Winter Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Winter Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

MOTU Origins Sky Sled with Prince Adam. I'm loving this line at the moment. It's GREAT to be able to get high quality MOTU figures are reasonable retail prices. And it's nothing short of amazing to me that I've managed to find a Walmart that actually has this stuff in stock. Anyway, the thing I like about this set (aside from the great vehicle and great figure) is that Adam comes with a stand alone Power Sword. Not a half like the ones that come with He-Man and Skeletor. I might make a mold of it and recast them in other colors to match He-Man and Skeletor.

Earthrise Trailbreaker. Yep, that's Trailbreaker alright. I mean, there's not much to say especially if you already have Hoist. He's got decent paint, articulation and detail, better than any previous versions that we've had. And he's way taller that the Trailcutter. So yeah, if you don't have one and want one that's appropriately Geewunny, then this is the bot for you.

Andirons for the fireplace. My house has been needing these for a while and my wife and I finally picked some out and got them. Now we can actually have a fire and stoke it if we need to.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Holy shit, Adam has a complete power sword?! What color is it?!?!
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Magenta.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:54 amMagenta.
Bummer.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:29 am
Shockwave wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:54 amMagenta.
Bummer.
Yeah, but that's the same color the original toy came with so it makes sense. But I also know a lot of people were hoping that He-Man and Skeletor would also come with complete versions of the sword as well. Once I get my workbench cleared off, I plan to mold it so I can cast it in the correct colors for them.

Anyway... on to more hauls!! MOTU Origins Beast Man, Man At Arms and Trap Jaw. I'm still loving this line. These were all favorites of mine and I love having them in my collection again. Beast Man is a little teatery on his feet but so far, he's the only one that is. And I still don't have much trouble getting him to stand.

Transformers Earthrise Runabout. Yeah, found one a Target. Actually, I had a guy get it from the back, but he did, and I now own it. So of course I had to order Runamuck as well, so we'll see about him when he gets here. There's actually a lot of faux parts on here, mostly for the robot mode. A faux car roof for the chest and faux wheels for the heel spurs. BUT, unlike figures like Generations Bumblebee/Nightbeat, where the faux car roof completely ruined the figure and kept it from functioning in alt mode, this does not. Everything appropriately tucks away and locks together in alt mode and he rolls just fine, as rolling things should. So, yeah, I'm pretty happy with him and recommend getting him if you can get a Target employee to get one for you.

Star Wars Power of the Force Battle of Hoth playset. I didn't even know this thing existed until I saw it at a store yesterday. And with redoing the Hoth scene recently, I couldn't pass it up. It's just the turret, shield generator and a cannon and that's it, no figures. Which is fine because I have plenty of figures anyway. And it really completed the look of the scene on my shelf. For those of you that are friends with me on Facebook, I've posted pictures. It looks so great, I finally have no desire to change anything on that shelf.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

MOTU Origins Orko. Not much to say that I haven't already said about this line, good figure, good paint, good addition to the collection.

Earthrise Runamuck and Netflix Bumblebee and Prowl and Ironhide: I like these molds. They're all great in my opinion and worth tracking down if you can.

A Ring doorbell. Had fun hooking this up and playing with it tonight.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I ran across and bought a used copy of the IDW Transformers collection "phase 2" volume 9. I've been reevaluating some of the IDW Transformers comics published around this time, whenever I can find them for a bargain price. This volume collects the Combiner Wars storyline, which I did in fact read at the time it first came out, and it's a pretty good political plot about the first contact between Cybertron and the lost colony of Caminus, and Starscream's use of Combiners to manipulate the situation. Starscream's attempted murder of Swindle is part of this story, something I had forgotten, clearing up some circumstances covered in TAAO, which I'm also currently reading.

The book also collects More than Meets the Eye 41-44 (I had stopped reading that book at this point), and though James Roberts had some strong ideas for stories, this book was every bit as constantly irritating as I recall. Every character except Megatron (an Autobot at this time) is a babbling idiot (especially Rodimus) who does little but drink and dance and flirt when not involved in the latest wacky near-death adventure. The book can't decide if it's trying to be (lame) comedy or high adventure, and it's an uncomfortable mix of both.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

One more book haul: I ordered volume 1 of the current IDW Transformers series "The World in Your Eyes" and it arrived yesterday. The book collects issues 1-12, and is otherwise comparable to volume 2 in terms of page size, bookmark, slightly larger art and extra cover art included in the back of the book.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Netflix Soundwave and Elita-1. Soundwave is extremely heavily remolded from the Siege mold. To the point where it's a completely different toy. The arms fold completely different as do the legs and the panels on the legs that would normally fold out to make the spaceship mode on the siege toy are not even panels on this one, they're molded in place. I had tried to fold the siege version into a walkman mode but the arms don't fold in such a way to allow it. On the Netflix version there's no way to fan mode it into the spaceship. So yeah, if you want a Soundwave from this line that turns into a walkman, this is the one you have to get.

I haven't opened Elita-1 yet, but she's based off the Earthrise Arcee mold, so when I do get around to fiddling with it, that will determine if I want to get Arcee or not. I've been hesitant because I still have the Generations version and am still pretty happy with it.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:29 am Netflix Soundwave and Elita-1.

I haven't opened Elita-1 yet, but she's based off the Earthrise Arcee mold, so when I do get around to fiddling with it, that will determine if I want to get Arcee or not. I've been hesitant because I still have the Generations version and am still pretty happy with it.
I have headmaster Arcee, too, and I'm doing the same thing. I'm happy enough with her that I'm not going to replace her just because.

How many tapes fit in Soundwave at the same time? He looks hefty enough for possibly two in the photos.