Spring 2021 Hauls!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Spring 2021 Hauls!!

Post by Shockwave »

And I looked for them on Walmart's website. They have some of them there, Hardhead is the only one on there for retail price. There are two others but at prices worse than what you would find on ebay. Walmart started this crap last year with the MOTU Origins line, selling them directly for scalper prices. There are ways around that (returning it and then rebuying for retail price or just getting partially refunded) but they shouldn't have them up there for more than retail to begin with. Which is why I hate Walmart (ok, there's lots of reasons, like I needed one more).
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

They're all over my local Walmarts. Do you want me to grab any for you? I've seen:

- Hardhead
- Skullcruncher
- Highbrow
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:46 pm They're all over my local Walmarts. Do you want me to grab any for you? I've seen:

- Hardhead
- Skullcruncher
- Highbrow
Any that you can find would be great!! Thank you! PM me with the details and I can paypal you for the cost and shipping.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:25 am
Ursus mellifera wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:46 pm They're all over my local Walmarts. Do you want me to grab any for you? I've seen:

- Hardhead
- Skullcruncher
- Highbrow
Any that you can find would be great!! Thank you! PM me with the details and I can paypal you for the cost and shipping.
Will do! I'll PM once I've grabbed some for you.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

DC Essential edition Green Lantern Blackest Night tpb. I'm not sure I actually read some of this. I was in one of my periodic lulls when it comes to interest in comics, and missed a bunch of the story, so I always meant to go back and catch up. It'll be nice to finally have the trade and read it properly, and plug a gap in my GL books.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:43 pm DC Essential edition Green Lantern Blackest Night tpb. I'm not sure I actually read some of this. I was in one of my periodic lulls when it comes to interest in comics, and missed a bunch of the story, so I always meant to go back and catch up. It'll be nice to finally have the trade and read it properly, and plug a gap in my GL books.
Blackest Night is one of the few DC books I was getting and reading when it came out. That and the followup, Brightest Day. They were pretty good, IMO.

Hauls!! The complete Beast Wars and Beast Machines on dvd, a turntable with USB recording capabilities, and Kingdom Inferno. Just got done watching all of G1 and realized that I don't have the Beast era on DVD and decided to rectify that. Inferno is Grapple as a fire truck. If you have Grapple and you like him, then you'll absolutely HATE Inferno LOL :lol:

The turntable is for a project I'm working on. I'm going to start a Youtube channel where I read comic books in character voices. I'm starting with Marvel G1 Transformers. I wanted to have the background music from the show, but the only release of that music was on the vinyl records that came out the end of 2019. Which requires a vinyl player to play it. I also plan to have the scene changes in the videos as well. Really going for the G1 comic turned into episode of the cartoon feel. If the channel does well enough, I may even get into doing stop motion animated videos for them. But, baby steps, one thing at a time.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Walmart retro Headmasters Weirdwolf, Hardhead, and Highbrow thanks to Honey Bear. They're basically the Japanese Titans Return toys in US G1 style packaging. All of which is awesome.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Kingdom Megatron and Dinobot. I like both of these figures. But, they are not without their flaws. Megatron is quite panel-y, and at first it was kinda hard to figure out. My biggest problem is the paneling in the alt mode. the T-Rex neck doesn't really lock together and looks messy. It's like that so that it can preserve the articulation, but I feel like this could have been done better. The tail doesn't really get fully covered up either, and I wish that part was removeable since there is a hand on that arm. Would have been nice if it was detachable. It's pinned in and doesn't really need to be. Having said all of that, at least the bot mode does almost completely cover up the robot mode. I would still recommend this figure if you happen to find one. I got mine from Hasbro Pulse because I got tired of looking in stores.

Dinobot: Oh boy. I love the robot mode. I like the velociraptor mode. It's a definite improvement and the best main line scale release Dinobot figure so far. BUT, he has faux raptor head parts that become part of the raptor legs, which leaves him with raptor eyes on his raptor legs They're on the underside so it's not that bad, but I still feel like they could have done something different to keep that from winding up there. In defense of the faux parts, there's not really any way they were going to achieve the look of the cartoon model by just using the raptor head itself, by itself. It's too thin. And also in defense, the raptor head is actually still used for most of the chest. The faux parts are just to fill it out so he looks decent. And in further defense of it, at least said parts actually do get used in transformation and not just hidden away. That said, I do wish the eyes were on some sort of flip panel to hide them away. I do really like this figure and I do highly recommend it. As I said, it's the best mainline release so far, so if you don't have Dinobot and you want one, go with this one.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:29 am As I said, it's the best mainline release so far, so if you don't have Dinobot and you want one, go with this one.
I'm happy with mine. I just don't like his dog penis tail.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:29 amBUT, he has faux raptor head parts that become part of the raptor legs, which leaves him with raptor eyes on his raptor legs They're on the underside so it's not that bad, but I still feel like they could have done something different to keep that from winding up there.
Ursus mellifera wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:13 amI'm happy with mine. I just don't like his dog penis tail.
Yeah, these are the two points in the design of the figure I think could have made it even better. I really don't get they they designed the sword so it sticks out of the end of the tail, rather than being completely hidden by the tail like the original toy did. And I think they could have figured out a way to hide the faux raptor eyes rather than just having them exposed on the back of his legs. Overall a great figure, just a couple odd design choices.

Got a shot in the arm today. Getting another next month.