TF Hall of Fame 2011 - Vote Now!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: TF Hall of Fame 2011 - Vote Now!

Post by BWprowl »

The same damn guy a bunch of times wrote:
  1. Erector
Haha, oh wow. Dude if you're going to sockpuppet to try and get your favorite character in the running for the Hall of Fame, try to at least be more subtle about what you're doing. And don't be so stupid as to do it on a small board like this. There's like eight of us here; of course we're going to notice when six new posters we've never heard of all start pulling for the same obscure character. If JT counts any of your votes, I'll be shocked. That's assuming he doesn't just ban your ass(es) for stupid spam.
locustreign
Protoform

Post by locustreign »

Actually not the same person :D But hey, worth a shot at getting the little guy up there. No harm meant :D

At least you're more civil here than the Allspark, though that doesn't take much :lol:
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

locustreign wrote:Actually not the same person :D But hey, worth a shot at getting the little guy up there. No harm meant :D

At least you're more civil here than the Allspark, though that doesn't take much :lol:
Then at this point I would have to ask what you guys hope to accomplish with this other than to give Hasbro the impression that the fandom is comprised entirely of immature 10 year olds? I mean really? Erector? Seriously? C'mon now. :roll: And as for "no harm meant", I don't buy it. You are deliberately trying to skew a legitimate election to make a bad joke. Grow up. Seriously. And I'm sorry to get so annoyed by this but I'm starting to get really irritated by the fandom constantly pulling stunts like this. First, last year we had David "I'm oh so funny and important" Willis skew everything to get Dinobot pushed through so he could make his oh so clever "It'S not TeH GeEWuN!" joke and now this. Stop. Just... stop. I'm really starting to wonder if we'll ever have a legitimate HOF election. I seriously doubt it and if Erector even actually makes it to one of the choices I'm out.

Shockwave
-Really thinks that Hasbro allowing fans to vote was a bad idea since we've now proven that the fandom at large can't handle it.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

If any of you ever make a useful post I'll be damn surprised.

I vote we excise those votes for idiocy.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I first checked the IP addresses and email addresses, the IPs are from all over the world, and these do seem to be existing members of other TF forums, for example, Locust there is from TFW2k5, bustajesse is "Batman" from Cybertron.ca, they're existing members with thousands of posts going back years out there.So either someone is excellent at creating false identities with deep covers, or they really are just 7 people who got together to try to screw up our voting. Either way, I'm not going to count the votes as there's too much an obvious sway attempt going on. What bugs me most about this is the blatant laziness of the whole thing, no attempt to mingle ahead of time with the crowd, no attempt to come up with a more realistic entity to sway the vote with, no subtlety whatsoever. Anyway, I'm not counting those as votes. But hey, maybe if you guys contribute here, in a year from now you could try it again and I might fall for it.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

JT,

I am going to post a formal motion to ban our newest members.

Dom
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Or at least suspend.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I stand by the motion as I posted it, but have nothing against amending the exact post count to let out legitimate members vote, (assuming JT does not simply restrict new memberships for a bit).
locustreign wrote:Actually not the same person :D But hey, worth a shot at getting the little guy up there. No harm meant :D

If not for the fact there is a pro-Erector wave among the fans, I might believe this. But, it is more realistic to assume that the annual Hall of Fame question from Hasbro is going to turn into fans behaving in a stupid and self-indulgent way. Last year, it was Willis and the furries. This year, it is fans of characters with unintentionally sophmoric names.

O6 might be suprised if you ever make a worthwhile post here. I would be happy if you never posted again.

Dom
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Well I can see JT's point about the different users, most of the usernames are ones I recognize from TFW as different users that frequently post there. So I never actually thought it was the same person, but it is definately an obvious attempt to skew the results and I'm glad JT isn't counting them.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I know I am not a moderator any more, but we might want to keep this thread as clean as possible and talk about this in the discussion thread or the "motion to ban" thread.

(Yeah, I know, I am guilty of posting other stuff here as well.)

In other news, I modified my first post. I still cannot bring myself to vote for a beast-former. But, I dropped Sunstreaker in favor of Lockdown, to keep my picks from being all G1.

Dom
-just sayin'.