So... I, too, blawg now.

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

So... I, too, blawg now.

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

http://maxximenez.livejournal.com

It's a blog mostly aimed at young and first time writers, and the intricacies of the publishing industry and actual process of getting a book (specifically speculative fiction) published. Czech it out, if you've got the spare time.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: So... I, too, blawg now.

Post by Onslaught Six »

86 already uses the Bat-Blog signoff, or something similar, so you shouldn't do so. Nyerr.

My blog's mostly about whatever I want it to be. Awesomely.

Also you should put it in your sig or I'll forget it exists.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Good start. So, why did you start a new blog, rather than using your pre-existing one?

Dom
-always wonders why people choose certain places to blog.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

My blog's really out of date at the moment, I'm planning to put it all back together now I've moved. It's weird, I always feel kinda voyeuristic reading other people's blogs, like it's their diary or some such. Makes me wonder why I started one.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I started one, and kept up with it for a few months, but I just can't be bothered to update it. It's years out of date. I was probably hurt by the fact that I was determined to avoid personal topics and just discuss things that were topical at the time.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I keep meaning to turn my blog into something more. But, for the moment it is an archive of my comic reviews and political musings. I really want to increase the readership, but have not been able to sit down and thinkg about how to do this.

I generally feel no guilt in reading blogs. If somebody posts something, then they are consenting to having people see it. This does not mean that I eagerly read personal details of people's lives. Truth be told, that is one of my least favorite types of blog. Occasionally posting about one's life is one question. But, I tend to look for blogs with a topic beyond their writers, be it comics, politics, whatever.

Dom
-posted a personal entry this week actually.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

My blog covers whatever I want. Generally these days it's random funny events or things that I feel like commenting on. I only update it sporadically--I might not write in it for ages, then go ahead and do so three or four days in a row.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I try to update mine at least once a week. If not for the fact this week is short and hectic, (and the fact that I am way behind in my reviews), I would blog a bit more about politics this week.

Right now, I have 2 big blogs, (Henkei Decepticons and Marvel 2099), and a probably 3rd, (MASS Device Joe packs). And, when "Final Crisis" ends, I will likely be posting about that.

Dom
-applauds MP's focused blog purpose.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Dominic wrote:Good start. So, why did you start a new blog, rather than using your pre-existing one?

Dom
-always wonders why people choose certain places to blog.
I had a preexisting blog?

I also did it on livejournal at the suggestion of my agent, he says there are a lot of speculative fiction writers on livejournal that don't use blogspot and myspace.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I was talking about MySpace. I know you have posted a little there. But, if you agent says, "use this place", that is a good reason to use that place.

Feel free to post here about your blog.

Dom