TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: TF:Prime Figure Review Thread

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:On Ultimate Predaking, are they really charging $60? That was supposed to be $20! That's a high real estate premium.
It's a Leader sized 9.5 sized toy in robot mode. I'd say a fair price for this toy SHOULD have been around USA $50 due to the recent price hikes. Because during DOTM Leader sized toys sold for around USA $44.97 at most USA major big retail stores. To be fair this was the regular price,clearance & sales prices shouldn't count.

I suspose Target stores in America charging $59.99 isn't that bad of a price hike for a leader sized toy. Because most of the time USA retail stores hike up the prices a bit for store exclusives. If BH Ultimate Predaking was released at all major retail stores in America,at the leader size,it would have easily sold for $50. so $10 more & paying $60 is what most store exclusives often sell for.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:On Ultimate Predaking, are they really charging $60? That was supposed to be $20! That's a high real estate premium.
Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Commander-Class upscale Predaking? That's the one that's going to be twenty bucks. This is the bigass, different-mold, lights-n-sounds 'Ultimate' one that goes up against the similarly huge-and-expensive Optimus that came out a couple months ago. The one they showed off at...Toyfair, I think, and was one of the first Predacon/Beast Hunters toys we saw in the first place.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:
Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Commander-Class upscale Predaking? That's the one that's going to be twenty bucks. This is the bigass, different-mold, lights-n-sounds 'Ultimate' one that goes up against the similarly huge-and-expensive Optimus that came out a couple months ago. The one they showed off at...Toyfair, I think, and was one of the first Predacon/Beast Hunters toys we saw in the first place.
BWProwl,this is what the BH Cyberverse commnder/basic sized Predaking toy looks like in both modes. It is a completely different mold than the upcoming 2014 BH Voyager sized Predaking new mold.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

These are the late 2013/maybe early 2014 BH Up-sized cyberverse commanders made into bigger scale toys your referring to. As you can see the Voyager Predaking listed in these pics is a brand new mold,not a upsized mold. FWIW,The newer 2014 Voyager Predaking has more poseabilty & higher sculpt compared to the other toys listed in this page. I suspect the 2014 voyager predaking was cobbled with these toys because it was near the end of the line & has no where else to be cobbled with.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ges/27733/

After looking at some early 2013 toy pics of the FIRST BH Voyager Predaking toy. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail It appears this 2014 BH Predaking MIGHT be a massive remold using the 2013 predaking voyager mold. As far as I can tell the remolded parts are the robot head,the wings,the beast head+neck,possibly the beast toes/feet,tail/sword & other remolded parts. Similar in fashion to how the BH Voyager Sharkticon Megatron is a massive remold using the TFP 2012 voyager Megatron toy.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:These are the late 2013/maybe early 2014 BH Up-sized cyberverse commanders made into bigger scale toys your referring to. As you can see the Voyager Predaking listed in these pics is a brand new mold,not a upsized mold. FWIW,The newer 2014 Voyager Predaking has more poseabilty & higher sculpt compared to the other toys listed in this page. I suspect the 2014 voyager predaking was cobbled with these toys because it was near the end of the line & has no where else to be cobbled with.
Well, putting aside the fact that the new 'Voyager' Predaking really looks a lot like the Commander version, and completely shares a transformation with him, and is packed with an Optimus Prime who is *definitely* also an upscale of a Commander-class mold, and is coming out at the same time as all the OTHER Legends upscales, and Hasbro *actually said* this 'new' toy was a Commander-Class upscale, yeah, you might be right about that.

Except for the part where you aren't.

Heavily remolded to restructure joints (the same way they did on the other upscales) and change the tail-blaster into a tail-sword, sure. But it's still pretty clearly an upscaling of the Commander mold design.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:These are the late 2013/maybe early 2014 BH Up-sized cyberverse commanders made into bigger scale toys your referring to. As you can see the Voyager Predaking listed in these pics is a brand new mold,not a upsized mold. FWIW,The newer 2014 Voyager Predaking has more poseabilty & higher sculpt compared to the other toys listed in this page. I suspect the 2014 voyager predaking was cobbled with these toys because it was near the end of the line & has no where else to be cobbled with.
Well, putting aside the fact that the new 'Voyager' Predaking really looks a lot like the Commander version, and completely shares a transformation with him, and is packed with an Optimus Prime who is *definitely* also an upscale of a Commander-class mold, and is coming out at the same time as all the OTHER Legends upscales, and Hasbro *actually said* this 'new' toy was a Commander-Class upscale, yeah, you might be right about that.

Except for the part where you aren't.

Heavily remolded to restructure joints (the same way they did on the other upscales) and change the tail-blaster into a tail-sword, sure. But it's still pretty clearly an upscaling of the Commander mold design.
BWProwl,please click on those 4 links that I provided in my above reply. after your done examining the different Predaking toys in those links. You will see the 2014 voyager Predaking is NOT a upscaled cyberverse commander sized toy--->it's a heavily resculpted 2013 BH Voyager Predaking toy.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

BWprowl wrote:
Yeah, you're right, I am thinking of that other one.

It's not an upscale though, it's an all-new design, they said as much at SDCC and Botcon (although I would not be surprised if it turned out to be an upscale of a canceled new Deluxe-class).
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote: It's not an upscale though, it's an all-new design, they said as much at SDCC and Botcon (although I would not be surprised if it turned out to be an upscale of a canceled new Deluxe-class).
Well at least someone else in this thread agrees that 2014 Voyager Predaking is NOT a upscaled commander sized toy. Anyone can clearly see this by looking at the on-line pics of both toys in question. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ges/27733/

I still think the 2014 Voyager Predaking toy is a massive resculpt+retool that's using the 2013 Voyager Predaking mold. Because the online pics for the 2013 & 2014 voyager predaking toys seem so similar in sculpt,engineering & Transformations. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ges/27733/
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

TFP Deluxe Airachnid "quick highlights review": I love the high sculpt & details in both modes. We don't get enough black colored TF toys & this one the colors were applied properly to match the 2 modes. I though it was kinda cool that the toy had this ALMOST Third fan made spider mode. The weapons & accessories work well in this toy,plenty of ports to put weapons everywhere.

NEGATIVES: This toy has similar restricted joints like the first year Alternators toys have. Airachnid's legs can't be posed with any splitting streched out poses nor any crouching,yoga,nor any sitting in a chair poses. no extra joints on the top part of the robot mode. joints are nothing spectacular on the top part of the robot mode. Has those annoying energon toy arcee hands that fold out to the sides of the forearms.

LAST NEGATIVE: This is one of those TF toys that can't be displayed on a display shelf/whatever. The Robot mode is extremely unstable in any pose on shelves. mostly due to the ultra tiny feet,thin light legs & heavier upper body weight/bulk. I REALLY HATE WHEN I HAVE NO OPTION BUT TO BACK THE TOY AGAINST A DISPLAY SHELF WALL & TILT IT BACK IN ORDER TO GET IT TO BE DISPLAYED ON A SHELF.

Recomendations: I can't recommend this toy,as it has more negatives then Postives. I guess it all boils down to whether you prefer high sculpt over limited range of movement in the joints.

While we don't get that many female character TF toys released,I think Airachnid Deluxe toy is vastly inferior to what's come before. All the Blackarachnia toys,Cybertron deluxe Thunderblast,TFA Arcee,2007 Arcee toys were superior toys.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Abominus/Terrorcons boxed set:

I probably should not have bought this. But, it was marked down and I was curious.

After tax, it was just shy of $8, which is about right for this set. (I could rationally comprehend somebody paying as much as $12 if they have a fondness for the characters or some other idiosyncratic reason. But, as toys, none of the figures are worth paying more than $3 each for.)

Blight and Windrazor are the best figures in the set, and both have obvious problems (mostly robot parts being clearly visible in beast mode). I would say $3 would be about right for the single figures.

Twinstrike is much helped by being cast in partially translucent plastic, as it hides some of the obvious problems that the mould has (most obviously the hollowness of the robot's arms). I would see paying maybe $1.50 for the single packed figure, $2 for the clear (as sold with the box set).

Hun-Grrr is a mixed bag. The dragon neck's have the same hollow-ness seen on Twinstrike. But, the robot mode looks a bit better. The torso mode has obvious part numbers stamped across the chest. This would probably bother me more if the merge form were more display worth otherwise. But, as it stands now, I have no plans to ever put them back in to merged form. Worth maybe a buck or two for the single figure.

Rippersnapper: Utter crap. My copy does not have the quality control issues that I have heard about (pieces popping out/off easily). but, this figure is an absolute waste of plastic. Junk. Not worth the space it takes up in the packaging.

Grade: C (That takes in to account the fact that I bought this set on deep clearance.)
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

They're tiny figures, aren't they? I looked over the set at Target a few weeks ago, and they all looked like Legends class, or whatever that size is called now. That's not a very impressive combiner.