How is everyone doing in the age of the Corona Virus?

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: How is everyone doing in the age of the Corona Virus?

Post by Sparky Prime »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:09 pmGood luck to both of you. I had it this past summer, and it was amazing (not in a good way). Walking to the bathroom made me feel like I'd shoveled the driveway.
Much appreciated, thanks.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Sparky, I hope you and your fiance are doing well and fighting through this. To my knowledge I haven't had the virus, unless I was one of those who did not display symptoms. A coworker got Covid right before Thanksgiving and was out two weeks. The rest of us in the office got tested and it came back negative for all, thankfully. Had a distant cousin die of it just this past week, sadly. He was older, so there were complicating conditions.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:03 pm My fiancé got tested for Covid yesterday... and found out today the test came back positive. So I've obviously been exposed to it, and likely have it as well (I developed a bit of a cough yesterday and feel like I have a mild cold today). I got tested today, but it'll be a few days before I get the results.
I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for you and your fiance.

On a happier note, congratulations on getting engaged!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I developed a fever last night but thankfully it broke pretty quickly. Still don't have my test results back (not that I expected to get them today, especially given the holiday), but I think it's safe to say I have it at this point...
Shockwave wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:12 amOn a happier note, congratulations on getting engaged!
Thanks. I forgot I hadn't mentioned that before. We probably would have gotten married this year... if Covid hadn't hit.
andersonh1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:00 pmHad a distant cousin die of it just this past week, sadly. He was older, so there were complicating conditions.
Sorry to hear that. One of my cousin's kids had it a few months ago, but he recovered quickly.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sparky Prime wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:37 pm I developed a fever last night but thankfully it broke pretty quickly. Still don't have my test results back (not that I expected to get them today, especially given the holiday), but I think it's safe to say I have it at this point...
Shockwave wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:12 amOn a happier note, congratulations on getting engaged!
Thanks. I forgot I hadn't mentioned that before. We probably would have gotten married this year... if Covid hadn't hit.
Sorry to hear it, hang in there Sparky, hopefully you and your fiancee come through ok.

Congrats on getting engaged, sucks you had to postpone. My niece also had to postpone her wedding due to COVID, just no good, this topic came up last night during family Zoommas.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

We still got married but the wedding changed. Instead of having it where we wanted with all the guests, we went to a nearby state and it was just our immediate families and everyone was wearing masks. It was still beautiful. We're planning to do the bigger version in 2021 on our 1 year anniversary.