Winter Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Winter Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

Kingdom Rattrap. Smaller than the original but more fun IMO. I was going to pass on this but something compelled me to get it anyway. It's way better than I thought it would be.

Siege Jetfire. They had a restock on bbts so I got him. I'm inclined to call him Skyfire since that's obviously what they were going for and for that aesthetic, it succeeds perfectly. He's got some pretty awesome features too: the hole for the gun retracts when you open the hand. I do wish the armor looked a little more like the Valkyre but I understand why it isn't. I think it's as close as it can be legally. Anyway, if you want a Jetfire and have the room, I highly recommend it. He's about as tall as Superion.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:31 pm Anyway, if you want a Jetfire and have the room, I highly recommend it. He's about as tall as Superion.
Nice. I have one in my Pile of Loot, but I haven't shipped it yet.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I bought Transformers volume 3, "All Fall Down" which has issues 19-24 of the current series and issue 7-12 of Galaxies. When I decided that I wanted these books in hardcover and saw how much some of the out of print volumes go for, I figured I had better get these while they are available, because there's just no way to know when they'll go out of print or not.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

andersonh1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:05 am I bought Transformers volume 3, "All Fall Down" which has issues 19-24 of the current series and issue 7-12 of Galaxies.
Where do you get yours? I've been buying them from the IDW website, and this one only seems to be in digital so far.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:52 pm
andersonh1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:05 am I bought Transformers volume 3, "All Fall Down" which has issues 19-24 of the current series and issue 7-12 of Galaxies.
Where do you get yours? I've been buying them from the IDW website, and this one only seems to be in digital so far.
I bought this one on Amazon, but InStockTrades or CheapGraphicNovels are sites I've often used, and a lot of times they're cheaper than Amazon, and pack the books much better.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

andersonh1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:04 pm I bought this one on Amazon, but InStockTrades or CheapGraphicNovels are sites I've often used, and a lot of times they're cheaper than Amazon, and pack the books much better.
Wow, thanks. That's super helpful.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

You're welcome. Here's one more site: https://www.talesofwonder.com

I get most of my omnibuses from Tales of Wonder or InStock Trades. Sometimes one site will have a book and the others won't, and sometimes you can save a few dollars at one versus the other, but often they all have much the same thing. But it's worth checking.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Amazon Botropolis set. I was a little cool to Micromasters when they first came out. But I have REALLY warmed up to them lately. I have especially enjoyed the two sets that combine and this set repaints both of them. Ironworks and Overair make for a great Launch pad for the mini space shuttles. Then, put them with Sky Lynx and Astrotrain because we heard you like space shuttles so we put space shuttles on your space shuttles. This set also comes with Doubledealer's shoulder missile repainted. This almost makes me want Doubledealer. I passed on him and haven't felt any particular need to go back and get him. Anyway, enough of that, this set is awesome, I like the repaints and I like how everything looks together. This is easily one of the most fun sets to come out of this line, I highly recommend it, if you can find it for a decent price.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

1000 piece He-Man and Skeletor puzzles, Kingdom core class Optimus Prime and 2x Siege Laserbeak and Ravage. I'll have to do the puzzles after my wife and I get back into our home. There was a water leak back in January and due to the incompetence of the first leak detection company we've had way more done to the house than we really needed to. And as a result, we've been in a hotel since. Anyway... My wife bought a new car this week and we were picking that up last night so I didn't have a chance to open or fiddle with Prime yet. Maybe today. As for the Siege two packs, I'm going to Frankenstein a Buzzsaw if it kills me.

Still waiting on the vinyl tile for the bathrooms.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:41 am As for the Siege two packs, I'm going to Frankenstein a Buzzsaw if it kills me.
I've been thinking of doing that, too. I doubt we're going to get one for this line.