February Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: February Hauls

Post by Dominic »

I have heard really good things about MS08.

That said, I congradulated Shockwave on his recent haul (with an obscene photo).

And........

I got another part time job!. it does not get me back to the guilt-inducingly obscene amounts of money I was making about 2 years ago, (in neither absolute terms nor relative to the amount of work I do), but it is getting closer.

Dom
-can start paying down those student loans again, but will still be skipping toys.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote:That said, I congradulated Shockwave on his recent haul (with an obscene photo).
That's actually not that obscene given the one I got in December.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

My laziest custom ever!

IDW Cyclonus. (The sigil was coming off my RTS Cyclonus, so I just peeled it all the way off.)

Dom
-what will I not do next?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

As stated earlier via text: By that standard, my G1 Shockwave is my laziest custom with it's full color reprolabel on it. Same with G1 Prime.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Nah, my Animated Wheelie's the laziest custom ever. I took Universe Legends Wheelie, and put him on my Animated shelf. Now he's Animated Wheelie! Aw, yeah, customed as hell!

I forgot a haul from the other day: With Target having that 10-dolla PCC sale, I figured I may as well get Mudslinger again. I'd gotten one of 'em before, but returned his broken ass to Target and switched him out for Bombshock. So yeah, new Mudslinger. I like the core 'bot OK, he's not that great, but I give him props for turning into what looks like one of those old Stomper truck toys. The drones, though, are outtasight. They especially look good hooked up with Huffer or Leadfoot.

And man, this purchase has got me wistful about the passing of this line. Because when I got this set, I spent a fun few minutes with different torsos and drones, seeing what combos looked good and all. Good times, good times.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Couple days ago I got:

-Ghostbusters 1&2 on DVD. Because, fuck it, Ghostbustes is awesome, and it was $10 for both! In a nifty green little package with a little notebook with some sketches of early logo designs (and not much else of interest, but hey).

And then my Amazon package came in:
-That same awesome Back To The Future box set Prowl was talking about. It was so awesome and so cheap ($30 on Amazon) that I had to get one for myself. It's even got BTTF: The Ride on it, which I liked so much I went on it thrice at Universal back in the day. I think this is the first time such a cool thing has ended up on DVD, hasn't it? All we need now is Star Tours.
-Last Stand of the Wreckers! That book that everyone told me was awesome, and I agreed, it was probably awesome, but I never got around to getting it. I *cannot* wait to dig into this, it's everything I love about TF.

Minor note: Dom, I asked you on Facebook but you didn't get back to me--is there anything different about IDW's second printing? I dunno if mine is somehow that (but I doubt it since I bought it before it was out...) so who knows?

Also: The reason I've been buying so many DVDs lately is because there is fucking *nothing* around here. It's a dry county. I've been to every Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, everything between here and Indiana (the city) and I can't find *jack.*
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Finally a new transformer!! Skullgrin!! :D

I passed on Darkmount because I knew I wanted this guy and my patience paid off. I really enjoy the deco on Skullgrin, as well as his general proportions and articulation. The vehicle and robot modes both suggest a transformer much bigger than the actual size of the toy. I would say his backpack kibble is the only drawback, but it works so much as it adds to his height and gives you a place to stick his extra weapons, but from the back it's empty kibble and doesn't stay together too well. For those who want to know, I definitely keep him posed next to TF2 Bludgeon and keep his pickaxe head inverted to look sort of like a gimpy trident. He is the most heavy metal transformer I own.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Finally! I found Tracks today. Was starting to worry I might not find one with the new waves starting to hit stores.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sparky Prime wrote:Finally! I found Tracks today. Was starting to worry I might not find one with the new waves starting to hit stores.
At least the new waves are hitting your stores. :?

Anyway, I forgot to mention that Figuarts Cure White arrived the other day. I basically bought her as an accessory for Black. With her longer skirt and less mobile shoulderpads, her range of motion isn't as good as Nagisa's, but on the other hand her shoulderpads don't pop off as easily. Her faces are a bit easier to swap out too, but it's still such a bear and a half that I think I'm just going to mod both toys. They compliment each other terrifically though, and I'm happy to have completed the set.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

So, I hit up the used game stores the other day and picked up "The Thing" (again) and "Devil May Cry". So far, "DMC"'s pretty okay. I just gotta learn how to play this thing right, but I like where it's head is at overall. Haven't tried out "The Thing" yet, but if it's anything like the movie (and if this one works), then it oughtta be a good time.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.