November Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
shinobi77
Protoform

November Hauls

Post by shinobi77 »

Well, its been a while since I've been able to start these. And well, since I got these guys after midnight.........

found myself a walmart 'sclusive Skyfall, got a bawks from another friend with Silverbolt. Movie Nightbeat, still haven't opened him yet, and though its not really a haul, I found amongst my brothers stuff, the energon small prime and galvatron two pack.

Not to mention the paints, drills, and other tools I've grabbed for some customs I have in mind.....
onslaught86

Re: November Hauls

Post by onslaught86 »

I also got stuff!

- Mangled arms and chin, thanks to flying off of my bike on the way to work after lunch on Friday. Nothing broken, all superficial wounds, but I was off work for a few days for my troubles and am still all bandaged up. Woo! Or not.

- Clear Windows CannonBee. I avoided CannonBee thanks to his horrible opaque windows, and pounced on the translucent-windowed variant, who ships with Gears and Thrust. He's pretty weird, seems half-finished, very flimsy and fragile. Nice improved interior in vehicle mode. Headsculpt (same as PreviewBee) is creepy, cannons are cool but don't pop out at all and smaller than prototype's. Reused NewBee legs suck, new arms are pretty bad. Interesting, can't really recommend it tho'.

- Thrust. Yeah, I hate me some Breakaway. Thrust takes a truly awful toy and turns it into...honestly, an average toy at best. Thrust ain't anything special. New headsculpt and G1 colours always do help, mind you, but I feel a bit suckerpunched for buying him after wasting monies on Breakaway first. If you have Breakaway, think twice before buying him. If you don't have Breakaway, don't make Thrust a priority, 'cause he's nothing truly special.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

After browsing it once or twice, I finally bit the bullet and bought All Hail Megatron tpb vol. 1. I'll have to do a full review once I've had a chance to read it through once or twice. I figured that since I'd already read the Coda issues, and then then vol. 2... might as well finish the backwards crawl and read vol. 1.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I liked Thrust a lot, myself. He grows on me more and more. Of course, my favorite toy from the first movie wound up being Dreadwing, so that probably says something. Maybe I'll toss a lil' review up where they go.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dreadwing sucks, but Overcast is awesome. So contemplating the Fearswoop pack, but it's not selling at all here, so I'm waiting for clearance.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Customizing yielded:
TFU Ricochet
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Onslaught Six wrote:Dreadwing sucks, but Overcast is awesome. So contemplating the Fearswoop pack, but it's not selling at all here, so I'm waiting for clearance.
What could you have against Dreadwing that Overcast solves? I can't recall OC's colors offhand, but I really like Dreadwing's "Sky-camo" pattern. That said, I, too, would love to have Fearswoop, but Wal-Mart must have been smoking some exceedingly excellent stuff when they priced that one. Twenty-four bucks for two Legends and a Deluxe? Now, if it was some of the Universe Legends, I'd have bit.

Is Ramjet any good? Anyone pick that thing up? I'm tempted just because I have Thrust and will probably get Dirge.

EDIT: Nice one on the Ricochet, Dom. It cool.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

138 Scourge wrote:What could you have against Dreadwing that Overcast solves? I can't recall OC's colors offhand, but I really like Dreadwing's "Sky-camo" pattern. That said, I, too, would love to have Fearswoop, but Wal-Mart must have been smoking some exceedingly excellent stuff when they priced that one. Twenty-four bucks for two Legends and a Deluxe? Now, if it was some of the Universe Legends, I'd have bit.
Dreadwing's big problem was the pink, and the grey just looked bad. Overcast is black. And transluscent neon yellow, which always looks good against black. And he's got AllSpark Blue, which is less intrusive here than on some other figures.
Is Ramjet any good? Anyone pick that thing up? I'm tempted just because I have Thrust and will probably get Dirge.
Dirge is a must-get, definitely, being a new mould and also 'awesome,' but I'm probably passing on Thrust and definitely on Ramjet--LeaderScream is suuuuch the great mould.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I bought AHM volume 2 yesterday, so I've finally got the whole story.

It's much better to relax in my recliner and read the whole thing at a leisurely pace than to flip through it at the bookstore. :mrgreen:
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

138 Scourge wrote:I liked Thrust a lot, myself. He grows on me more and more. Of course, my favorite toy from the first movie wound up being Dreadwing, so that probably says something. Maybe I'll toss a lil' review up where they go.
I love Dreadwing and Overcast! Took me by surprise, since I hated the look of Dreadwing. O6 just likes Overcast's colours more, the black and translucent yellow are a winning combo.
Thrust is still average, Breakaway is still awful. Maybe if they had kickass Shockwave heads. And flamethrower hands. Heh.