December Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

December Hauls

Post by Dominic »

If anybody wants to start a specific "Christmas/Hannukah/shopping day" thread, go ahead. I, or one of the other mods will pin it.

This past weekend (technically November):

-completed the MASS Device
-SnakeEyes/Hardmaster comic pack
-another pilot Scarlett

-customizing yielded: Wilder Vaught/Red Laser, Quarrel, and Glenda

Dom
-now needs the elements to run the MASS Device, and then....mwahahahahahahahahahahaha
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: December Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

Also technically November hauls:

AC/DC Powerage
AC/DC Let There Be Rock
Wall*E Blu-Ray
Fisher Space Pen Bullet Blue
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:AC/DC Powerage
Sin City FTW.

I may have to buy something tonight just to spite you guys with your technical hauls. Then again, I'm supposed to pay to go to a 'con in January, so.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Yeah, I realized that since Bon Scott was still dead, the only way to get really good AC/DC was to buy more pre'1980 albums.

I will have an authentic (and expensive) December haul at the end of the day, I just didn't want to cheat. However, it's arrived at my mailbox place, so I may as well say it...

December Haul:
Sideshow Collectibles 12" Indiana Jones
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Ahh, you douche.

Well, I played something vaguely like a gig. Open Mic Night down at the college. Showed up with Badass Electric and the Laptop to blast some live tunes, and I...well, I did it, anyway.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I got some pretty nifty stuffs during my hideous internetless few days.

Box o' TFs:

- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Wreck-Gar
- G1 Chase
- G1 Wideload
- G1 Octane
- G1 Sandstorm
- G1 Battletrap
- G1 Flywheels
- Movie Longarm
- Movie Warpath
- Cybertron Thunderblast vs. Sky Lynx
- McAniMegs
- McAniRatchet
- Assorted junkers and crap

Some doubles, some new to my shelves, all in pretty decent condition with a few missing accessories.

Cds:

- The Smashing Pumpkins: The Aeroplane Flies High boxset. One of my musical grails, was very stoked to finally get it. Local pawnshop had someone pawn it and fail to pay in time, so they had to hock it off at public auction (For fair market value - I did ask them to sell it privately, but no dice). Snagged it for a song, lovely set. Contains the five singles/EPs released from the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness double album, complete with a whole backlog of excellent B-sides. In a handy carry case!

- VAST: Music For People
- Meat Beat Manifesto: Mindstream
- The Mercy Cage: Scree:Transmissions
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

25th Flash, rereleased card. Eleven down, two to go. Technically it's ten and three, but I'm using O13 Duke as Grunt.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

That grunt figure is awful. What is with that face sculpt?

And:
Ninja Viper

Dom
-hoping one of the local stores got "Shattered Glass"
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Picked up a second Silverstreak... thinking about painting this one solid silver to be more accurate to the original figure. Hey, they're still $7.77... cheaper than basics at this point.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:That grunt figure is awful. What is with that face sculpt?
The actual Grunt figure released in the threepack? It's actually Flash's head. It's the crappy facial hair that does it. I'm planning on replacing my regular Duke with Resolute Duke when he comes out, so there'll be more variation.