TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Shockwave wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:Just got prime wheeljack (along with laserback, optimus and predaking) and right out of the package his left elbow is completely fucking wrecked. It's like they never finished putting the pin in, so it just flops around all over the place. It looks "alright" holding the spear if his right arm (itself a little loose) compensates for it. Still, do you guys have any ways to fix it?
Maybe but your description is a bit vague. If you can take a pic it would really help.
http://i.imgur.com/z6VY53e.jpg
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:Just got prime wheeljack (along with laserback, optimus and predaking) and right out of the package his left elbow is completely fucking wrecked. It's like they never finished putting the pin in, so it just flops around all over the place. It looks "alright" holding the spear if his right arm (itself a little loose) compensates for it. Still, do you guys have any ways to fix it?
Maybe but your description is a bit vague. If you can take a pic it would really help.
Well my work content filter blocked it so I'll have a look when I get home, but I should be able to suggest something. I did completely disassemble and reassessembled a G1 Shockwave. Not easy.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Well my work content filter blocked it so I'll have a look when I get home, but I should be able to suggest something. I did completely disassemble and reassessembled a G1 Shockwave. Not easy.
I also just found out that hasbro's defective toys department closes at 1 pm on fridays (and I wake up late :P), though I did speak to someone else in another department and she said they may just send me a new one. So I'll call them tomorrow, see if they won't send me a new wheeljack without me having to send them the defective one and if so I'll have an extra one for kitbashing.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

They probably won't; Hasbro's usual policy on this is "Send it back to us, and we'll send you whatever we have laying around." You'll probably get a Bumblebee.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:They probably won't; Hasbro's usual policy on this is "Send it back to us, and we'll send you whatever we have laying around." You'll probably get a Bumblebee.
06,I agree....

Trying to scam Hasbro & expect something for nothing is what Is called STEALING. This pratice is generally looked down upon in any fandom.

I don't know why fans like to call the toy manufactors phone number asking for a refund or a replacement part. When most USA Major retail stores who have return policies offer a full refund with a receipt if you are not satisfied with your purchase.

Honestly all that gets accomplished by calling that Hasbro consumer phone number asking for a replacement part or new toy,IS A WHOLE BUNCH OF LAUGHS IN THE HASBRO CONSUMER OFFICE FROM THE WORKERS.-----> Example,just picture Leonard from that "Big bang" TV series getting a toy,then breaking it or opening it to find a missing/defective part. Then in classic Leonard style calling the toy manufactor phone number,wasting over a half+ hour,explaining the broken/damaged/defective part to a clueless/doesn't care phone represenative. while leonard is getting excited & explaining stuff in super meticulous detail,the other co-workers in the toy manufactor office are laughing & making jokes in the back ground based off the phone call their all hearing on the speaker.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Onslaught Six wrote:They probably won't; Hasbro's usual policy on this is "Send it back to us, and we'll send you whatever we have laying around." You'll probably get a Bumblebee.
I was surprised a few hours ago for getting an email that told me "Your order has shipped" and I checked it and they ARE sending me a new wheeljack and I didn't have to send it back- and bear in mind, the defective toys department closed early today. It pays to be friendly to the customer service staff on the other end of the phone because sometimes they surprise you.
Tigermegatron wrote:
06,I agree....

Trying to scam Hasbro & expect something for nothing is what Is called STEALING. This pratice is generally looked down upon in any fandom.

I don't know why fans like to call the toy manufactors phone number asking for a refund or a replacement part. When most USA Major retail stores who have return policies offer a full refund with a receipt if you are not satisfied with your purchase.

Honestly all that gets accomplished by calling that Hasbro consumer phone number asking for a replacement part or new toy,IS A WHOLE BUNCH OF LAUGHS IN THE HASBRO CONSUMER OFFICE FROM THE WORKERS.-----> Example,just picture Leonard from that "Big bang" TV series getting a toy,then breaking it or opening it to find a missing/defective part. Then in classic Leonard style calling the toy manufactor phone number,wasting over a half+ hour,explaining the broken/damaged/defective part to a clueless/doesn't care phone represenative. while leonard is getting excited & explaining stuff in super meticulous detail,the other co-workers in the toy manufactor office are laughing & making jokes in the back ground based off the phone call their all hearing on the speaker.
Dude what the fuck are you even talking about.

I ordered Prime Wheeljack and he came either missassembled or broken in the package (what I suspect is they didn't push the pin all the way through his left elbow joint). I've googled it and a few other people have had this problem so it's not a one off problem, but hopefully not something that's too widespread. But the toy was broken before I got my hands on it. I'm not scamming hasbro- I called them and was perfectly willing to send the toy back, but they were nice and are sending me a replacement toy for free. I paid for a fully functional wheeljack and didn't get one- I'm not stealing, they're sending me what I paid for.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Tigermegatron wrote:
06,I agree....

Wait, did you really just call AU a thief for trying to replace a defective toy? Is that really what just happened? Seriously, he's replacement something that's defective. Which is a hell of a lot less shady than threatening to get someone fired for doing their jobs and not selling you a toy before the release date only to later return it just because you didn't like it.

Also your "Big Bang" analogy is wrong too, that's more like Sheldon, not Leonard. Do you actually watch that show?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
I was surprised a few hours ago for getting an email that told me "Your order has shipped" and I checked it and they ARE sending me a new wheeljack and I didn't have to send it back- and bear in mind, the defective toys department closed early today. It pays to be friendly to the customer service staff on the other end of the phone because sometimes they surprise you.
Tigermegatron wrote:
06,I agree....

I ordered Prime Wheeljack and he came either missassembled or broken in the package (what I suspect is they didn't push the pin all the way through his left elbow joint). I've googled it and a few other people have had this problem so it's not a one off problem, but hopefully not something that's too widespread. But the toy was broken before I got my hands on it. I'm not scamming hasbro- I called them and was perfectly willing to send the toy back, but they were nice and are sending me a replacement toy for free. I paid for a fully functional wheeljack and didn't get one- I'm not stealing, they're sending me what I paid for.
If you ordered from Hasbrotoyshop.com,their was a return label inside the shipping box. If you noticed the toy was defective or broken,all you had to do was use the return label & ship the package back to HTS.com,then wait till HTS credited you with a refund. Most companies that provide a return shipping label,provide free return shipping.

You chose to call the HTS.com customer service phone number as your option. based of you reading a "how to tutorial" that oher fans wrote & you read. in the "How to tutorial",were various steps & procedures that you used to get HTS into giving you a free toy & keep the defective toy.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Tigermegatron wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:
06,I agree....

If you ordered from Hasbrotoyshop.com,their was a return label inside the shipping box. If you noticed the toy was defective or broken,all you had to do was use the return label & ship the package back to HTS.com,then wait till HTS credited you with a refund. Most companies that provide a return shipping label,provide free return shipping.

You chose to call the HTS.com customer service phone number as your option. based of you reading a "how to tutorial" that oher fans wrote & you read. in the "How to tutorial",were various steps & procedures that you used to get HTS into giving you a free toy & keep the defective toy.
HTS doesn't give you a return label in the package. They have the invoice and a 15% off coupon, no return label. As explained on their website, you NEED to call them and get a return merchandise authorization that you print out- that's the return label. It doesn't come with one.

Jesus fucking christ man, what crawled up your ass and died?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:
06,I agree....

HTS doesn't give you a return label in the package. They have the invoice and a 15% off coupon, no return label. As explained on their website, you NEED to call them and get a return merchandise authorization that you print out- that's the return label. It doesn't come with one.

Jesus fucking christ man, what crawled up your ass and died?
When HTS sends you a replacement toy or a refund,They expect you to then promptly send back the toy or toys to HTS. Last year a TF fan from another forum tried to order a SDCC exclusive from the HTS site & they were unable to because HTS froze the buyers account due to him getting a refund for toys he didn't like & then not returning them the toys back to HTS. HTS customer service told the TF fan his buyers account at HTS would be un-frozen when he reimbursed HTS for refunding him for toys he never returned. Since months past,HTS would no longer accept the returned toys,they wanted to be reimbursed for the refund money they sent the TF fan.