons are cool in both modes.

The toy needs two AA batteries,in order for the beast horn to light up.

I didn't care for the snap back beast head activated gimmick,Putting a tiny level their to activate this gimmick further ruined this feature/sculpt.

I measured the Robot mode & it stands over 9.5 Inches tall from head to toe. So at the very least buyers get another Leader sized TF toy to add to their TF toys ranks.

All in all,I'd reccomend this toy based off highly stylized adult aimed at sculpt alone.

if your one who also craves a complex TF toy transformation challenge,then this toy is not for you.

Hasbro is clearly now aiming the Leader sized TF toys towards much younger kids-toddlers.

Hopefully the TF4 movie toys in 2014 create some super complex & highly detailed sculpted TF toys that are aimed at older teenagers/adults.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

On Ultimate Predaking, are they really charging $60? That was supposed to be $20! That's a high real estate premium.