Most anticipated or hoped for in 2011

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Most anticipated or hoped for in 2011

Post by Dominic »

Okay, 2010 was a fantastic year for the hobby. We can agree on that much.

But, we all know it is unhealthy for a fandom to spend too much time looking back, (*cough* Joe-fans *cough*). So, what are we anticipating or hoping for 2011?

My picks:

-Dan Abnett writing a "Transformers" comic. Word has it that he is writing a Galvatron miniseries. Dan Abnett, on "Transformers"? Oh yeah....

-Movie III toys crowding out other lines. This will save me so much money.

-Hopefully, some bootleggers will make custom parts to convert the Predacons into the Anibots (from that unused movie script).

Dom
-oh, please...hurry with the movie III toys.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Most anticipated or hoped for in 2011

Post by 138 Scourge »

Things I'm looking forward to...

-Well, that Generations Case showing up. New Kup? Bring it! New Wheeljack? Oh, hell yeah! Yet another Seeker? Okay with that. And most importantly, new Scourge. Can not friggin' wait. Kind of excited about that Wreck-Gar and Perceptor showing up, too.

-It's kind of embarrassing, but I'm sort of looking forward to Movie III. I know how bad Movie II was and all, and yet, I want to see the third one, even if I don't have high hopes for it being worth a good goddamn.

-And yeah, it'll be nice saving money by not buying many of the Movie III toys at all, too.

More to come as I think of it, but those are off the top of my head.
Last edited by 138 Scourge on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:-Dan Abnett writing a "Transformers" comic. Word has it that he is writing a Galvatron miniseries. Dan Abnett, on "Transformers"? Oh yeah....
Wait, I thought he was writing that Infestation thing you were all excited to hate. Is there something else? Man, if it's a Galvatron mini I am *all over* that. Even if I friggin' hate IDW Galvy.

What Predacons are you talking about? The G1 ones?

I'm at least INTERESTED in Movie III. I wanna find out if the Wreckers are THE Wreckers!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Spoilers! Of course they fucking aren't.

I'm actually looking forward to the third movie, too...sadly. There might be some interesting stuff going on in there.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I fully expect the third movie to be as bad as the last two. There is no reason to expect otherwise. But, I am looking forward to saving money.

Prowl, I am talking about the G1 Predacons. And, yes, Abnett is writing a Galvatron series after "Shitfiltration".

Dom
-yeah, Abnett!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm hoping Astrotrain will be in III so that we can call the whole thing an Astrotrainwreck. :oops: Anyway... I also look forward to not making any more bad jokes like that one. Ok, what I'm really jazzed for in 2011: TFCC Sideburn (even if I have a newfound hatred of that mold), Ramjet, the Generations releases, and really hoping to get ratchetsrepairbay.com up and running full force. The TF community has been without a decent source of repro parts for several years now and it's time to take up the reigns. I look forward to actually finishing some of my damn custom work, and I look forward to Botcon. I'm going. If I have to sell every friggin' Transformer I have to get there, I'm fucking going. Actually I am kind of looking forward to III if for no other reason that it means a whole new mess o' Shockwave toys.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Shockwave wrote:TFCC Sideburn (even if I have a newfound hatred of that mold)
Really? Why's that?

Oh yeah, something I'm hoping for, even if I've got no reason at all to hope for it: Movie-toy styled Grimlock. I think it's been pretty well established that Grimlock won't be in any of the movies, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have a toy. I think it'd be fun to see what this character would look like in the movie aesthetic. Probably won't happen, but I can hope anyway, right?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I hope that Transformers: Prime ends up proving that The Pilot Always Sucks and turns out to be a good show. It certainly has the potential, if you ask me. But I won't hold my breath either.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:
Shockwave wrote:TFCC Sideburn (even if I have a newfound hatred of that mold)
Really? Why's that?

Oh yeah, something I'm hoping for, even if I've got no reason at all to hope for it: Movie-toy styled Grimlock. I think it's been pretty well established that Grimlock won't be in any of the movies, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have a toy. I think it'd be fun to see what this character would look like in the movie aesthetic. Probably won't happen, but I can hope anyway, right?
I tried to pose him fighting Cyclonus and discovered what Prowl was talking about with the arm articulation. No movement at all.

Hey, there's nothing to say that he couldn't show up in the game. Shockwave showed up at the end of the first one so anything's possible.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:I tried to pose him fighting Cyclonus and discovered what Prowl was talking about with the arm articulation. No movement at all.
Wow, I can't believe someone remembers my complaint about Rodimus's arms (and my hatred of hinge elbows in general). Now that I think about it, arms on a lot of the Classics Deluxes kinda sucked, with Mirage as the only standout with GOOD arm articulation.

I only recently realized that bicep swivels are one of the most important points of posability for a toy to have, for me. So, in 2011, I hope more toys have bicep swivels. :roll: