November Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: November Hauls

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:Also, you all knew this was coming, so I'll cop to it right now: I got the MMPR 2010 Dino Megazord and oh lordy does it meet my expectations in the worst way. This thing is a brick with a capital BRICK! The legs can kick forward at the hips a bit, the knees bend backwards on transformation joints, and the arms can only move up and down at the shoulders, stopping at, like, eight predetermined ratchet points. Oh, and his elbows can bend sideways inward a touch. Wow. You are getting *no* dynamic poses out of this thing. Still, it's a lot of toy for only twenty bucks, and a fun one to fiddle with, combining and separating, and putting them into their surprisingly cool tank mode. And it looks nice when displayed behind my 2010 Ranger figures; gonna put them all on top of my kickass glass display case in a bit here. So yeah, just *barely* worth twenty bucks, and that's to me. Your mileage will most definitely vary. The only things left I think I'm gonna get from this line are the Dragon Dagger, and the Dragonzord, whenever that shows up. Will be nice just to play with all the various combinations.

God I'm such a tool.
Here's the thing: From what I've seen, the new Megazord does precisely nothing that the old one doesn't. And it'd be one thing if I had the Megazord since childhood, because the surviving Zords from that era are definitely a bit screwed (I have no idea where some of the Thunderzord bits are), but I got my Megazord and second Dragonzord back in like '97 or so, off Early eBay. So they're still in pretty awesome condition--and they're 'bigger.' So I'm seeing no reason to bother picking it up...unless the Dragonzord rules.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

BWprowl wrote:My Target has plenty of them. Let me know, and I can get one for you. I might require a little compensation on the shipping costs, but whatever.
Deal! But you have to send me some delicious American candy. :D

God I'm such a tool.
Nah, I'd be tempted if they were released here. Do find it amusingly ironic that Power Rangers remains banned in EnZed despite it having been filmed here for some time.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Except for the part where that's obviously over with, being that Shinkenger isn't getting adapted.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Wednesday I got a set of keys. To my new house! Finally took possession of it and started getting it cleaned out. I also have really nice neighbors.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Congrats again. Have fun unpacking. :mrgreen:

Seriously, it took us a couple of months to really get everything unpacked the last time we moved. All the basic stuff gets pulled out and put away, but those last few unneeded boxes can wait, and then wait some more, until one day you're wondering "Where is it?" and it turns out to be in that still-unpacked box.

Today's haul: finally completed the Megatron Origin mini series by finding issue 4 in the back issue bin. I honestly can't remember why I bought the first three issues and not the final one. It may have been in the pull list that got put back on the shelf with no warning, and I never bothered to track down the issue up until now. So I guess it's time to go back and re-read the first three and see how the story ends.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

andersonh1 wrote:Today's haul: finally completed the Megatron Origin mini series by finding issue 4 in the back issue bin.
My sympathies.
I honestly can't remember why I bought the first three issues and not the final one. It may have been in the pull list that got put back on the shelf with no warning, and I never bothered to track down the issue up until now. So I guess it's time to go back and re-read the first three and see how the story ends.
I'm sure once you read those three, you'll understand why you never bought the fourth.

I got a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt and, finally, a copy of The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe, which I haven't read in years. And I bought several gifts for my girlfriend.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Man, don't listen to O6 about Megatron Origin, it's actually pretty good. He literally only hates it because they kill Clench off. :roll:
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

BWprowl wrote:Man, don't listen to O6 about Megatron Origin, it's actually pretty good. He literally only hates it because they kill Clench off. :roll:
No problem. :mrgreen:

I had a poor impression of the series myself, but since I've gone back and re-read it seems better than I remember. I'm glad to have finally completed the story in any case.
Doctor Who
Minibot

Post by Doctor Who »

encore host with movie smoke screen

on preorder encore trail-breaker and universe sideswipe
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:Man, don't listen to O6 about Megatron Origin, it's actually pretty good. He literally only hates it because they kill Clench off. :roll:
Not 'only.' The killing of Clench is indeed part of why I dislike it, because he's killed off so pointlessly and stupidly. But I also hate how it skips over large parts of the story, and I don't like how it portrays Megs. Megs is supposed to have been 'built' as a war machine, not become one over time.

That said, I did like a few parts of it, like Soundwave using his rubsign to show that he's a Decepticon.