Summer hauls!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Summer hauls!

Post by Shockwave »

I also got Direct Hit and Power Punch yesterday and I like them too. I'm still waiting to find the space shuttle set. I also liked how they each have individual modes while also having a combined alt mode but I didn't know about their weapon modes. I may have to look it up and try them out. I've been doing a lot of reprolabels lately and I saw that there is a set for these and wondered where they would need them. For the price, they're fun little things to fiddle with.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Found and bought a Wal-Mart G1 Blaster reissue. $30 for the figure, which is nice after how expensive some of these have been, presumably because of the die-cast content. I think Blaster is mostly plastic. I have an original that I bought on Ebay years ago, but it's nice to have a minty new version of the figure and packaging.

andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Great find today at Ollie's discount, "Transformers Vault: Showcasing Rare Collectibles and Memorabilia" by Pablo Hidalgo. $6.99 for a hefty hardback book with a $40 cover price is a nice bargain, and rather than describe it, here's what Amazon has to say:
For the first time ever, Transformers Vault reveals the complete story of the Transformers, everyone's favorite robots in disguise. Loaded with never-before-seen images, this book is a guide to the epic battle between the Autobots and Decepticons, as it began with toys and television, and continued to comics, film, games, and other media. There's something here for all generations, from classic toys that have become sought-after collectibles to the amazing, high-tech visuals of the three live-action films.

Hasbro has opened its official archives, gathering more than 250 images and several featured pieces of memorabilia. Look inside for a sheet of Generation One tech specs with a secret revealer, a rare pencil sketch from comics artist Casey Coller, an unseen character profile for Hot Rod from the 1986 film, an animation cel, and much more. Exclusive photos of Japanese Transformer prototypes, archival development art, and brand-new information about the future of the Transformers make this the ultimate package for every fan.
edit: went searching through the site to see if any of you already had it, and looks like Dom bought a copy back in 2011! I guess this one's been out for a while now, so I'm behind the curve. Better late than never. :mrgreen:
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Earthrise Snapdragon and Rung. Both are good, Snapdragon's transformation is tricky, but interesting. Both robot and "dragon" modes make good use of the Headmaster. Rung is... exactly like he leapt off the page of the comic. If you want a figure of that, track him down. I had fun asking my wife what she thought his alt mode was supposed to be and then explaining to her that no one knows, not even the character in continuity lol.

Also got most of the G1 Transformers puzzle from Ocean. I had trouble tracking these down, if you want them, your best bet is going to be ebay. But, gotta love that classic G1 box art and having puzzles of it is fantastic. They're sturdy too, once they're done you can pick them up and turn them around and show them off and they don't fall apart.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Siege Baricade and Earthrise Bluestreak. I have Earthrise Smokescreen on order and I'm looking forward to it. Bluestreak is a FAR superior update to the character. Siege was better than Generations, but that's a REALLY low bar. In fact, I had all three versions next to each other last night and ER is by far, the best looking, the best painted, and the sturdiest. I loved the generations mold when it came out. The figure has aged extremely poorly. The ball jointed doors broke and fell off, 100% of the time, making the figure impossible to transform correctly. The rocker feet completely failed to ever support the weight of the figure, meaning you had to pose him in a ridiculous leaning forward pose just to get him to stand. It generally locks together pretty well in alt mode, but those door wings still are a pain in the ass to get into place. The Siege figure is a massive improvement, but not without it's flaws, mostly again, in the legs. The upper half is great, I have no problems with that. The knees and ankles are better than Generations in that the feet at least can support the figure, but the knees are to spindly and on the three copies of the mold I have, too loose. Which still makes it tough to stand upright. The Earthrise figure solves all of that. The feet are big enough to hold the figure, the legs are bulky enough to not be a floppy mess and the alt mode locks together way better than the previous version.

TL:DR: If you don't have a Bluestreak or are unhappy with your current ones, get this one.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Walgreens site says Bluestreak is no longer available, so I guess I'm out of luck with this one.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:45 am Walgreens site says Bluestreak is no longer available, so I guess I'm out of luck with this one.
I was able to get three. PM me if you want one.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Shockwave wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:20 am
Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:45 am Walgreens site says Bluestreak is no longer available, so I guess I'm out of luck with this one.
I was able to get three. PM me if you want one.
This goes for anyone else on here. If you want ER Bluestreak, let me know. Cost + shipping.

Also just got Earthrise Smokescreen. And just like Bluestreak, he does not disappoint. It's really nice to have decent looking versions of these characters that aren't just floppy messes in one way or another. And I can honestly make the comparison since, especially with Bluestreak, I actually had all three lined up together (Generations, Siege, and Earthrise). ER is easily the best looking and the sturdiest. I think I'm actually going to see if I can get the Ironhide and Prowl set and sell all of the other previous versions. I also found several other bots that are going on the chopping block: Henkei Prowl, Henkei Ratchet, generations Red Alert x2, a custom Generations Breakdown, a custom Generations Barricade, Siege Bluestreak with Toyhax upgrades. Let me know if any of you are interested.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Are they Walgreen's exclusives or something?
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

They appear to be Walgreens online exclusives.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou