TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Tigermegatron wrote: When HTS sends you a replacement toy or a refund,They expect you to then promptly send back the toy or toys to HTS. Last year a TF fan from another forum tried to order a SDCC exclusive from the HTS site & they were unable to because HTS froze the buyers account due to him getting a refund for toys he didn't like & then not returning them the toys back to HTS. HTS customer service told the TF fan his buyers account at HTS would be un-frozen when he reimbursed HTS for refunding him for toys he never returned. Since months past,HTS would no longer accept the returned toys,they wanted to be reimbursed for the refund money they sent the TF fan.
There's a difference between a limited edition SDCC toy that has small supply, and a generally produced deluxe figure (MSRP $15) that you can grab on store shelves. The cost of shipping it back (since they pay for it) and processing it probably means they don't even make their money back. As I said, the woman on the phone told me in situations like this they're more likely to just send me a whole new toy... and the fedex shipping number I got implies that she was right.

EDIT: I should also emphasize the fact that I never signed anything or agreed to any terms that would legally bind me to returning the defective toy. I called their general customer service line, told them I had a defective toy, was told that they have a special department for that and they leave early on fridays, made smalltalk with the woman on the other end of the line, who mentioned that in situations like this they just send you a whole new toy without needing the original- this was around 3:30. I said "alright, I'll call again later" and that was the end of it. At 7:30 I got an email telling me they were shipping me a new wheeljack, which I wasn't expecting.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote: When HTS sends you a replacement toy or a refund,They expect you to then promptly send back the toy or toys to HTS. Last year a TF fan from another forum tried to order a SDCC exclusive from the HTS site & they were unable to because HTS froze the buyers account due to him getting a refund for toys he didn't like & then not returning them the toys back to HTS. HTS customer service told the TF fan his buyers account at HTS would be un-frozen when he reimbursed HTS for refunding him for toys he never returned. Since months past,HTS would no longer accept the returned toys,they wanted to be reimbursed for the refund money they sent the TF fan.
There's a difference between a limited edition SDCC toy that has small supply, and a generally produced deluxe figure (MSRP $15) that you can grab on store shelves. The cost of shipping it back (since they pay for it) and processing it probably means they don't even make their money back. As I said, the woman on the phone told me in situations like this they're more likely to just send me a whole new toy... and the fedex shipping number I got implies that she was right.

Point of this whole reply,is HTS might freeze your account preventing you from making future purchases on the HTS site (regardless if it's mass released or SDCC exclusives) until you ship out & return the defective/don't like toy or toys back to HTS. If a certain time frame passes beyond HTS returns time limit (usually a few weeks or 90 days),then HTS will want to be reimbursed for the refund or duplicate toys they sent you,if you don't refund them the money they'll freeze your HTS account preventing you from making purchases on their HTS site until you refund them for the reimbursent or duplicate toys they sent you. once HTS freezes your buying account,this will prevent you from ordering regular mass released or exclusives/SDCC from their site until you reimburse them for the refund or duplicate toy they sent you. ALL I'M TRYING TO DO IS PASS ALONG A STORY A FELLOW TF FAN HAD WITH THE HTS SITE.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I don't even think AU went through HTS, which is separate from the rest of Hasbro, making your entire point moot.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Tigermegatron wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:

Point of this whole reply,is HTS might freeze your account preventing you from making future purchases on the HTS site (regardless if it's mass released or SDCC exclusives) until you ship out & return the defective/don't like toy or toys back to HTS. If a certain time frame passes beyond HTS returns time limit (usually a few weeks or 90 days),then HTS will want to be reimbursed for the refund or duplicate toys they sent you,if you don't refund them the money they'll freeze your HTS account preventing you from making purchases on their HTS site until you refund them for the reimbursent or duplicate toys they sent you. once HTS freezes your buying account,this will prevent you from ordering regular mass released or exclusives/SDCC from their site until you reimburse them for the refund or duplicate toy they sent you. ALL I'M TRYING TO DO IS PASS ALONG A STORY A FELLOW TF FAN HAD WITH THE HTS SITE.
That guy had a history of returning toys and making fraudulent purchases. I've ordered plenty of toys from HTS and this is the first time I've had a problem. You're really comparing apples to oranges here, and considering the lady on the other end of the line told me that I actually should donate the defective toy to a charity I don't think they want it back.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Almighty Unicron wrote: That guy had a history of returning toys and making fraudulent purchases.
Their is no way you'd know this info,Since I never posted the On-line TF fans user name nor did I post what TF moderated forum he was from.

The guy,wasn't a scam artist,he only made that one order with HTS. He mis-understood the HTS customer phone represenatives return instructions.
Almighty Unicron wrote: I've ordered plenty of toys from HTS and this is the first time I've had a problem. You're really comparing apples to oranges here, and considering the lady on the other end of the line told me that I actually should donate the defective toy to a charity I don't think they want it back.
No one from HTS would every tell a person to donate BROKEN/DEFECTIVE toys to a charity or organization. Because they could be held liable if the kid who got the broken/defective toys get harmed by the toys due to them being un-safe to play with.

Those customer service represenatives phone calls are monitored by the company. If any customer represenative told a person to donate broken/defective toys they'd get fired right on the spot. Because it's against company rules to tell a customer to do this. it's also a health violation,as the broken/defective toy & it's loose/damaged parts could be swallowed by a kids or rub against a kids skin & cut him,scar him,make him bleed.

I've had you in my ignore list due to you calling me Three un-provoked malicious insult names a short while back. I figured i'd give you another test try,But you seem to create replies with blatant flame baits & lies in them,so i'm going to be ignoring you from here on.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Tigermegatron wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote: That guy had a history of returning toys and making fraudulent purchases.
Their is no way you'd know this info,Since I never posted the On-line TF fans user name nor did I post what TF moderated forum he was from.

The guy,wasn't a scam artist,he only made that one order with HTS. He mis-understood the HTS customer phone represenatives return instructions.
Almighty Unicron wrote: I've ordered plenty of toys from HTS and this is the first time I've had a problem. You're really comparing apples to oranges here, and considering the lady on the other end of the line told me that I actually should donate the defective toy to a charity I don't think they want it back.
No one from HTS would every tell a person to donate BROKEN/DEFECTIVE toys to a charity or organization. Because they could be held liable if the kid who got the broken/defective toys get harmed by the toys due to them being un-safe to play with.

Those customer service represenatives phone calls are monitored by the company. If any customer represenative told a person to donate broken/defective toys they'd get fired right on the spot. Because it's against company rules to tell a customer to do this. it's also a health violation,as the broken/defective toy & it's loose/damaged parts could be swallowed by a kids or rub against a kids skin & cut him,scar him,make him bleed.

I've had you in my ignore list due to you calling me Three un-provoked malicious insult names a short while back. I figured i'd give you another test try,But you seem to create replies with blatant flame baits & lies in them,so i'm going to be ignoring you from here on.
If you don't want to believe me, then fine. I really don't care for your persecution complex anyway. Just do yourself a favor and go make an appointment to a proctologist to deal with your massive butthurt.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Almighty Unicron wrote: make an appointment to a proctologist to deal with your massive butthurt.
*reads this, then looks at sig*

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote: make an appointment to a proctologist to deal with your massive butthurt.
*reads this, then looks at sig*

:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujqM2u-BVo
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Lol, yeah that episode was on the other day and I was thinking "AH, that's where AU got his sig!"
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Hasbro once sent me a free NERF N-Strike Raider complete with 35-dart drum because I called them when the first one I bought was defective and wouldn't rapid-fire, I didn't have to send anything back and now I have 2 35-dart drum magazines and a backup single-shot-working Raider in case I ever need an extra. Hasbro once had me send back a defective Cybertron figure late in that line's run and sent me a different figure in its place of equal value. If they want it back, they will request it in advance of sending back the product, once they send something to you in replacement unless they've made advance arrangements with you then you aren't under obligation to send anything else back.

As for Wheeljack's arm, it looks like the joint can be tapped in if you're good with tools by bracing the arm halves, holding a hard pin or screwdriver or anything that will direct motion directly to the part, and tapping it with a hammer lightly - ramping up the impact until you either get the pin to move or you start to feel the parts may fail. Because the forearm is a pretty thin-walled piece, it may be risky to do much tapping in this area, and because it's using a friction collar around the pin it may get warped or damaged, so a light touch is needed. I can't help more than that unfortunately as it looks like the joint design is a little different from the original Wheeljack figure's arm, the pin boss hole is recessed on BH Wheeljack where it's flush flat on the upper arm with regular Wheeljack. I've had a lot of these kinds of joints shot at slightly the wrong angle or not tapped in all the way over the years, but quality control had been a lot better lately so I haven't experienced it with this exact kind of joint.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?