December Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Re: December Hauls

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

TFA Megs and Magnus
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit for Wii
Microsoft Sidewinder Gaming Mouse
Season 1 of Animated, DVD
Radio alarm
Some DVDs, including Ghost Rider (eh), 21 (meh) and Blues Brothers (yay!)
Blu Ray player (for the entire family)
Spore
A lot of clothes
BEEF JERKY
$315 and counting
Last edited by Misanthrope Prime on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Christmas with the mother and grandmother today. Boosh!

-Rurouni Kenshin, season 1 on DVD. 'Alright.' This is, bar none, my single favourite anime series ever, so it's good to actually own the first 27 eps.
-The Dark Knight, special edition DVD. I can now return the rental copy!
-Henkei Megatron and Sunstreaker. Hooray!
-Trigun Maximum volume 4
-Fullmetal Alchemist volume 5
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time manga, volume 2
-Watching The Watchmen artbook
-Atomic Robo and the Fightin' Scientists Of Tesladyne TPB
-TF: Reign of Starscream TPB
-$90, which, added to my existing $120, gives me $210.
-A Santa Pez dispenser! With Pez!

I think that's it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Allllrighty then, Christmas Haul! Some of this is crap I got over the past few days, a lot is stuff I bought myself and stockpiled for the day. Makes it more exciting that way, heh.

TFs:

- Premium Movie Megatron.
- FansProject Classics Ultra Magnus Armour. This thing is very very impressive, although I have yet to combine it with Magnus as I'm staying with relatives.
- Metallic Metalforce Convoy PVC (Likely a knockoff, but a good one).
- A set of those Boss Coffee premiums released in Japan a while back, including gold PVC Megatron, Starscream, and Prime, and Microns Craydon and Seawave. The Microns are redecos of the Giant Planet crane truck and submarine respectively. I'm irked we are yet to get a yellow submarine.
- Cybertron 'Galaxy Force' Optimus Prime redeco.
- Henkei Ironhide. Much nicer than Hasbro's, go the chrome chaingun and the yellow stripe in vehicle mode.

- SWTF General Grievous starfighter. Mixed bag, great vehicle mode, good lower half, really bad floppy upper half.
- SWTF TIE Bomber. This is excellent, one of the best SWTFs released.

- Animated Activators Grimlock. Needed a sword, arms are too long, better articulation than the larger one.
- Animated Activators Megatron. My favourite Activator thus far, nicely articulated with a nifty flipchange.
- Animated Activators Thundercracker. I dig Thundy, and I dug Starscream, so this is a win.
- The Animated shift-tech game. Apparently a freebie some family friend was given, I shall give it to my cousins.

Books:

- 50 Robots to Draw and Paint. Heey, this is fun. Has a big section on transforming robots and mecha, too.
- 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.
- NZ Rock 1987-2007.

Music:

- 05:22:09:12 OFF, by Front 242.
- Ta-Dah, by the Scissor Sisters, big swanky deluxe edition.
- A copy of The Dope Show single by Marilyn Manson on vinyl. I'm turning this into a wall clock. It will be at least seven flavours of awesome, and one of those flavours is hot butter.

Other Crap:

- 5x magnifying shaving mirror.
- Vouchers for CDs and other stores.
- $50.
- Shirt and t-shirt for work.
- Lots of vitamins and effervescent tablets and such.
- Standard shampoo/conditioner/deodorant gift packs.
- Hair ties, chocolates, and candles.

Woo!
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

My Christmas Haul thus far:

$30 Best Buy giftcard
Work Pants
Boxers (I do appreciate clothes, really)
Family Guy Calendar (My parents make a point of getting me a calendar every year, and they went with Family Guy this year, so hey)
Burn After Reading on DVD (Easily one of the best movies I've seen all year, seriously)
DC Direct Uncle Sam (This thing is old, I can't believe Medanite tracked one down for me. He's that awesome.)
Gurren Lagann T-Shirt (This is another awesome gift from Medanite. It's got a big ol' Dai-Gurren-Dan logo on the back, ka-sweet.)
TFU Acid Storm (The only Universe Classics toy I did not yet own, and he's surprisingly nice, yay!)
TFA Oil Slick (Already had this one, but I may turn this spare into Cy-Kill, or maybe do it up in the apparent show colors. Are we getting an actual repaint in that theme?)
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Christmas "haul" - Universe Drag Strip, which I actually bought myself, but with Christmas money. So it got wrapped up and I had to wait until Christmas morning to open it. :mrgreen:

Today: Target Standoff Beneath the Streets box set with Springer and Ratbat, marked down to $20.98. Watch me find it for half that in a week.
Last edited by andersonh1 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

andersonh1 wrote:Christmas "haul" - Universe Drag Strip, which I actually bought myself, but with Christmas money. So it got wrapped up and I had to wait until Christmas morning to open it. :mrgreen:
Noice, how is Drag Strip? I was underwhelmed by him in person, the yellow didn't impress me. Definitely planning to get Overkill, though.
Today: Target Battle Beneath the Streets box set with Springer and Ratbat, marked down to $20.98. Watch me find it for half that in a week.
Hmm, those two sets haven't been released here.. If you 'do' see a dirt cheap Dirge and Roadbuster set, I'd be dead keen!
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

onslaught86 wrote:Noice, how is Drag Strip? I was underwhelmed by him in person, the yellow didn't impress me. Definitely planning to get Overkill, though.
Drag Strip looks really good. The yellow could stand to be a little more yellow-orange to match the original, but it's a nice homage to the original figure. I really like it.
Hmm, those two sets haven't been released here.. If you 'do' see a dirt cheap Dirge and Roadbuster set, I'd be dead keen!
I'll keep an eye out and see how low they get. I have two Targets within 20 minutes of my house, and one of them had a TON of both sets. I'd be willing to bet they'll mark them down more at some point.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I spend too much money. But this is all Christmas Money, so:

-Rurouni Kenshin volume 12. Yay the manga.
-Rurouni Kenshin profiles book. Saw this in the bookstore, flipped through it, saw a suggestive poster in the front, decided I needed it (because my room is not yet creepy enough) and bought it. The book is cool too, eheh. It goes into detail about some elements of the Meiji era of the Japanese government and various battles that occured in Kenshin's past, which match up to 'real life' actual battles. Nifty stuff, there.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. I never actually owned a copy of the book, so I figured I might as well. It 'is' one of my favourites.
-The Weatherman on DVD. For five bucks! Saw this movie on TV the other day, after wanting to see it for a while, and decided it was definitely worth $5.
-Blank CDs! For to burn things on.
-An "I Believe In Harvey Dent" shirt on clearance for $9. Boosh.
-Legends G2 Megs! Found one at KB, and it was 'half price.' Awesome.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

TFA Prowl
" Starscream
the Optimus half of the Battle Begins two pack (my brother gets the megatron)
Also got a wacom Bamboo Fun tablet so I can draw dirty pictures in photoshop, Metal Gear Solid 3 (yes 3, I am a luddite and the PS2 is the most advanced thing I own), Mario 64 DS, a rice cooker and an electric kettle. It was a pretty good christmas!
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:-Rurouni Kenshin profiles book. Saw this in the bookstore, flipped through it, saw a suggestive poster in the front, decided I needed it (because my room is not yet creepy enough)
One of us! One of us!

Also, don't know how I managed to forget this in my first Christmas haul listing, but I also got a hat. A porkpie. It are awesome.