TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

The Beast Hunters toy review thread. post your reviews here.

Post by Tigermegatron »

The Beast Hunters toy review thread. post your reviews here.

I noticed the Generations / Universe / Classics section on this site has a toys review main thread. So I figured since the Beast Hunters toys are now in stores for 2013,a main BH toys reviews thread was needed.

I'll start things off here,Thus far I bought Three Beast Hunters 2013 TF toys. They are BH Voyager Optimus Prime,BH Legends Twinstrike & BH Voyager Predaking. here's my short quick high lights BH toy reviews below.

2013 BEAST HUNTERS VOYAGER SIZED PREDAKING.
I enjoyed the somewhat complex Transformation. I thought the use of the robot waist joint rotate sideways & having the lower robot legs form the back & stomach was creative. I like how the Beast back legs weren't the robot legs nor arms. For a Voyager it looked quite big in both modes,nicely colored,high sculpt. I wasn't too fond of the Two Dragons heads orange pop off/on things. I tried to use them as snap on extra dragon heads,then snap on robot weapons. in both cases,I thought they made the bigger toy look more awful with them attached. I think the robot mode looks better with just the tail weapon in it's hand. I also think the dragon mode looks better with just the center dragon head on the toy.From all pics I've seen,It appears the BH Voyager Predaking will have a more complex transformation than the BH Ultimate Predaking toy will have. Toy appears to have all the major joints & a few extras. Toy is a big loose in some areas but nothing major. I really like how this toy is in Halloween colors,we don't get enought halloween colored TF toys. the last one we got a Kaybee store exclusive Cybertron Snowcat.

2013 BEAST HUNTERS LEGENDS SIZED TWINSTRIKE.
All Five BH Legends sized Terrorcons toys appear to be Basic/commander sized big toys crammed into tiny Legends size packaging. I compared BH Legends Twinstrike against other TFP 2012 Legends,BH legends & movie verse legends TF toys & the BH Twinstrike toy is almost 50% bigger in height+width+mass. I also compared the BH Legends Twinstrike toy against some TFP,BH & Movie verse basics/commander sized toys & BH Twinstrike is exactly the same height+width+mass. The BH Twinstrike toy itself is simply a beautiful update to the 1986 Terrorcon toy,oddly enough their roughly the same size,So this BH Twinstrike appears to be a true proper scaled homage new toy. The Twinstrike toy is very highly sculpted in both modes. the colors are top notch. it's got a decent complex transformation for it's size level. Even though the on-line pics have Twinstrike transformed as a arm for abonimus,I currently have BH Twinstrike transformed into a Combiner leg for BH Abonimus. I think these limbs can become the arms or legs. Awesome toy,can't wait to get all Five & form BH Abonimus. I'm guessing BH Abonimus will be at least a 6+ inch Voyager sized Gestalt.

2013 BEAST HUNTERS VOYAGER SIZED OPTIMUS PRIME.
It's a totally different sculpt style than the 2012 TFP Voyager optimus toys were. This BH Voyager Optimus is more bulky & more chunky looking. I love the Sword it's a awesome homage to the Sword optimus wields in the TFP Season 2 cartoon series. I noticed that the truck cab windows that become the robot upper chest windows are a homage to both the TFA Optimus toys & the 1991 Star Convoy chest cab windows design. I do like that this BH Optimus transformers into a entire one piece big truck,instead of just the front cab part like TFP & Mover-verse Optimus toys do. The Transformation back & forth is decent,not too hard & enjoyable/fun. I love it when TF toys are filled with tons of connectors slots/pegs,so the toy holds together tightly in either mode. Colors & high sculpt,I think are amazing. The Jet pack wings were a nice touch sadly they stick up on the back on a angle. Not fond of the Two missle/guns,but their somewhat better than Voyager Predaking duo head orange hand guns weapos. The toy appears to be very sturdy & has tons of articulated joints. Over-all a decent toy.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

Post by JediTricks »

Since we already have a Prime figure review thread, I've merged your thread into that and sticky-ed the thread to the top of the forum.

I've also merged my Smokescreen review into this thread.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:Since we already have a Prime figure review thread, I've merged your thread into that and sticky-ed the thread to the top of the forum.

I've also merged my Smokescreen review into this thread.
Sorry,I looked for a TFP toy review thread,I didn't see any on the front page,So That's why I created the BH toy review thread. I just want a thread to use to do my quick/high lights BH toy reviews. I'll post all my Future BH toy reviews inside this TFP toy review thread.

I might as well add a TF 2012 Deluxe Airachnid toy review in this reply. I bought the toy at TJMaxx last week for about $6. Later that night I opened up the package & Transformed the toy back & forth. I love black colored TF toy since their more rare compared to other colors on TF toys. I also love buying female TF toys due to them being so rare & not many of them getting made. I was impressed with the sculpt of TFP deluxe Airachnid in both modes. I think it's suspose to be a drone helicopter alt mode. The female face & female robot body parts look beautiful. I like the weapons & think they look good attached in both modes I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ROBOT MODE HIPS BEING SO LIMITED IN RANGE OF WALKING/SITTING MOVEMENT. I usually prefer my TF toys these days to have all the key poseabilties & no restricted range of movements in the joints. The toy was kinda small in both modes & it barely made the deluxe size scale. All in all it's a some-what barely decent deluxe sized TF female toy. I'd rate other TF female toys like BM BA,2007 movie Arcee & Cybertron Thunderblast as the more superior TF female deluxe toys.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tigermegatron wrote:I might as well add a TF 2012 Deluxe Airachnid toy review in this reply. I bought the toy at TJMaxx last week for about $6. Later that night I opened up the package & Transformed the toy back & forth. I love black colored TF toy since their more rare compared to other colors on TF toys. I also love buying female TF toys due to them being so rare & not many of them getting made. I was impressed with the sculpt of TFP deluxe Airachnid in both modes. I think it's suspose to be a drone helicopter alt mode. The female face & female robot body parts look beautiful. I like the weapons & think they look good attached in both modes I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ROBOT MODE HIPS BEING SO LIMITED IN RANGE OF WALKING/SITTING MOVEMENT. I usually prefer my TF toys these days to have all the key poseabilties & no restricted range of movements in the joints. The toy was kinda small in both modes & it barely made the deluxe size scale. All in all it's a some-what barely decent deluxe sized TF female toy. I'd rate other TF female toys like BM BA,2007 movie Arcee & Cybertron Thunderblast as the more superior TF female deluxe toys.
It's definitely not supposed to be a drone helicopter because there's a pilot seat and a cockpit.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I've gotta say, one of the main reasons I've been getting back into toy collecting is that the prime figs, especially the 'bots and 'cons (the predacons are pretty lacking) look pretty... good to me. They remind me of the BM vehicons or some of those transtech designs, I love vehicles with aspects of animals in them. I'm surprised at how little people like this particular line.

What're your favorites? I'm thinking of trying to track down deluxe Dreadwing but apparently people hate him.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: The Beast Hunters toy review thread. post your reviews h

Post by Shockwave »

Tigermegatron wrote:2013 BEAST HUNTERS VOYAGER SIZED OPTIMUS PRIME.
It's a totally different sculpt style than the 2012 TFP Voyager optimus toys were. This BH Voyager Optimus is more bulky & more chunky looking. I love the Sword it's a awesome homage to the Sword optimus wields in the TFP Season 2 cartoon series. I noticed that the truck cab windows that become the robot upper chest windows are a homage to both the TFA Optimus toys & the 1991 Star Convoy chest cab windows design. I do like that this BH Optimus transformers into a entire one piece big truck,instead of just the front cab part like TFP & Mover-verse Optimus toys do. The Transformation back & forth is decent,not too hard & enjoyable/fun. I love it when TF toys are filled with tons of connectors slots/pegs,so the toy holds together tightly in either mode. Colors & high sculpt,I think are amazing. The Jet pack wings were a nice touch sadly they stick up on the back on a angle. Not fond of the Two missle/guns,but their somewhat better than Voyager Predaking duo head orange hand guns weapos. The toy appears to be very sturdy & has tons of articulated joints. Over-all a decent toy.
I got this for my birthday but forgot to review it. Deathy pretty much summed it up, the only thing I can think to add is the versatility of the weapons. They have a LOT of display options, you can have both guns on one hand, one in each, or neither with the guns stowed on the wings. I also like that the sword can be stored on the back in bot mode and as such also has somewhere to go in vehicle mode as well. And as TM said, the wings "backpack" doesn't necessarily create a "trailer" per se, but it does give Optimus' vehicle mode a much more finished look. So, good paint app, well designed, fun to fiddle with, it's pretty much all around win.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:I've gotta say, one of the main reasons I've been getting back into toy collecting is that the prime figs, especially the 'bots and 'cons (the predacons are pretty lacking) look pretty... good to me. They remind me of the BM vehicons or some of those transtech designs, I love vehicles with aspects of animals in them. I'm surprised at how little people like this particular line.

What're your favorites? I'm thinking of trying to track down deluxe Dreadwing but apparently people hate him.
Smokescreen, Wheeljack (regular line), Vehicon (regular line, not first edition), and I like Ratchet but as much for show accuracy as anything. I must admit, I haven't been drawn to the Beast Hunters subline at all, the idea is not abhorrent but the execution doesn't work for me overall yet.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:I've gotta say, one of the main reasons I've been getting back into toy collecting is that the prime figs, especially the 'bots and 'cons (the predacons are pretty lacking) look pretty... good to me. They remind me of the BM vehicons or some of those transtech designs, I love vehicles with aspects of animals in them. I'm surprised at how little people like this particular line.

Smokescreen, Wheeljack (regular line), Vehicon (regular line, not first edition), and I like Ratchet but as much for show accuracy as anything. I must admit, I haven't been drawn to the Beast Hunters subline at all, the idea is not abhorrent but the execution doesn't work for me overall yet.
I must admit I really like the TFP/BH toys. I think the TFP/BH toys are far superior than the 2009 TF Animated toys & the DOTM toys.

Do I think the TFP/BH toys are the most superior TF toy line we've seen in a long time/ages/decade? HELL NO,AEC & Masterpieces are the most perfect & superior TF toy lines in my book.

Judging the TF toy lines as a whole,I think the 2007 movie-verse TF toys were more superior/better than the TFP First edition/TFP Rid/BH toys.

Judging the TF toy lines as a whole,I think the 2009,Nest & HFTD movie-verse TF toys were more superior/better than the TFP FE/TFP Rid/BH toys.

Judging the TF toy lines as a whole,I think the Classics 1.0,2.0 & Generations TF toys were more superior/better than the TFP First edition/TFP Rid /BH toys.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Just got BH wheeljack (along with laserback, optimus and predaking) and right out of the package his left elbow is completely fucking wrecked. It's like they never finished putting the pin in, so it just flops around all over the place. It looks "alright" holding the spear if his right arm (itself a little loose) compensates for it. Still, do you guys have any ways to fix it?
Last edited by Almighty Unicron on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Almighty Unicron wrote:Just got prime wheeljack (along with laserback, optimus and predaking) and right out of the package his left elbow is completely fucking wrecked. It's like they never finished putting the pin in, so it just flops around all over the place. It looks "alright" holding the spear if his right arm (itself a little loose) compensates for it. Still, do you guys have any ways to fix it?
Maybe but your description is a bit vague. If you can take a pic it would really help.