KB Toys to liquidate stock and close 450+ stores

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

KB Toys to liquidate stock and close 450+ stores

Post by Dominic »

I just heard it on NPR.

Slow sales are hobbling KB. There will be heavy sales for the rest of the season, followed by more store closings early next year.

I know KB spent much of the last decade, and the early part of this one, hobbling itself. But, after all of the improving it has done in recent years, this is unfortunate beyond the loss of jobs it will cause.

Dom
andersonh1

Re: KB Toys to liquidate stock and close 450+ stores

Post by andersonh1 »

There's not a Kay Bee toys in my area any more. They closed up shop a few years back. It's a pity.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I wonder what mine will be hocking off. Not that it 'has' anything. Maybe I can get some of those cool Godzilla figures.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Yeah, as much as I like Kaybees, they never really had anything good. They still let cybertron stock clog up their shelves, and new deluxes went for $15 a pop there. They had a lacking business model, and that kicked them in the ass. The only complaint I have is that there usually aren't any other places that sell toys in strip malls- the few times I'll be in a place like that, I'll have nothing to browse.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'm so glad for the FYEs and Borderses of the world now. Hooray, reasons to go to the mall!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The local mall has a pretty good, if expensive, comic shop. They are the only thing worth making the trip for. (The book store closed about 2 years back. If I did not live so close to Boston, I would have nothing to read.)

My want lists are getting cut by enough that it is actually economically viable for me to shop there, after I monetize time and annoyance.

Dom
-still sad to see KB go.