Hasbro Q&A round 13

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Hasbro Q&A round 13

Post by JediTricks »

Here's round 13's Q&A voting thread. I want to hear from you guys on what we should ask next, either as votes on existing questions, or as suggestions for new questions.

The next round is due on Sept 13th, so I'll need the questions by the 12th.

Here are the existing questions:
  1. - With another Transformers movie line coming up, the line will almost certainly be bolstered by characters not appearing in TF3, just as the first 2 movies' toy lines had extra characters. There are many Revenge of the Fallen and even Movie 1 characters still in demand for figure updates/upgrades, such as Voyager-class Bonecrusher, Scrapmetal and Scrapper figures for fans of the movie Constructicons, leader-class Blackout, and more great ideas that fans want. What are the odds that we'll see those TYPES of movie-universe characters added the TF3 toy line, even if not those specific examples? (Though we'd like to see those examples of course.)
  2. - Some collectors have expressed concern that the main TF lines such as the Movie lines and Universe/Generations might be getting too complicated for key target audiences, specifically casual consumers and kids. We've heard things along the lines of "I'm a grown man and had problems with ROTF Leader Prime, how is my kid supposed to figure it out?" to "I gave 2008's New Camaro Bumblebee to a nephew and it still sits, half-transformed, at the bottom of a toy box." Obviously, sub-lines like Fast Action Battlers and Activators are supposed to address this problem, but they only appeal to specific younger audiences, not generally to the larger casual consumer base. How much of a concern is this for Hasbro? What does Hasbro do to combat these issues in the main lines without simplifying them to the point of alienating the core fanbase?
Thanks for participating!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro Q&A round 13

Post by Onslaught Six »

2 really does seem like it's a good question, especially because of the FAB lines. I know overcomplexity was a real problem some people (86, for example) were finding with the Animated line, which is, if only in visual tone, aimed squarely at kids.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

The deadline for this round is Sunday. Clearly everybody's so excited it's caused them to go mute. :roll: I still haven't heard from Hasbro about the last round's answers, which were due a week ago.

EDIT: 30 seconds after I post this, I get an email from Hasbro's PR people reminding me that the next round's deadline is coming up. I have emailed them back asking about the existing answers, and if we should send in without them. What timing!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Last day to participate.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I don't really have any questions this time around, and the two existing ones seem fine to me.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Thanks for the feedback. I guess that's an adequate take. I can't think of any questions either, partly because the responses have always been SO lame that my journalistic tendencies aren't fired up for this program anymore.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Ok, well judging by the excitement in this thread, I guess there's no reason to wait any longer. I've sent in the questions we have, which leaves us with a surplus of... zero.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Oh goody, I get to come up with more!

1. I'm really glad that Red Alert is getting released in the Generations line. My question is, what was behind the decision to use a different lightbar and black head for this release as opposed to the Japanese Henkei lightbar and red head?
2. What are some features from recent toys (Hunt for the Decepticons, yellow-box generic "Transformers" line, Generations etc.) that didn't see it to production, along similar lines to Universe 2.0 Galvatron's removed "walker-tank" mode?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Oh goody, I get to come up with more!

1. I'm really glad that Red Alert is getting released in the Generations line. My question is, what was behind the decision to use a different lightbar and black head for this release as opposed to the Japanese Henkei lightbar and red head?
2. What are some features from recent toys (Hunt for the Decepticons, yellow-box generic "Transformers" line, Generations etc.) that didn't see it to production, along similar lines to Universe 2.0 Galvatron's removed "walker-tank" mode?
I'll start a round 14 thread and put them in there. Judging by how they answered the last one we sent them like that though, I predict doom.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

But, Hasbro loves hearing from us. They said so!

Joking aside, at this point, we are keeping this running partly out of ritual and on the off chance they do start giving out good answers again.

Dom
-is not as viscerally excited by this as he once was.