Fall 2022 Hauls!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Fall 2022 Hauls!!

Post by Shockwave »

Legacy Blitzwing and Bomb-Burst, and Studio Series 86 Spike Witwicky. Bombburst is a fun little toy, as are most of the core class figures. Spike is pretty much what I expected, the "vehicle" mode is weird, but it's kinda weird on screen too, so yeah. Both good additions to my TF cities.

Blitzwing: I like Blitzwing. So far, I think this is one of my favorite versions of the toy. A lot of people complain about jet parts visible in tank mode and vice versa, but that's what was there on the original figure and it stays pretty true to that, so it doesn't bug me. Tank and bot modes are the best modes, I do think the jet mode could have been better, but a jet with a tank underneath it is pretty much what Blitzy has always been, although I do wish the tank parts with the wings would have swung back somehow to make lower wings, rather than folding up and essentially being faux parts. My biggest issue with this figure is the inclusion of the giant fists. WTF are those and why are they there? They literally add nothing to any of the modes and I think are just there to TRY to justify the price point. I think since Hasbro got away with it with Siege Shockwave, they're going to start doing it with more "Leader" class figures. This really should have been a voyager. BUT, I do not regret buying it. And it is a fun figure, with an interesting transformation. Overall, not a bad figure. I would say that if you only want one Blitzwing in your collection and you already have the Titans Return version, this is not worth replacing that figure. But if you don't have a Blitzwing and you want one to go with Siege/Earthrise Astrotrain, then they will look great next to each other.