TV shows are awesome

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: TV shows are awesome

Post by Shockwave »

New shows started this and last week: 24 season 8. So far so awesome. Jack's back baby! Project Runway. This should be interesting. The first episode alone has been enough comedic fodder to keep me and my family laughing for years to come. American Idol. I really only watch the first part with the tryouts. When you see everyone who can't sing but actually thinks they can. This week a guy went home in handcuffs. Human Target. Comes on right after American Idol and so far is awesome. It's like Vengeance Unlimited meets Burn Notice.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Shockwave wrote: Human Target. Comes on right after American Idol and so far is awesome. It's like Vengeance Unlimited meets Burn Notice.
I've been meaning to catch this show one of these days. I hear good things, and I like the lead actor guy, even if I can never remember his name. But he was awesome in Boston Legal.

I do find it funny that it apparently has very little to do with the comic that it's based on, though. Like, they don't even have the comic's gimmick (master of disguise goes undercover as the targets for assorted murder plots) which I'd assume is what attracted the show's producers in the first place.

I've gotten hooked on that History channel show "Life After People". Anyone else a fan? I just enjoy the fact that they put that much research into the effects of nothing being maintained and everything falling apart. :D I don't know why I enjoy that so, but I really do.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I've seen the DC logo in the credits of Human Target but had no idea what comic it was based on (again, I'm horribly unfamiliar with DC's lineup). If that's the premise, they really should have gone with it, it would have made an interesting show. This is pretty good, but...

I've seen Life After People only a handful of times as I'm not usually the one in control of the remote. Otherwise I would have seen more. I can't help wondering how they know that's what would happen?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

They'll look at what happened to something that's been poorly maintained already, do a whole lot of math, and then apply it on a global scale. When an episode shows what would happen to, say, New York City when nobody's around there for a hundred years or so, they'll show the small island near Manhattan that's lain abandoned for decades and generally fallen apart.

So much fun!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

It is a pretty good show. I also like Jurassic Fight Club. TRex vs. Raptor! Fight!! It kinda reminds me of Primal Rage.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Shockwave wrote:It is a pretty good show. I also like Jurassic Fight Club. TRex vs. Raptor! Fight!! It kinda reminds me of Primal Rage.
I have never heard of this show before just now, but it sounds like exactly the sort of thing that I want out of television.

That is, if I can't have it out of life. C'mon, science, get to making cloned dinosaurs so they can fight for our amusement.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Shockwave wrote:It is a pretty good show. I also like Jurassic Fight Club. TRex vs. Raptor! Fight!! It kinda reminds me of Primal Rage.
Except without all the fart and puke moves.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Eh, I'm late on this one since I finished the latest episode of it weeks ago, but I still totally want to get in this thread and plug Wakfu. It's this *awesome* French cartoon based on an MMO, but it doesn't suck like game adaptations tend too. It's got gorgeous art, and looks generally looks pretty amazing, particularly when you realize that the whole thing was animated in Flash. And produced entirely in France too, no outsourcing. The story's...eh, pretty generic, honestly. Kid discovers he has powers, goes on an adventure with a band of friends to saaaaaaaave the world. But the characters are genuinely entertaining, and the story turns a corner later when you find out more about the villain, who might be one of the best such characters I've ever seen. Seriously, the motivation they came up with for him is pretty ingenious.

But man, the art! It's so *yummy*!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:
I have never heard of this show before just now, but it sounds like exactly the sort of thing that I want out of television.

That is, if I can't have it out of life. C'mon, science, get to making cloned dinosaurs so they can fight for our amusement.
They actually use forensics at certain excavation sites to determine what happened or they also use forensics on the skeleton of one to determine what happened. Then they animate the whole thing with cgi. It's actually pretty awesome. Even without fart and puke moves.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I had to make mention of a G1 episode that I watched on DVD the other night: Auto-Bop. Yeah, it's horribly dated with the steetwise kids and their stilted street-lingo breakdancing outside of a dance club secretly run by Starscream and Soundwave. But I actually enjoyed watching the episode focus solely on Tracks and Blaster, and no other Autobots. And I had no idea that Blaster and Soundwave get into a fun trash-talking fight at the end. I don't think I'd ever heard Soundwave laugh before... that's just cool.

So yeah... cheesy kid's show episode, but I had fun watching it. And either I'd never seen this one, or I'd completely forgotten it. Either way, it was nice to go in not knowing what was going to happen (other than that the good guys would win, of course!).