July hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

July hauls

Post by Dominic »

A new secondary phone to replace Shockphone.

By the way, after several attempt to revivie Shockphone, I am forced to conclude that such a thing is beyond science.

Dom
-preparing for an autopsy.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Re: July hauls

Post by donosaur »

Deep Desert Brawl. They fixed his shoulders! now if anything they are too tight. I don't like his light color scheme as much, but a paint wash can maybe fix this. Good toy.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Also, Dune Runner. He can fight Deep Desert Brawl! I kind of wish the scouts came with some melee weapons so they could match the bigger classes better. My brother got Dead End and Roll Bar. Hey, does anyone else think Roll Bar looks like a tiny, stubby-armed Prime? He's just missing ears and a matrix to hide behind his chest doors.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

He did kinda give off that vibe, initially. Part of the reason I didn't nab him.

Last night I made out with a girl I like a whole lot. That's a haul. Right? And tonight I get to see ROTF again and the new cruddy-looking Jack Black movie at the drive-in. I say it's cruddy looking not because I dislike Jack Black, but the premise looks iffy and stupid.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

ELO - Eldorado and The Ventures - Hawaii Five-O on vinyl, for under ten bucks. Cheapo Records, you and I are going to become fast friends
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

donosaur wrote:ELO - Eldorado and The Ventures - Hawaii Five-O on vinyl, for under ten bucks. Cheapo Records, you and I are going to become fast friends
That right there is awesome.

My haul for the day is pretty decent. After driving all over town looking for toys, I finally stop at the Wal-Mart closest to my apartment and grabbed Samurai Prowl. He cool, I love Transformers with snap-on armor. The original Prowl toy's cooler in non-armored up mode, though.

Aannd even though I'm not getting much more from this line, I couldn't resist Scalpel. He actually has some personality, so he kinda wins. Plus, Basic.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Got my Universe Sideswipe in the mail, yesterday apparently. He's kind of awesome, glad I got him. He seems bigger and a little better quality plastic than other Universe toys from later in the line. The problem is that now I want Sunstreaker
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sideswipe's a very nice toy, probably the better of the two Laborghinis, but that's in no way a knock on Sunstreaker, who's plenty good in his own right. Hell, I liked that mold enough to buy it four times, so I could do the partswap and have Tigertrack and Spinout.

So a few days back I got myself Wheelie and Ravage. Wheelie's way better than his shelfwarming would lead you to believe. Very expressive, tons of personality (though the arms could stand to be less restricted). Transformation is amazing just in what they pull off. I almost want to get another one so I can display them next to each other and gaze in disbelief that one turns into the other. Too bad his Mech Alive faction-switching gimmick is a total write-off. Ravage is way cool, suffice to say I like him a *lot* more than Synjo did. Nicely lithe and poseable cat mode (I'll agree with, well, everyone that no poseable head sucks though), and there's actually some stuff going on in his transformation. Enough to make it interesting enough to do every now and then, anyway. He's mainly staying in cat mode though, he just looks too awesome.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Well, my experiment with amazon.com was a success.

Essential Fantastic Four #1 By Stan "The Man" Lee and Jack "King" Kirby. I've been so hooked on this comic, so I was like, "Screw it, may as well get all of this run." Still need numbers two and five of the Essentials run, but how far behind can that be?

G.I. Joe Killaz by the G.I. Joe Killaz. Oh, this album makes me so happy. Because it's a couple pretty good rappers doing the whole friggin' album in character as Destro and the Baroness. Synopsises of Classic Joe episodes, songs about varying members of Cobra, and the Baroness rapping about being chased by "Five G.I. Joes with baseball bats"? Yeah, I'm totally in. I dig the kinda techno-experimental sound of the music behind it, too. If I was with Hasbro and had any pull at all, I wouldn't have slapped these guys with a "Cease and Desist", I'd have hired 'em.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hasbro probably wasn't happy with the destructively adult nature of the songs, I'd imagine. It was years ago, though, so who knows what they'd think now. And, hell, the C&D probably brought more publicity than anything else, in the end. (That's halfway what I'm hoping Tidal Wave could eventually do...)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.