Winter Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Winter Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

Just one. Same with Siege. And even then, it's a bit dicey. The Ratbat mold is a little too big so the tape deck door doesn't quite function like it should. It closes just fine, but you have to manually open it to get them out. Ravage and laserbeak are fine though.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Yeah, I have Siege Soundwave, so I know the struggles of fitting Ratbat in there. I do want that Laserbeak with the bird head, though, and one can never have too many Soundwaves in my opinion.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Come to think of it, I don't think Frumble and Renzy fit very well in there either.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

They do not.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Earthrise Ironworks. I'd been skipping this one because I've been thinking of him as the companion piece to Omega Supreme which I don't have. But, I got him for the compatibility with the micromasters and to hook onto other things that have those connectors. And in that function, this thing is really fun. I connected him to Optimus Prime's trailer, Astrotrain's caboose, and the platform bots and it was pretty cool, like having a little micromaster city. Highly recommended if you have either Omega Supreme or just a bunch of micromasters.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Earthrise Paradron Medic set. It's the most G1ish Ratchet they've made so far. I've had time to fiddle with Elita-1 and Paradron now and I think I'm going to replace Generations Arcee. Maybe. I think I'm going to fiddle with them both side by side and then make that decision. But I really do like the look better. And the feet are more stable although the two copies of this mold I've gotten so far have somewhat loose knee joints. As for Ratchet, if you have the Siege mold, there's not much more going on with this one other than the remolded chest and the backpack/van roof. Most pictures show the roof functioning as a shield, but it can be put on his back instead if you don't want it visible in bot mode. Or you can also just leave it off completely and the bot mode still looks great. I'm going to sell Siege Ratchet, but I'm keeping his weapons because ER only comes with the same gun that Ironhide came with.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

The only Transformer related Christmas gift: War for Cybertron Siege Megatron. Great sculpting and "weathered" paint on this figure, and the face looks like it popped right off the animated series. May have to do a more thorough review later on.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

X-Mas hauls!! My wife got me Kingdom Blackarachnia and Cheetor and Earthrise Bugbite. She also got me Decepticon logo stuff for my car: Seat covers, hubcap logos, and tire valves. She also got me some clear action figure riser stands, which are REALLY great. I've already assembled them and can actually see my collection now.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:00 pm She also got me some clear action figure riser stands, which are REALLY great. I've already assembled them and can actually see my collection now.
:o I've been looking for some of those. What kind did she get you? Where did she get them?!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

She got them from Amazon. They have a LOT of different types on there. If you just type "action figure display" they'll come up. Best advise would be to measure where you want them because there's a lot of different sizes. The ones my wife got me are clear and have three levels and require assembly with provided bolts and a screwdriver. They work REALLY well on the highest shelf.