how to collect waffles?

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

how to collect waffles?

Post by Dominic »

Okay, get this:

Lewis (aworldtransformed.com) Brooks has a problem.

He collects and saves *everything* "Transformers", including food premiums. I am not talking just about Happy Meal toys. Nor even about the boxes. In some cases, he saves the actual food.

For example, he has the "Starburst" candies with the "Optimus Lime" wrappers.

"So", you may ask, "what is the problem?"

His problem is with the "Animated" waffles. The waffles have images printed right on them. There are pictures printed on the food. Frozen food.

Lewis is at a loss for how to save and archive these.

Zabgoth is thinking Lewis could coat the waffles in clear epoxy, thus preserving the waffles and the images on them.

I am thinking Lewis should just throw them in the freezer with a "do not eat" label on them.

A third option is to scan the waffles, thus preserving the TF content, and just eating the actual waffles.

Any thoughts on this?

Dom
-may be visiting Lewis next week.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: how to collect waffles?

Post by 138 Scourge »

Aaaand there we go. That's likely the oddest thing I'm gonna read today.

I'd say...keeping 'em in the freezer with the "Do Not Eat" sign would be the most accurate and MIB way of doing it...but I'd think that over time, they're just gonna get overwhelmed with the freezer-burn kinda thing. Ultimately, I think that scans/pictures of the images on there are gonna last longer.

+
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Epoxy or shellac should work, but if there's even a single microbe inside, eventually it'll eat the interior away. But, preserved food has been done before, so he may be able to pull it off. He better try now while he can buy more though, this will require experimentation.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

I would just take picture of myself with them, then eat the suckers. Eggo waffles are gooood.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The microbe problem is a concern. Lewis's place is pretty clean. But, it is hardly sterile. And, that assumes there is no factory contamination.

And, yes, this will involve experimentation.

Dom
-ultimately stays with the hobby for this kind of discussion.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I would collect them in my stomach.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Maybe do the work in a nitrogen atmosphere, or flush them with liquid nitrogen just before shellacking. That wouldn't prevent internal rot from anything inside, but it might kill anything that was in there to begin with. Of course, since these are already frozen, that may take care of it anyway.

I wouldn't eat 'em, I hate the way food coloring tastes in those types of amounts.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Onslaught Six wrote:I would collect them in my stomach.

But, how would you store them after using them?

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:But, how would you store them after using them?
You don't want to know.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Dominic wrote:But, how would you store them after using them?
You don't want to know.

Good god, now I'm picturing the images still being there....

I don't believe I've messed with any Eggo waffles since they tried to kill me back in '06...
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.