TF: Prime Q&A - What should we ask?

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: TF: Prime Q&A - What should we ask?

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:Why's it suck?
I think that's basically what we're asking but Gomess phrased it in a way that Hasbro might actually answer.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I like Gomess' question.

Dom
-also approves the language.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

BWprowl wrote:Wow, we have to come up with a question to ask the TF: Prime people in only two days, and we have to come up with one that won't let slip that we all pretty much totally hate TF: Prime? That IS a challenge!
I hear ya. I don't mind being honest with them about the fans' opinions of the show though if that's the question we want to ask.
I kinda want to know if more characters will make their way onto the show eventually, and how many voice actors they've got slotted to play them. The cast feels *really* sparse right now, especially since Bumblebee and Soundwave don't talk and hardly count as characters!
This is reasonable.

Gomess wrote:
BWprowl wrote:Wow, we have to come up with a question to ask the TF: Prime people in only two days, and we have to come up with one that won't let slip that we all pretty much totally hate TF: Prime? That IS a challenge!
"What is the goal of Transformers Prime?"

I think that'd do the job.

I'd honestly be interested to know what the intern who has to answer these questions makes of that. And no "Its goal is to build up the next great sub-franchise of the Transformers franchise for the fans! Franchise! Fans! Also filling space on The Hub!" I want to know WHY it was initially created, what effect they hope it's having on the fans, and how long they plan to sustain it as a series.
It's a bit vague as initially presented, I could see asking it but I think it'd need to be honed a little first.

Also, I'd like to try to bulletproof a question like that against the fact that they're obviously trying to capitalize on the momentum of the ongoing movie series, which Animated clearly wasn't trying to do.
Also why it's called "Prime". Yeah, change my question. Why's it called that?
That's something I'd save for Botcon Q&A when we can just toss out question after question.

Shockwave wrote:WHY NO NOSES!!!???
Not a bad question, but again, I think it'd be be better for Botcon. I'm not saying no if everybody else wants to support it, but it's not my first choice for this one.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it to seem alien while also veering away from the big-chin-superhero look of Animated.

So, I'll be sending in the question in the next 10 hours to ensure we don't miss out, and it looks like Gomess' question has the support here. Bottom line then is we need to hone it into a real question and make a point, so any help there would be hot. How does this sound so far:
What is the goal of Transformers: Prime? Beyond capitalizing upon the movie series' audience momentum, why was TF:Prime created? On its own merits, what is it trying to say, what effect is it trying to have on TF fans, and how long will it be sustained as a series?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

I've been talking about sustainability and audience effects on a job aaaaalllll day and I'm literally in bed, so here's my last two pence. I basically want to hit three points:

Why was Prime created

What is Prime meant to be for *us*

Do they intend to keep it going

Which I believe can be summed up as, "Focusing on intended audience effects, why was Prime created, and is there an intention to sustain it as a series?"
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Gomess wrote:I've been talking about sustainability and audience effects on a job aaaaalllll day and I'm literally in bed, so here's my last two pence. I basically want to hit three points:

Why was Prime created

Which I believe can be summed up as, "Focusing on intended audience effects, why was Prime created, and is there an intention to sustain it as a series?"
Second. My nose sucks, scrap it.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Gomess wrote:I've been talking about sustainability and audience effects on a job aaaaalllll day and I'm literally in bed, so here's my last two pence. I basically want to hit three points:

Why was Prime created

I was initially a little confused by the way it's broken up and then condensed down, but upon reflection, I think we can get that across.

Here's what we're sending in:
What is the goal of Transformers: Prime - beyond just capitalizing upon the movie series' audience momentum, why was TF:Prime created? On its own merits, what is it trying to say, what effect is it trying to have on TF fans, is there an intention to sustain it as a series?
Look for the answer on February 7th.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:
Also why it's called "Prime". Yeah, change my question. Why's it called that?
That's something I'd save for Botcon Q&A when we can just toss out question after question.
We already got an answer 'last' Botcon, though.

It was a working title, and they couldn't come up with anything better, so they kept it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Onslaught Six wrote:It was a working title, and they couldn't come up with anything better, so they kept it.
HASBROOOOOO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Well, what would you call it?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Based on the five part pilot I would have called it "Transformers: 28 Cycles Later".