Toy Fair Hasbro event going on now

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Toy Fair Hasbro event going on now

Post by Dominic »

News posting gets us recognition and credibility.

Hasbro wants reporters, not fans.

Dom
-likes the guitar intro.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hey, I can be professional-like! I have to be, for work and stuff.

The guitar intro is Fruit Gusher! It is available on the Tidal Wave EP! Only no dollars and no cents because I have like three left!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I was not implying that you were unqualified or not good enough. I was just explaining why posting news was a pre-requisite for getting in to ToyFair.

As JT explained it to me, Hasbro wants people who are going to report on what they see, not just fans who are going to ohhh and ahhh, and maybe steal product samples. We know you are honest, but darned if Hasbro is going to trust you (or me) unless you have posted some news. JT himself has a long standing, and generally good, relationship with Hasbro, which is how we got the invitation in the first place.

Dom
-needs to order that CD.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:I was not implying that you were unqualified or not good enough. I was just explaining why posting news was a pre-requisite for getting in to ToyFair.

As JT explained it to me, Hasbro wants people who are going to report on what they see, not just fans who are going to ohhh and ahhh, and maybe steal product samples. We know you are honest, but darned if Hasbro is going to trust you (or me) unless you have posted some news. JT himself has a long standing, and generally good, relationship with Hasbro, which is how we got the invitation in the first place.
Mmm, yeah, I get it. Plus, I almost sorta look like the guy crazy enough to steal things. (My girlfriend's appearance likely wouldn't help matters. I can only imagine what it'd look like with us there. Eheh.)
-needs to order that CD.
Good luck finding a place where you can! And me not being too lazy to ship one out! I still haven't sent 86 one.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.