2021 Top 10 Figures list

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

2021 Top 10 Figures list

Post by JediTricks »

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you are having a good holiday weekend to kick off the new year. I figured I'd whip up a top 10 figures list from 2021, no particular order to this:
  • Mosquitor (MOTU Origins dlx)
  • Firefly (GI Joe Classifed)
  • Major Bludd (GI Joe Classifed)
  • Soundwave (Transformers Kingdom core class)
  • Cyclonus (Transformers Kingdom)
  • Wrecker (SW Black Series dlx)
  • Bo-Katan Kryze (SW Black Series)
  • Din Djarin - The Mandalorian (SW TVC build-out pack)
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home Doctor Strange (Marvel Legends)
  • Thing (Marvel Legends Retro)
And some Honorable Mentions:
  • Arkham Knight Batman (DC Multiverse) - technically released late 2020, otherwise would be on that list
  • Boba Fett (SW Black Series dlx) - fantastic figure but not worth the dlx money
  • Boba Fett (SW TVC) - great sculpt and paint for the line, but came out too close to TBS version that highlights scale issues with this; both Boba Fetts kinda knocked each other off the list
  • Iron Man Mark III (Marvel Legends Infinity Saga) - only reason not in the list is because he's way too tall next to other ML figures due to ridiculously long legs
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Re: 2021 Top 10 Figures list

Post by andersonh1 »

I'm not sure I bought 10 figures this past year, so whatever I have will make my top ten list. :)

- SS86 Kup
- SS86 Jazz
- SS86 Hot Rod
- Walmart Exclusive Brainstorm
- Rung

I think they're all great figures, with Jazz and Hot Rod being my top two.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: 2021 Top 10 Figures list

Post by Shockwave »

Well I definitely bought more than ten figures this year, I just wound up selling most of them. And that was mostly because industry bullshittery than anything else. Most of what I bought was actually pretty good.

10. Siege Jetfire. He's big, fun, great transformation, great likeness of the character in whichever form you like him and the wrist/hand thing is amazing.

9. Earthrise Sky Lynx. I still have this figure. He survived the purge by being compatible with the smaller legends/core class figures, but also, I just didn't wanna get rid of him. He's that fun.

8. Earthrise Astrotrain. See above for reasons.

7. Galaxy's Edge Star Wars Droid 4 pack: Yeah, it's droids. From Disneyland. I don't feel like I need to justify that further.

6. Mega Construx MOTU Figures and vehicles: These were fun, cheap and easy to find. Until they weren't easy to find. That ruined everything.

5. Kingdom Core class Megatron. A core/legends scale Megatron the way most of us want him to look. And even came with a gun that looks like the G1 alt mode.

4. MOTU Origins figures: I'm lumping these together because they're similar in quality across the line, the only thing that would set one higher than another is character preference. BUT, these were actually well done figures, looking almost identical to the original toys but with more articulation. I would still have most of them if it were not for, once again, industry bullshittery.

3. SS 86 Gnaw. Yeah, I know, he's probably higher on the list than he should be, but I just love fiddling with this thing so much, pairing him next to his legends counterpart and kinda makes me wanna track down a G1 Gnaw.

2. Amazon Botropolis set: I really liked the whole "space shuttle launch pad" theme with this set, especially the ability to put the shuttle micromasters onto the rocket, really drives the look home. All of the figures in this set are fun to fiddle with and look great.

1. Kingdom Core Class Soundwave: I was blown away by this figure. The inclusion of the laserbeak tape that can eject from his chest is just amazing to me on top of a figure that has great detail and articulation all around.