thanksgiving

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

thanksgiving

Post by Dominic »

I may not be around tomorrow, so I am posting this tonight.

I hope all of you have a relaxing Thanksgiviing. Regardless of where you are, or who you spend it with, this is probably the last truly great holiday. At the very least, I hope everybody has a chance to sleep in.

For those who are working, I do thank you. Public safety and other basic functions cannot be given the day off. And, for those working in store, I hope you can at least enjoy the evening, and the remainder of the weekend.

Dom
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Re: thanksgiving

Post by donosaur »

Watch that blood sugar Dom. I know I will.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I'll enjoy spending the day with my family on Thanksgiving. I hope all of you do as well.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Regardless of where you are, or who you spend it with, this is probably the last truly great holiday
Pfft, way to leave me out. Good thing I have time off work anyway. Glee!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I hear the Brits celebrate something similar called, "Piss off, America! Day."
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Apologies to our international members and mod. The day is unique to this country. If you want one, the best way to go about it is to foster a civil war, and have the centralized power win. As a way to bring the country together, (without creating an external devil to unite people), propose a holiday that focuses on familiy and rest. Mind you, this is an expensive proposition. But, after enough decades, it really pays for itself.
donosaur wrote:Watch that blood sugar Dom. I know I will.
I will. Most of my recent highs have been in the 'inexplicable" category. I either have no idea what causes them, or the only logical explanation still makes no sense, and therefor I could not simply have anticipated the trouble.

I will be suspending my diet for the weekend though. So many of my favorite foods are available on Thanksgiving that it is more an act of self-flagellation than anything else.

Dom
-heading home in 2 minutes.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:As a way to bring the country together, (without creating an external devil to unite people)
[Highlight for Watchmen spoilers]

...Ozymandias?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

I don't eat. I absorb.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Ozymandias specifically created an external "other". Or, he at least manufactured one.
Onslaught Six wrote:
Dominic wrote:As a way to bring the country together, (without creating an external devil to unite people)
[Highlight for Watchmen spoilers]

...Ozymandias?

On a personal note, I really hate Alan Moore. Needless to say, it is going to be a long year.

Dom
-cannot wait to see DC's take on the Charlton characters.......
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Then I fear what you may think about Frank Miller.