Summer 2021 Hauls!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Summer 2021 Hauls!!

Post by JediTricks »

Earthrise Optimus Prime - got a used copy off ebay that was in good condition for a fair price. No instructions or box, but otherwise in perfect condition (although it smelled like someone else's house, always hate that). This figure is pretty good, it complements the Siege Optimus well, but at $50 it's insanely overpriced. There are some things nicer than Siege but others worse, and the trailer is nearly a wash.

Netflix Captive Lionizer and Pinpointer - These were part of the ebay listing, and I like the Siege Battle Masters well enough. Lionizer is closer to his G1 look but not quite there, the use of translucent would be worrisome if it were a larger figure but here it's probably fine. Not a fan of the mold in general though. Always glad to have more blast effects from the Firedrive (Firebolt) mold, and Pinpointer is alright too. Neither have faction logos.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Spring 2021 Hauls!!

Post by Shockwave »

MOTU origins Battle Armor He-Man. Pretty cool, still loving this line.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Kingdom Rhinox - a decent bot mode, an ok beast mode, and a horrible transformation separating them
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

JediTricks wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:04 am Kingdom Rhinox - a decent bot mode, an ok beast mode, and a horrible transformation separating them
Also, what the eff is up with his robot head? The T30 figure had way better sculpting. I might try to switch them, honestly.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I also got Kingdom Rhinox. I'll post my thoughts in the Kingdom thread.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Does a new job count? Because I got hired at a new job after being on unemployment for over a year. It's nice to have a stable source of income again. I start on July 6, and it's almost $1 more per hour than I was making at my previous job.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:16 am Does a new job count? Because I got hired at a new job after being on unemployment for over a year. It's nice to have a stable source of income again. I start on July 6, and it's almost $1 more per hour than I was making at my previous job.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:16 am Does a new job count? Because I got hired at a new job after being on unemployment for over a year. It's nice to have a stable source of income again. I start on July 6, and it's almost $1 more per hour than I was making at my previous job.
Great!!! Having lost jobs and been unemployed in the past, I would say getting a new one definitely counts.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Thank you!! I just started yesterday. Usual first day stuff, get to know each other, stuff about the company, the position, etc... still glad to be back to work. I've been trying to get public sector work for the last year, but it just didn't happen. Finally caved in and tried private sector and here we go.
andersonh1

Re: Summer 2021 Hauls!!

Post by andersonh1 »

Arrived today: Justice League of America Bronze Age Omnibus vol. 3. This is a book that Dan Didio had essentially cancelled after it was solicited, stating that smaller volumes were going to be the rule going forward. And a smaller JLA volume did appear, "The Wedding of the Atom", but then earlier this year this book and Batman: Brave and the Bold vol 3 reappeared. So whoever is running collected editions at DC reversed course and this book was published after all. They've taken a page from Marvel and gone beyond just the JLA series to collect Justice-League related storylines from other books Anyway, it's good to finally have this one on my bookshelf. It's a pretty hefty volume, almost 1200 pages.