July hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: July hauls

Post by Dominic »

Sorry Trekkie, I did not see your question through my....tears.

Shockphone
is, that is, he was, ....I am sorry.....but this is difficult to talk about.

I think....it is time to open up a bit.

If any of you want to call the late Shockphone, here is the number he used to be at. 1 781 420 6055

And, if you want to speak to me, directly, and hear about Shocky, feel free to call Shockphone's replacement: 781 420 1528

Dom
-still getting mileage out of this.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ah dude, my condolences on the the Shockphone. Having read the autopsy report, I myself have been enganged in a similar experiment to create a fully transformable phone using my Diaphone Bluestreak (since it's blue and silver). Phonestreak still functions (presumably) but a cursory evaluation yeilds marginal conversional probabilities.
Doctor Who
Minibot

Post by Doctor Who »

animated figures
blackarachnia
wreck gar
blitzwing
target shockwave and sunstorm

encore skywarp/thundercracker and sunstorm
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

BWNeo Archadis! I think it's Neo, anyway. I don't recognize this kinda packaging. Definitely Japanese, though, and with a DVD pack-in. Neato!

Guy I bought it from threw a McDonald's Chicken McNugget/Gator toy in there, too. It's my new fave McDonald's toy, beating out McAnimated Starscream and McTankor. It's just so darn cute and doofy!

EDIT: Turns out the Archadis I'm dealing with is, in fact, the Telemocha variety. Which is hilarious, because the main reason I'd rather have the Japanese versions of these characters is that the dinosaur guys have the Predacon spark crystal. So I get this version, which mistakenly has the Dinobot crystal. :lol:

Whatever, I really like this toy, anyway, and from what I can tell, this version has the best colors, so whatevs.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

And looking around in that box further revealed Robot Heroes Rampage. He's in jackhammer mode, and currently appears to be drilling through my desk. Well, I'll take a cutesified version of a movie toy for free, why not?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Movie games 1 and 2 for xbox 360. Haven't had a chance to play them though. Also, I joined the Freemasons last year and got my third degree this week. After the ceremony, I stood there for about 20 minutes being loaded with masonic swag. The best part of it was a ring that my father gave me. My grandfather was a Freemason as is my father. The ring was given to my grandfather at his third degree and he conferred it to my dad at his third degree. Now it has been passed to me and is inscribbed on the inside with the third degree dates of me, my father and his father, making me the third generation in my family to bear the ring. The rest of the swag included a Masonic Bible, a certificate showing the date of the ceremony and who performed it and apparently there's also a trowel and an apron on order.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Bought Sandman volume 4 the other day, because I am a sucker. Sparky should honestly read these things. Well, I mean, everyone should, because they're awesome, but y'know. Lucifer closes down Hell! He gives the key to Sandman! Sandman is visited by Thor and Anubis and fairies and some cat goddess and a guy with a talking cardboard box! They all want Hell! He doesn't give it to any of them!
transtrekkie wrote:Movie games 1 and 2 for xbox 360. Haven't had a chance to play them though. Also, I joined the Freemasons last year and got my third degree this week. After the ceremony, I stood there for about 20 minutes being loaded with masonic swag. The best part of it was a ring that my father gave me. My grandfather was a Freemason as is my father. The ring was given to my grandfather at his third degree and he conferred it to my dad at his third degree. Now it has been passed to me and is inscribbed on the inside with the third degree dates of me, my father and his father, making me the third generation in my family to bear the ring. The rest of the swag included a Masonic Bible, a certificate showing the date of the ceremony and who performed it and apparently there's also a trowel and an apron on order.
The very last thing I want to get into here is a religious debate, but the Freemasons amuse me simply because I have no God damn idea what it is they believe in. If anything. Seriously, go look at their Wiki page, it says nothing!

And for reference points: I'm agnostic, which means I have better things to occupy my time with these days than pondering the nature of possibly nonexistant Gods. Like toys and comic books and hanging out with a girl oh god girls rule.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:The very last thing I want to get into here is a religious debate, but the Freemasons amuse me simply because I have no God damn idea what it is they believe in. If anything. Seriously, go look at their Wiki page, it says nothing!

And for reference points: I'm agnostic, which means I have better things to occupy my time with these days than pondering the nature of possibly nonexistant Gods. Like toys and comic books and hanging out with a girl oh god girls rule.
Freemasonry is a fraternal organization, not a religious one. In fact, much like on these boards religious debate is generally frowned upon at Masonic meetings.

They rule if you actually manage to find one that rules. That last experience for me was so horrible that I've been celebate ever since and am perfectly happy staying that way for a while. Course, it was the third consecutive year that I'd been ditched on my birthday and the second woman to do so. My friends now refer to my birthday as my annual hide and cower in fear day.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I got ROTF Dune Runner! People had said he was like a Basic version of the first movie's Landmine, and I loved me some Landmine. Turns out he's very little like Landmine, identical altmodes aside. Reminds me more of Universe Hound, especially in the legs. He is really cool though. Arms have funny articulation, and the back section is kind of a pain to get together in vehicle mode. Still, he was cool enough to inspire me to dig out his fellow movie dune buggies, Landmine and Hardtop, who display alongside him nicely.

I also got G.I. Joe Movie Cobra Commander, if only because I've been building up a steady army of Commanders for some time, so why stop now? He's...an interesting toy. The back of his jacket is blue, and he wears a mask of some sort, but he otherwise has very little in common with any other CC we've gotten. I so wish his mask came off so I could get a clear look at his crunchberry of a face. Accessories... the giant walkie-talkie and weird syringe thing are okay, and they store on his hips, which is kinda cool. I still hate the retarded huge missile launchers the Movie Joes come with, but dude! He comes with The Gun! The Cobra Commander Gun! The same damn ray gun they've been packing him with since 1983! I find this hilarious and awesome, especially since this version can actually HOLD the damn thing. He also includes a cobra, which he presumably...commands. The figure itself is actually pretty nice. The joints are all smooth, not like the rough-to-move joints a lot of the 25th guys had. And he can actually get his elbows a little past 90 degrees, a definite improvement on earlier figures. He's also got snazzy boots. So while it doesn't look a whole lot like the eight other Cobra Commanders I've got, he still looks cool and is a cool toy, so I won't complain about buying him.

-BW "I'm still not sure if I'm even gonna see that movie" prowl
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

transtrekkie wrote:They rule if you actually manage to find one that rules. That last experience for me was so horrible that I've been celebate ever since and am perfectly happy staying that way for a while. Course, it was the third consecutive year that I'd been ditched on my birthday and the second woman to do so. My friends now refer to my birthday as my annual hide and cower in fear day.
Jesus. Women suck, and it makes me glad I've managed to find one right now who likely wouldn't do that. We've got our issues to iron out, but they aren't too terribly huge.
BWprowl wrote:-BW "I'm still not sure if I'm even gonna see that movie" prowl
I'll see it if I have the money.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.