GI Joe 25A Doc figures

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

GI Joe 25A Doc figures

Post by Dominic »

So, anyone else order one?

What do we all think about Hasbro cutting off orders for these before their original cut-off date?

I probably got screwed out of one, as I sent everything in months ago, and.....nothing.

One would think that the whole point of the deadline is to allow the manufacturer to make toys to meet demand. Well, that assumption is completely wrong.

I have 1,701 nasty things to say about this.

Dom
-figured it would be good to start things off in character.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: GI Joe 25A Doc figures

Post by JediTricks »

I had not heard about this, what happened? They cut off ordering before the date on the packaging, is that legal?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Wow, you wouldn't think it would be...

I was tempted to try getting enough of the comic packs to get a Doc, but now, I'm kinda glad I stayed with my "All-Cobra" policy.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

The key here is that the whole schtick says "While Supplies Last."

Since this original post, though, Hasbro has said they'll be doing a second run in...'September.' I guess. Bleah. I've only got four stickers right now, so we'll see.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Bashtards. All 'em. I wantsh my Doc, ya hears me.....wuntsh mah Duk.......stuppid, ermah, stuuuupit Hashbroh.

Joking aside, this pretty well killed the hobby for me. LIke I said over at CA, my desire to keep going with this line is really diminished. I am scaling way the heck back. In fact, I am thinking there is othing on the shelves now that calls to me.

Not getting Doc means I am not getting all the Joes from MA, or even characters I like.

Dom
-gonna complain about this for a good long while.
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

I have five stickers right now. ;_;
Well if they do a second run, I may have a chance.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:Joking aside, this pretty well killed the hobby for me. LIke I said over at CA, my desire to keep going with this line is really diminished. I am scaling way the heck back. In fact, I am thinking there is othing on the shelves now that calls to me.
There really isn't anything there for me, either. I'm mostly just looking for Major Bludd right now and waiting for the rest of the O13. And apparently, Short Fuze only comes in a pack with Steeler and a bunch of other vehicles and repaints I don't want nor have the room for.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

If you want to trade for Bludd, let me know.

It is not as good a toy as you might be hoping for though.

Dom
-heading out of the hobby.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'm already aware of Bludd's faults, due to his being a reuse of Zartan. I didn't agree with it at first, but over time I got used to it--and for some reason the unanimous "JUST USE THE HISS DRIVER/PROTO FLASH BODY" screams of the fandom didn't sit too well with me--it *still* doesn't look that much like him.

Still not good with trades, though, and I doubt I would have anything you'd want. Hell, I'm 'just now' preparing to send out a second Lot for 86. Y'know, the Beast Machines lot from 2003, when BM was still pretty relevant.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Damn. That is....amazing. 5 years and running? I have since gained 20 pounds and some grey hairs. MP (formerly AU) and Crossrook are just about ready to vote now. And, you, you are now liable for contracts you sign.

Darn.

I am not too bothered by the use of the Zarton body. I wish they did something with the legs, but I can appreciate a toy inspired by the DDP run of the comic. It is the stupid arm that bugs me. Shoddy articulation is not a good homage to an old toy. And the "you lose 'em if you take the toy out of the package" harpoons are irksome as well.

Dom
-notes this place does not have the emoticons to recreate my tantrum about Doc at CA last night.