December Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: December Hauls

Post by Onslaught Six »

I bought a CD! NIN's Pretty Hate Machine, 2005 reissue. I've heard this album a billion times, but it was there so I must buy it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Bought the Target two-pack of Roadbuster and Dirge.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Animated Jazz, booyah. Spotted Shockwave and Skywarp here in central Texas for the first time, as well as plenty of animated $15 two packs in time for christmas. It's funny how those two packs are usually a big boon, but because of the $7.77 deal they're not really a deal at all.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Cobra Ninja Viper, Arctic Snake-eyes, black Storm Shadow, Zartan and Matt Tracker.

The SE and Tracker are for customizing.

Dom
-making the Plague unit.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

I picked up a copy of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for the PS3 this evening. It finally dropped in price to 20 bucks. I've only played through the first level so far, but it seems to be better than the first so far.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Computer's been on the fritz, but here I am using Medanite's computer. Um...Hauls I've gotten since then, in no particular order

Springer vs Ratbat
Roadbuster vs Dirge- Both packs are good, especially since I don't own any of the original molds. I'm a little underwhelmed by the Roadbuster/Dirge set though. Roadbuster could really stand to be more poseable, and Dirge just underwhelms on all levels. Transformation is WAY too simplistic, and the arms are too limited. The gun's just a write-off. Blah. If you only get one of these, go for Springer/Ratbat. The base molds are better, and they work better as the characters they're supposed to be (I really like Ratbat).

Special Teams Leaders Legends pack- Mainly bought for Razorclaw and Hun-Gurrr, but the set's really nice overall. They're all painted very nicely (Hun-Gurrr is frickin' gorgeous), and the molds they picked generally work for the characters, especially Scattorshot, who can actually kinda pull off the original version's base mode. A very worthwhile set, especially as much as I like Legends (and compared to the current prices on Legends, $15 for five of these guys is a steal).

Animated Elite Guard Bumblebee- The mold interested me, but the paintmatch on the original version really killed me. Fortunately, this recolor appealed much more, especially since the head's actually black. Looks really snazzy, and it turns out it is a fun mold, especially the transformation. And hey, one more to my Elite Guard crew. Now I just need Blurr.

Transformers- Target: 2006 TPB
Transformers Best of UK: Space Pirates- I've become rather fond of the Marvel UK stuff lately, and have resolved to get all of IDW's reprint trades. Really need to track down Dinobots now.

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye Profile Book Volume 2- So I've got both of these now. Fun! And some of this Dreamwave art is hilarious, especially both of Ultra Magnus's.

Comics/Mangoo:
Teen Titans Vol. 9
Bleach Vol. 25
Bleach Official Character Book: SOULs- Clearly, I like Bleach too much.
Yozakura Quartet Vol. 3
Tetragrammaton Labyrinth Vol. 4
Ghost Talker's Daydream Vol. 2

Animoose:
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 Complete Collection- Between this, Escaflowne, and another watching-through of Outlaw Star, Anime Night for Medanite and I is now 90's Anime Night!
Strawberry Panic Vol. 5- Lusbins! Sadness! Endings!
Magical Witch Punie-Chan- The titular character's magical phrase is "Lyrical Tokarev Kill Them All!". Need I say more?
Code Geass Part II Limited Edition- Like the first box, this comes with way too much crap. The Manga still sucks, but the guidebooklets and audio drama CD more than make up for it. I love this show to bits.

Video Game:
Chaos Wars- This game has the best (read: most spectacularly awful) voice acting evar. That is the entire reason I bought it.

And probably a few other things I've forgotten to list. Christ I buy too much stuff.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

andersonh1 wrote:Bought the Target two-pack of Roadbuster and Dirge.
Who are these guys again? Repaints?
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

donosaur wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:Bought the Target two-pack of Roadbuster and Dirge.
Who are these guys again? Repaints?
They are. Roadbuster is a repaint of Cybertron Defense Hot Shot in G1 Roadbuster's colors. Apart from the face, it's a very appropriate mold for the character, and very well done. Dirge is a repaint of the voyager size Starscream from Cybertron, which was a TRU exclusive rather than mass retail. We got Supreme Starscream as the regular retail version. I didn't own either mold used for Dirge and Roadbuster before, though I did have Supreme and Legends Starscream, so I'm at least familiar with Dirge's basic transformation. The traditional Dirge colors of dark blue, brown and black really work well as a color scheme.
Last edited by andersonh1 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Went to Target this mornin', to find those packs. (I am not willing to pay after-market on them.) No luck.

Anybody want to trade the Dirge?

And, today, I found:

TFU Ironhide
TFU Sideswipe (for customizing)

Dom
-gonna need more Acid Storms soon.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Some TFA:

-Stealth Lockdown w/ Bumblebee and Prime