Botcon-- Who's in?

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Botcon-- Who's in?

Post by Mirage »

Sorry if I missed the current Botcon thread (I DID search). Are any of you planning on making it to Pasadena this year? I just made my reservations and bought plane tickets, so I guess I'm going. ;) I know I haven't been around that long (Hell, I posted for one month then disappeared for two) but I wouldn't mind the chance to meet up with you guys, as you seem like decent fellows. So what's the word?
I disappear.
andersonh1

Re: Botcon-- Who's in?

Post by andersonh1 »

Not me, not this year. I live in SC, so it's all the way across the country for me. Plus my wife and I have a daughter due in May, so I imagine I'll be a little busy this year. :)
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Pass. I could've maybe made the one in Ohio last year (Was it last year?) but this is all the way over Thar. Prowl could conceivably go, he's around there, but most of us are on the East Coast (Me and Dom and I think Scourge lives over here somewhere too) or other countries (86). I mean, sure, I could fly out there...but that costs Money! I do not have Money!

I am going to an anime convention this weekend, though.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I cannot do it. (I heard rumour it was going to be in RI, but this is way out of bounds for me.)

Dammit.

If anybody wants to post their plans here, go ahead. I do not recommend posting email contact info, but that is up to ya'll.

Dom
-hopes the rest of you enjoy the trip.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

No promises, but since it's in my back yard, yeah, I'm probably going.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Okay everybody, form on JT.

In all seriousness, I wish I could justify this trip, but I simply cannot. I am currently paying down student loans, and planning to go back to school in the next year. That, combined with general expenses, pretty much trashes an chance of me going.

(Well, could, but it would be *really* irresponsible of me to do so.)

Dom
-well, at least there is a chance to get some exclusives with all the people I know (here and elsewhere) going.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

JediTricks wrote:No promises, but since it's in my back yard, yeah, I'm probably going.
Cool-- maybe we can meet up out there! :D
I disappear.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Nope. I'm taking too much time off for school as-is for various projects of mine (mostly dealing with my robotics or my writing projects) and I can't really afford a cross-country trip to talk about transformers. :(
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Mirage wrote:Cool-- maybe we can meet up out there! :D
Depends on how prepared for disappointment you are as I am disappointing in person. ;)

MP, sorry you can't make it, but awesome Watchman-style 'tar!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

JediTricks wrote:Depends on how prepared for disappointment you are as I am disappointing in person. ;)
Mutual disappointment assured. :P
I disappear.