Winter Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Winter Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:33 am
Shockwave wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:41 am As for the Siege two packs, I'm going to Frankenstein a Buzzsaw if it kills me.
I've been thinking of doing that, too. I doubt we're going to get one for this line.
I tried once already after I got the Netflix Soundwave set. It didn't go well. Just trying to get the pins out of the wings is damn near impossible. That's why I got two: One to destroy on one and one to destroy the body on the other so that the remaining parts will be usable. I hate pins. Hate them. With a passion.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Also, I've had a chance to fiddle with Core Prime. If you have Earthrise Prime and you like that one, get this one. It's visually the same thing just like, 1/4 the size (or whatever ration it is). And they did some interesting things with the transformation for such a small figure.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:10 am I hate pins. Hate them. With a passion.
I don't even know how to begin removing pins or rivets. I want to sometimes, especially for painting, but it's daunting.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:04 am
Shockwave wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:10 am I hate pins. Hate them. With a passion.
I don't even know how to begin removing pins or rivets. I want to sometimes, especially for painting, but it's daunting.
There's really only two ways to deal with them: Bang the shit out of them or use a soldering iron to heat it up and then bang the shit out of it. The third method is two have two copies and to destroy one part on one and the other part on the other.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:33 pm
There's really only two ways to deal with them: Bang the shit out of them or use a soldering iron to heat it up and then bang the shit out of it. The third method is two have two copies and to destroy one part on one and the other part on the other.
So, no good options, really. Just a lot of "hope for the best."
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:01 am
Shockwave wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:33 pm
So, no good options, really. Just a lot of "hope for the best."
Pretty much.