August Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
onslaught86

Re: August Hauls

Post by onslaught86 »

Gomess wrote:It took me a long time to get this CD. The guys in the shop thought Infinity was the BAND's name. =/
Yeah, I'd been hunting for physical copies for an age too. Tracking down the Christeen+4 Demos EP is going to be a pain. MUST HAVE PROCESSIONAL.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Bad Devil and Wild Colonial Boy were all I needed. War was a nice bonus.

Don't set your sights too high and you can't be disappointed! =D
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Skriek
Protoform

Post by Skriek »

onslaught86 wrote: - The Devin Townsend Band: Accelerated Evolution
- The Devin Townsend Band: Infinity
Accelerated Evolution = EPIC WIN
Is infinity good?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I'm not thaaat fond of Infinity as an album. Moreso as a concept - it's essentially Broadway musical-style metal. Very clever. War and Truth would be my favourite tracks, with Colonial Boy and Christeen up there too. It's one of Devin's weaker albums, but that's only compared to how fantastic Biomech, Accelerated Evolution, and Synchestra are. Worth listening to, all his material truly is. If you're buying them, get it before Physicist and Ziltoid the Omniscient, but after the ones I mentioned previously, along with Terria.

Yay Devin fans, go you guys.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

2 Cobra Infantrymen.

Dom
-WWCD at CA rocks.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

For the past 2 weeks, I've been super busy with Comic-Con and then cleaning up from Comic-Con. Here are the hauls I've had in that time, keep in mind this list is from my Star Wars site so the Hasbro Star Wars figures are the focus rather than the TFs.

SDCC swag highlights:
eFX Keychain and Pin
Star Trek Spock poster
Star Trek Uhura poster (thanks to a generous friend)
The Spirit poster set
Wonder Woman animated movie gigantic bag
Fox TV poster tube
Hasbro SW poster
Hasbro Indy poster
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia exclusive t-shirt (gave to my sister)
It's Always Sunny DVD boxed set (best freebie I've gotten to date)
Sideshow Gift Card (value $50)
Eagle Eye 128mb flash drive (gave to friend, lost the other one thanks to ripped bag)
Diamond Select Wrath of Khan torn up Khan (thanks Tycho!)
Hasbro "My Millennium Falcon is bigger than yours" T-shirt
Dr. McNinja's Christ Hastings signed my copy of Dr McNinja #1 with a drawing of Doc and my personal phrase for the character (The doctor will be in... visible!)
Mattel inflatable Masters of the Universe power sword

SDCC purchases for myself:
Mezco 3.75" Hellboy II exclusive figure
Hasbro Disturbance in the Force set
Hasbro GI Joe Real Heroes Snake-Eyes/Timber
Dr. McNinja vs Dracula poster (autographed)
Go-Go Changeformers SDCC exclusive (autographed)

Non-con purchases:
Indiana Jones Last Crusade Indy
Batman Hot Wheels 1:42 (is that right? the $6 line) Tumbler, Comics, '66, and Batcycle
Batman Begins Movie Masters Batman (suuucks!)
Animated Obi-Wan (small, lacking knee and ankle articulation)
Animated R2
IG Lancer droid
Yarna (!!!)
Vader removable helmet
Luke Sandstorm
Han Sandstorm
Chewie Sandstorm
Leektar & Nippet
Ak-Rev
Titanium Series Cloud Car
Transformers Universe Deluxe Galvatron
TFU Ultra Powerglide
TFU Ultra Onslaught
Harvey Birdman vol 2
Harvey Birdman vol 3
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker unedited edition
2x Scuba Trooper
TF:Animated Oil Slick
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Skywarp17
Minibot

Post by Skywarp17 »

A pretty good day for me.
Animated Soundwave, who I must admit underwhelmed me. Dunno what it is in particular, but the figure's less awesome than I expected.

Also got Revoltech Shin Getter 1, who is all kinds of awesome. His forarm blades are actually pretty sharp!! But the non-Revoltech joint wrists bug me. Yeesh, two figures and these damn joints have already spoiled me.

But one thing confuses me that maybe someone here can clear up. The stand comes in three pieces plus a Revoltech joint. One is the roughly V shaped piece the whole assembly sits on, the other is the J shaped piece that supports the figure. But there's a third piece I can't figure out the purpose for. It's smaller than the others, with a peg that doesn't seem to fit in any of the holes on the other pieces, and a hole that's too large to hold the Revoltech joint.
What's it for?

Update: Eureka! Saw a pic of another Revoltech and the true purpose was revealed. Awesome! Shin Getter looks great in a flying pose.
You been Warp'd!!!
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

Most Revoltechs have sharp points actually. Unit-02's Spear of Longinus in sword mode almost drew blood once. :shock: And now I have to look out for Lazengann's tail.

I'm not the biggest Devin Townsend fan, but he is certainly a visionary. Now that I think about it, I kinda prefer SYL to DTP...
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Super Movie Haul, GO!

[REC]: Crazy Spanish zombie flick. It's being American-remade, so I figured I'd check out the original.

Cannibal Holocaust: With a title like that, you know it's gotta be good. One of the most controversial movies ever, and allegedly one of the most disturbing. I'm looking forward to seeing if it's as traumatic as it's reputed to be.

Blood Diner: One of the greatest movies ever. I mean, it's very much a "B" movie, but my god, it's completely insane, and thus, awesome. These brothers run a vegetarian restaurant where the secret ingredient is people...like I say, awesome.

I dunno if you guys can tell, but I love me some horror movies.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Animated Oil Slick: Sweet, sweet toy, and yes, totally metal. Love the tattoo on his chest in robot mode (I'm not the only one that thinks it kinda looks like Lockdown, right?), the canisters (how does he drink out of the one with the flippy lid when he's got that tank on his head?), and his awesome vehicle mode. I hope to cod he talks out of the goat head in bike mode if/when he appears in the show. That would be sweeter than anything. I've got Zartan riding him on my desk right now, behind a rockin' out AniSoundwave while Classics Onslaught conquers my alarm clock on the other side. My desk is suffering from an overload of awesome at this point...

Robot Heroes Rattrap vs. Megatron: Impulse buy with Oil Slick, I'd been wanting these anyway, since they were two of my more-loved BW characters. Megatron needs better paint, and Rattrap needs to be able to *stand* (which wouldn't have been a problem had they just made his backpack the slimmer, more show-accurate model), but a cool set, nonetheless. I love Rattrap's expression.

Rising Stars of Manga 8: Sweet, I was wondering when this was coming out. Haven't read it yet (I'm in the middle of Watchmen, currently), but I can't wait to.