December Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Re: December Hauls

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Leatherman Blast. I lost my old leatherman a few months ago (everyone on the robotics team uses a Wave so if you leave one out, someone else will accidentally pick it up) so I got a more distinct style and wrote my name on it, plus it's an upgrade in terms of ergonomics, size and tool placement.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Celebrated Christmas with the father today, and here's what all I got:

-Spiffy new MP3 player, four gigs onboard with an SD card slot. To go with it, I got an FM radio transmitter so I can use it in my car, and a new set of spiffy shiny headphones with 'skulls on the ears.' Bitchin'.
-A stack of comics. Ollie's, semi-local shoddy discount chain, has these packs of like ten comics for $5. I have no idea how they get these things, because they range wildly in terms of publisher, type and date. Between this whole stack, I found an issue of GI Joe from 1987 (involving Armoured CC and Fred VII, but not one of the pivotal ones), two issues of Valiant's Shadowman from the early 90s (Sweet!), an issue from the Reign of the Supermen arc, a Punisher annual, an issue of World War Hulk, and...Armada #1. Sweet.
-A bunch of movies on DVD that I totally did not ask for. Included is The Devil's Advocate (Really cool movie where Al Pacino is Satan and screws around with Keanu), Constantine (I literally said, "Why did you 'pay money' for this? This movie was horrible."), Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny (Be quiet, I like Jack Black), The Blues Brothers, and Shoot 'Em Up. Originally, I got V For Vendetta and my brother got Shoot 'Em Up, but we traded. I really liked Shoot 'Em Up.
-A Joe Satriani compilation. I've not listened to much Satch, but I keep intending to, so this'll be a good start.
-Bookends! I've been wanting bookends for a while, to...well, hold up my books, and these are just what I wanted. Nice, thick, sturdy metally bookends that look pretty damn industrially.
-A book about Festivus, the fictional holiday from Seinfeld. Sweet.
-A book of...guitar chords? Way to buy me things I can just look up on the Internet, Dad! The worst bit is, I tried to actually use it earlier to look up some chords for Wonderwall, and it gave me the wrong info. Oh well.
-TF-related shirts. There are never enough of these. Ever.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

onslaught86 wrote:I really liked Hammerstrike. Weird design, very Eva-esque, shame he's fragile. Dig that the hammerhead turns into a hammer, heh.
I like the figure too. The one I bought is very stiff, so I'm trying to be extra careful not to break it when transforming. It's certainly the most unique Transformer design I own.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Today, after friends alerted me to new stock locally, I zipped into town in my lunch break and purchased an early christmas present for myself:

- Animated Entertainment Pack

This being Jetfire, Jetstorm, and the pack-in comic. It's actually cheaper than the Battle Begins pack by a good margin, I attribute this to the pack-in comic versus the DVD. Considering the comic is new content, and GOOD new content, it's a vast improvement.

I'll start a thread about these guys, I have quite a lot to say. Dom, buy this set, if only for the comic and all it represents.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

onslaught86 wrote:Today, after friends alerted me to new stock locally, I zipped into town in my lunch break and purchased an early christmas present for myself:

- Animated Entertainment Pack

This being Jetfire, Jetstorm, and the pack-in comic. It's actually cheaper than the Battle Begins pack by a good margin, I attribute this to the pack-in comic versus the DVD. Considering the comic is new content, and GOOD new content, it's a vast improvement.

I'll start a thread about these guys, I have quite a lot to say. Dom, buy this set, if only for the comic and all it represents.

Is it worth ordering on-line?

Dom
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Yes, Dom, do. I really think you'll like this set, even if only for the excellent comic and concept.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Encore Metroplex

Dom
-has wanted a Metroplex for over 20 years.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Watch his waist, I hear it's vulnerable.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I have heard the same. I figure it will be safe as a display piece, as soon as I clear off some shelf space.

It is an oddly satisfying toy. It has many things I did not like about G1, including stickers and non-integrated parts. But, I have always liked the concept of base-formers.

Dom
-gonna paint a PVC Metrotitan as there is no way of ever getting a full-scale Metrotitan.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Customizing yielded a G2 Ramjet. (Standard Decepticon soldier head. Expect a cone-headed F-15 in the near future.)

Dom
-last haul of '08.